Accidentally Leveled my 20 alt

Hello,

I have two accounts, one with my active subscription, level 120s etc, and another with mostly an inactive subscription. On the inactive account, I have (or had) a level 20 alt which I use to play with my friends whom are currently F2P. On this character, we play together in dungeons, battlegrounds, old world questing and collecting etc.

I recently asked for help as I wanted to transfer several of my high-level characters from the inactive account to my active account, but i was unable to do so because the characters had mail / heirlooms.

Within a few hours, a GM kindly granted me 1 day of gametime to correct the issue, but at the time I happened to be playing on my level 20 alt with my friends. Whilst I’m thankful for the gametime, a chat dialogue was not opened with me and the gametime was added to my account without comment. Hence I started gaining XP without noticing. Within minutes, I had hit level 21.

The 1 day of gametime is now over, and I’m now unable to play on my beloved level 20 with my friends.

I’ve tried opening a ticket but the GM told me that they have no ability to remove experience, and that I should level back to 20 again on the inactive account :frowning: This is very sad, as I have spent hundreds of hours farming rare items, recipes, since removed items etc.

Normally I would accept the final judgement of a GM, but in this situation i really feel that the circumstances are somewhat exceptional. I am also reading on the forums that GMs do in fact have the ability to remove experience?

As a last desperate plea, is there anything that can be done in this situation?

Thanks,

1 Like

You can try reopening the ticket and asking them escalate it and to delevel you, not remove experience.

That’s the only thing you can do and I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I was you.

Hey Dottie,

You are more than welcome to re-open your ticket, we can in some circumstances de-level a character that learned banked XP by mistake.

I can’t guarantee the outcome will be different mind, but we can still check and confirm.

Thanks for the reply Reinhijks, it was me rather than Dottie.

In fact I just noticed, another GM has said no too, with a very generic answer that they have no ability to de-level a character. It wasn’t banked xp, rather a GM gave me gametime without informing me, moments before I finished a dungeon. Surely the GMs can see this is an innocent mistake?

I’ve spent so much money on this game, and to be refused help on some bureaucratic grounds feels terrible… I can’t even discuss this with a GM as they no longer seem to open a chat dialogue.

Hopefully I understand this correctly, but is there any reason why you can’t create another level 20? It takes minimal effort to reach that level. In fact it’s probably less effort than trying to de-level your character by the sounds of it.

Not to worry, the GMs tell me to do that too. However, it may seem silly, but I’ve had this level 20 for a very long time and I’ve always played him with my friends who are f2p (for whom the level cap is 20). I’ve collected old and very rare recipes, spent hundreds of hours farming very rare items etc. This is a character that I’ve invested alot in over the years.

Edit - I’ve just logged in and after my third ticket, a GM has thankfully understood my situation and has reverted my alt back to level 20. Thanks!

Glad to hear you got it sorted

1 Like

Hello sorry to reopen this.

I’ve had a similar issue, had this character in 20-29 since 2005, 100s of days played, over 5 million gold spent on gear, vanilla pvp titles etc.

Forgot I reactivated my EXP and accidentally levelled to 20, this character holds huge sentimental value to me and it’s honestly quite heartbreaking.

Hopefully i get a nice GM that understands

Well…

Firstly, if there is not a recent thread with the same issue, you should create a new one rather then bump a 1 year old post.

It is extremely rare for GM’s to de-level characters. This thread is only the 2nd success I have ever seen, the 1st one was when a GM logged into someone’s char to fix something and it levelled… it took several weeks to resolve and rebuild, so I would not get your hopes up.

Lastly, if you do decide to ask for a de-level given the above informaiton, you will need to do it via the ticket system as this forum is for advice only, it cant be used to bypass the ticket system I am afraid.

Good luck! I hope you get a satisfactory response.

That doesn’t explain why you are level 21. I also can’t see how you can accidentally go to an NPC, accidentally choose to turn it off and accidentally confirm it.

Please do not necro 1 year old threads.