Abuse- can we expect a ban?

Following the recent public focus on abusive behaviour, I wonder if we could ask Blizzard to introduce harsher punishments for abusive behaviour in game. Today, I was tanking a low level m+ and the group wasn’t working together very well. After a few already questionable comments, I decided to leave and got a highly abusive whisper from the mage in the group (yes, I do have screenshots but unsure how to embed them here).

I would like to ask for this person to get a minimum a FEW MONTHS if not a permanent ban on their account. Regardless of the face that I was actually polite throughout the entire dungeon, this sort of behaviour SHOULD NEVER be tolerated.

And so, dear Blizzard, please do get in touch with me to discuss this further. I hope, that in line with your newfound policies on sexism, racism and any other abuse, you will take stern action.

Have a lovely day.

Can you remove what they said or you’ll be in trouble too.
Just report them making sure you give place, date and time - screenshots not needed. Blizzard won’t get in touch with you, you need to report to them. If they’re given a punishment, it’s up to Blizzard how long. It will depend on previous behaviour and how bad the GM thinks this was.
Also block them so you won’t be put in a group with them again.

You should edit your post and remove the name of the player and the conversation as naming and shaming isn’t allowed in the forums.

You report stuff like that in the game. Support isn’t game masters they don’t hand out bans, and it’s not up to your request what punishment the other player gets.

appreciate the tip- was not aware. Edited accordingly. There is no option to report abuse on the in-game system :slight_smile:

There is a difference between harassment and racial abuse, I would say.

Any abusive/harassing chat is reported this way. Someone has to review the reports anyway so the exact classification doesn’t really matter.

Sadly, I have closed the game and so can’t right-click the name.

Problem with wow

Getting banned in-game for being abusive is almost impossible

Getting falsely banned on the forums is super easy

Well summed um, Grovi. Sad how private abuse is allowed but publicly discussing it wouldn’t be…?

This is like the quinteoessential ‘karen’ who demands someone get fired.

Its not your decision.

Just report it, and let Blizzard do their thing.

Hey there Offlé!

Truly sorry about this awful situation you’ve experienced and indeed, bringing it to our attention is the way to go here. Generally, as it’s been said for some of the fine folks in this forum, we do need harassment reports to be sent via the automated tool, no matter the gravitas of the situation - those reports are handled by human agents, so they will act accordingly.

As this is no longer an option for you, however, it would be wise to send a ticket the old-fashioned way so an agent can investigate properly. While we can’t share the measures that will be taken against the offending player, you can be sure that those matters are handled swiftly and seriously :smiley:

1 Like