Account hacked

Hello,

About 3-4h ago my other account got hacked. I was playing WoW Classic and I got a message from nickname: Blizzard, and he stated that I need to contact Game Master via fake website. And here I made a big mistake, I tried to login to that FAKE website and in about 1min my account got disconnected. They changed my email address. My email had the same password. But they did it very fast. I already submitted a ticket. Scanned pc from virus. Changed my email password and so on. How long does it take to figure it out?

Sorry to hear about your account situation. Good though that you have already scanned your PC and made a ticket to our support team. They will be able to look into this more for you and will hopefully get to your ticket soon :slight_smile:

In the meantime, take a look through this guide as it will help give a few more hints and tips for account security.

1 Like

Hi, sorry to hear that your account got hacked.
First of all I would advise to have different passwords for each type of account (i.e. game, email, etc.)
Another great idea is to have Mobile Authenticator connected to your account. Personally Iā€™m using old but great Blizzard Authenticator, so each login from different PC/IP adres requires authenticator response.

I hope your issue will be solved fast.
Hope my tips helped.
P.S. Do not click links provided IN-GAME from strangers.
Remember, GM will always have Blizzard icon with name. (At least always had when I had conversation with GM in game)
And they hardly, if never, contact you via in-game whisper by themselves .

Good Luck