Account wide achievements for shadowlands?

Anyone else praying they make all achievements actually account wide for shadowlands? Seriously no one wants to go to grizzly hills more than once to kill bloody chickens. Those pseudo account wide achievements like loremaster but you don’t get credit for the individual zones just the over arching loremaster title. Makes no sense to me why they’re not all just account wide by default. What are they actually trying to prevent you doing by keeping them how they are? I just don’t get it and I’m triggered having to fish up old crafty again in orgrimmar for 10 points. It’s not rewarding it doesn’t feel like a sense of achievement to repeat them (I spent yesterday doing pandaria treasures for the second time). I raid so I switch mains a fair bit to whatever benefits the guild and I always feel like I’m going backwards if I switch off my priest or have to go back to redo achievements on my priest so they’re all on one character.

TLDR: can we just have all achievements account wide. Properly account wide. None of this sorting by achievements in guild tab and every alt having a different amount.

5 Likes

Why? What benefit do you get from having the achievement completed with a second character to begin with that you’d want them to be account wide?

Changing main for instance.

5 Likes

Some pvp achievements looks like impossible to finish as a priest. Im a pleb but still. Im not a achievements god, but it stops me from changing character, which make me take long breaks every few months, jsut because priests are unplayable.

1 Like

I seriously hope they never do that. First of all, main reasons. Pple who just dinged can act like they know their class by linking a curve. Second, i prefer having char difference. This is my main for 10 years. Would just throw that all away then, no char has any special stuff to it then. What is next remove faction vs faction cause you want to play with a tauren?

Somethings needs to stay seperated like specific achievements.
You already have account wide mounts, titles etc. Removed content shows what char u got them on. Which is a good thing. U knew that char was there back then. I like that system.

Don’t ruin it by making it all account wide. Any guy can roll over your main then, yeah no thanks.

Effort needs to be rewarded on a main.

Stuff like this would make me quit WoW.

2 Likes

They can leave Legacy/FoS achis character-specific, but they should definitely make reps and normal achis account-wide.

2 Likes

Totally againts this idea because I want to know if I have completed or not an achievement with any character, I don’t just want to know if I have completed the achievement in my account. Making all achievements account bound would mean to delete character achievements I am totally againts it.

A good option could be to let us choose in a UI option if we want to see account achievements or character achievements, that means let the game internally to keep track of both character and account achievements and let the player choose wich one he want to see in their UI, account, character or both.

With that option you could choose to show only account and then you won’t see the part in the UI were it said wich character has completed the achievement, and also when playing with other characters you won’t have any popup message of unlocked achievements for that character that you already unlocked in your account. I would instead select character achievement in my main so I won’t see any achievement I have completed with any alters but not with my main, in my alters I would just show both because I don’t care about my alters.

So you’re ok with having meta achievements accoutn wide but not the multiple individual achievements taken for them? Makes no sense what so ever. I have Explorer of Eastern Kingdoms on my Monk but haven’t explored a sinlge area.

This is exactly it! :slight_smile:

It makes perfect sense to me. Having the meta-achievement without any individual achievement means that you, the player, have explored the whole continent but your monk character has not explored a single area.

Also, meta-achievements is ok to have it as account-wide only because it allows people to earn the meta doing individual achievements with different characters, and at the same time making meta-achievements account-wide does not make you lose information about what you have done with each individual characters because with just individual achievement it is enough. In your example does not matter if Explorer of Eastern Kingdoms is account-wide, character-wide, or even not exist, you are able to tell if your monk has explored the whole Eastern Kingdoms by looking to each area achievement.

Also, you are wrong about your monk, your monk or any other of your characters does not have Explorer of Eastern Kingdoms or any other meta-achievements, those achievements are account-wide only, that means the achievement belongs to your account and not to any of your individual characters.

It is simple. I want to have achievements that give me information of what my account has done and what my characters has done. With the current achievement system I have exactly this. If you just want to only see account information the solution should be an UI optioin to hide character information so you can select it and pretend character achievements does not exist.

The UI option is simple, it means to have an option to choose between seeing character achievements, account achievements or both.

If you choose both the achivements will be just like today, no changes.

If you choose account achievements then it will exactly as you want. All achievements will be like meta-achievements, so as long as you have earned the achievement with one character you will see that achievement completed on any character but the current indication that said your current character has not completed it will be removed. Also you wont receive notifications for earning the same achievement in additional characters. So in your monk an achievement that you have completed with your monk and achievement that you have completed with other character will look exactly the same, a achievement that you have complete.

If you choose character achievements then the game will work like now but only meta-achievements and achievements earned by the current character will show as completed. So in your monk an achievement that you have not completed by your monk and achievement that you have completed with other character will look exactly the same, a achievement that you monk has not complete

Personally If I have the option I will choose to show character achievements only in my main and account achievements only in any other character. I don’t care about doing the same achievement again with my alts but I prefer to complete all the achievements I can with my main. I have achievements that I have only completed with alts and those are in my to-do list to complete with my main.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.