A warning to the community wanting TBC servers next

If you think the factions are currently imbalanced on the majority of PVP servers, I don’t think you quite understand the can of worms you are opening by progressing onto TBC.

It was bad enough when TBC was actually released but the tendency towards Horde is stronger than ever and this will, 100% guaranteed, result in the death of the Alliance side on most servers.

Battlegrounds will have disgusting queues for Horde players and WPVP will be rendered obsolete on some servers.

You have been warned.

This is one of the reasons why (if there’s ever a progression to something in future) Classic + is the only rational option available.

2 Likes

In other words… It will be like BFA

2 Likes

Yes but even worse due to no CRZ.

The damage will be irreparable and I know some people are going to accuse me of being melodramatic but I’m deadly serious. It’s already bad, Blood Elves would be a nail in the coffin.

Classic + with High Elves for the Alliance is the only thing I can think of that would remotely restore some parity.

Even without TBC servers alliance is pretty much being stomped by the horde on every possible realm.
The whole Azeroth is literally painted red already and there is no stopping that , for the good or for the bad.

Why is this on GD and not classic forums .
And no we don’t want classic+ we only just got classic back .

2 Likes

That’s my bad, hopefully they can move it.

Why? Battlegroups were added in vanilla so for instanced PvP it’s a non-issue. Wpvp died with the addition of BGs anyway and then fully died with flying.

Because the sheer imbalance between the factions will result in gargantuan queue times for Horde. It’s already going to be bad when they launch Phase 2 for Classic.

Again, the server imbalance is irrelevant with battlegroups. There’s servers with majority horde and servers with majority alliance

Also why worry all ready now. IF TBC even becomes a reality, it’s like 2 years+ away

It’s very relevant because if there’s a huge imbalance (which there is) it will still result in queue times because there will be twice the number of Horde players looking for a Battleground at any one time.

I don’t care, I still want TBC. Not Classic +.

4 Likes

The only unofficial statistic we have on population balance shows there is quite literally a 50-50 split so where do you get the impression that horde outnumbers the alliance or vice versa?

It’s nowhere near 50:50 from both my own experience and people I’ve spoken to. We’ll see when there’s official number but I’d wager closer to 65:35 on most EU servers with perhaps a couple of exceptions.

Correction, pvp servers have a 45-55 split in favor of horde out of a pool of 1.5million players so horde does have more players according to that stat on wowhead.

To me it feels like horde outweighs the alliance 10 to 1 in the leveling zones but at 60 I’ve seen far more alliance camping all the farming spots so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t really mean much, especially when there’s layering on top of it all.

are you referring to the chart on T&E and wowhead recently? it was indeed interesting how, overall, balanced the factions are in classic. when compared to how unbalanced they are in BfA.

but i believe what OP is referring to is horde getting paladins, but more over, belfs. things might indeed go horribly horde heavy.

Precisely.

People are already complaining about severe imbalance on a number of servers and this will just exacerbate the problem in the long run.

I swapped to horde in the latter half of TBC and que times were never an issue even during the infamous AV premade addon days so I can’t see why it would be an issue personally, but it has been over a decade so maybe I’m underestimating how short the queues were.

1 Like

i also swapped from alliance to horde for the tail end of TBC, but for personal reasons. i also dont remember issues with bg queue times. bg’s would have been one of the big things i think i did for the end of tbc. but like you, maybe i was occupied enough with other things to not notice/remember long queue times. but the massive belf explosion was a thing. and maybe with less players now than then, how many of those players would choose belf is the issue.

you re really being melodramatic right now

1 Like