Add DESERTER debuff for M+

please add DESERTER debuff for Mythic+

players leave during a Mythic + dungeon , forcing the run to be cancelled due to not having :

• a tank
  • a healer
  • enough dps

there is DESERTER debuff for Looking for Dungeon & Looking for Raid

why not do the same for M+ ?

players take time + energy to make & join a M+ , for someone during the run to just leave

players who leave should be punished , and be penalised for 30 minutes or 1 hour

1 Like

Because Blizzard doesn’t make the groups for us. We make the groups, we can use any requirement we can think of and thus carry the risk completely on our own shoulders. There are simply countless of down-sides of adding a punishment-system to M+.

As long as it stays this way there won’t be a punishment.

1 Like

In the vast majority of cases, the run is dead before the first leave. Why should the leaver be punished then, when others screwed the run first?

If the party fails miserably at interrupting, at killing explosives, or butt-pulls left and right, why should anyone be forced to stay?

There’s a very, very simple solution to avoid having leavers, ever: run with people you trust. You had a good run? Add them to your friend list. Whenever you want to run keys again, ask your friend list first. With a large enough network, you won’t have to bring in randoms from LFD ever again. You still pug, because there’s no fixed team, nor schedule, nor anything like that. You merely have an additional requirement: be on your friend list.

Works remarkably well, although increasingly harder to accomplish on alliance side, as everyone’s flocking to horde. Still doable though, at least for +16 keys and below.

1 Like

Leaver must be punished

Players take time - patience - energy to make / join a Mythic+ dungeon

Because of the leaver , the rest of the group are penalised :

• key is lost and downgraded ( chance to get higher rio is lost )
  • no chance at higher vault reward
  • time is lost and cant be regained
  • fun is lost and cant be regained
  • patience is lost and cant be regained

For example when you do league for Heroes of the Storm , if you :

• leave during the game
  • flame during the game

— > you get banned for few days and need to redo random games to be able to do games you wish to do

same thing needs to be put for World of Warcraft for Mythics+

1 Like

Big nope. It’ll only kill the pugging community. Don’t ask for systems which will cause more damage than it fixes.

World of Warcraft is a MMORPG = Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

You meet tons of players , it is the concept

If you only play with friends or wait for them to show up , it is like playing Single Player , beating the concept of a MMORPG , where you are supposed to meet other ppl

By meeting and playing with other ppl :

• you improve yourself and others too
  • you evoluate and others too
  • you learn new things and them too
  • etc

No one said you should always run with the same 4 people. Your network will grow and change. And playing with at least one person you know and trust makes pugging so much more enjoyable.

Regarding the topic: As Magiola said, it’s your group, so it’s your responsiblility. And it’s probably more an issue of learning who to invite and why than anything that could (or should) to be fixed by Blizzard.

1 Like

So instead of adding good, trustable people to your network, you continue to fish for bad in LFG, and then complain? Okay… you do you, I guess.

I love meeting new people, and a friend network is amazing for that, because friends can bring their friends too, and you add them to your network aswell. It never stops growing, that’s the beauty of it.

It’s easier to improve with people you trust, who are already at a decent level. You’re not going to improve in a group that does 0 interrupts, uses no defensives, and just tries to brute force through mechanics.

Yes, and when they’re good, they go on my friend list.

By not making use of a friend network and trustable people, all you’ll learn is new ways to screw up. I’ll pass, thanks.

I really don’t expect from ppl on M+ improving themself in kicking casts, don’t get hit by something avoidable and knowledge of current affixes.
Those are the main reasons of early wipes and leaving.

No, chance to get higher rio was lost with 3rd stupid wipe before 1st boss.

Yeah, it’s 10 minutes wasted and saved 1,5 hour of wiping and endless pain.

If you bring friends they will stay till the end because of discord talks and fun.
There is just no fun wiping with strangers on basic mechanics.

1 Like

Jesus. This must be trolling. At this point even blind people in caves must have had the idiocy of this idea spelt out to them.

Hate to break it to you but the deserter system in WoW sucks.

All you have to do in order to avoid being labelled a dungeon deserter is participate in a boss kill. That’s it. It doesn’t punish the kind of players who are queuing to farm a specific boss, or who decide after the very first boss kill that the group is bad and doesn’t deserve any further help.

On the other hand, the deserter debuff adds a further punishment to the vote kick system, which is heavily abused by the game’s elitist and incredibly toxic community. If the group decides they don’t like you and initiate a vote kick before reaching the first boss, enjoy a 30 min penalty.

It’s Blizzard basically punishing the player for sucking at the game at this point.

I had a horrible experience back in Warlords of Draenor. As a newly dinged 100 mage, I entered a random heroic, got put into Auchindoun HC and was vote kicked out after just the first two mob pulls. The players I got matched with were a guild premade who deemed my 2K DPS to be absolute dog, flamed me for not doing Hellfire Citadel numbers in an incredibly undertuned heroic dungeon when I asked what their problem was and rudely put me on ignore because they were elitist asses.

I make a complaint to their guild master, sending him a screenshot showing their behaviour towards me and ask for some kind of punishment. I get a reply back from the guild master telling me that I’m mentally handicapped and should go play Call of Duty Single Player instead.

And YOU’RE asking for this system to be put into premade mythic+ dungeons. Hell no.

As a tank I will leave a pug if :

Keyholder abusive behavior(regardless if towards me) : name calling, insulting, tantrum-throwing cuz tank didn’t go his route etc.
Teammate abusive behavior that cannot be mitigated by / ignore: repeated pulling for me, chain pulling for me, basically disrupting my route plan.
Team not knowing & not willing to learn mechanisms; Team not doing mechanisms for whatever reason.
DPS too low to finish a dungeon - upon everyone’s agreement the team will disband.
Real life emergencies, disconnection, hardware malfunction.

Now tell me why do I deserve a deserter buff for leaving in those cases ?
So take your deserter buff and make it into an omelet or something i donno.

1 Like

punishing is the worst game design choice.

this will make it really better.

No it won’t, stop spamming it in every thread please.

1 Like

Under performers should also be punished, cause reasons…

Because of underperformers

I had 2 NW +9 fail before first boss because the team didnt know mechanics, couldn’t DPS and made some terrible mistakes.

The leaders of both keys left.

I added them to ignore and put them on a black list mod. I suggest you do the same.

Just to make it clear: did you blacklist the members of the team who failed, or the leader? Or was the leader among the failers?

I propose a better solution. Somebody needs to make a third-party website and companion addon that would act as a community blacklist. A bit like a reverse-RaiderIO.

How would it work? Should a player be found (following corroborating evidence) to be ninja looting, behaving in a toxic manner, deliberately griefing other players or sabotaging groups and M+ keys, they should be added to a shared community blacklist. The addon would warn players whether a blacklisted player enters their group or guild, explain why they were blacklisted and give players the discretion to alert others or kick that player.

The only two problems I’d see with this is that the players who curate the list should be trusted and rely on evidence that can’t easily be faked. Also, I have a feeling Blizzard would shoot an idea like this down under their Addon policy pretty quick.

Then again, Blizz have turned a blind eye to the likes of Zygor who sells premium levelling addon guides and never stepped in when Nnoggie tried to paywall MDT.

If Blizzard gave one damn about policing the toxic behaviour that is prevalent in their game, an addon like this wouldn’t be necessary to make pugging PvM content less of a dumpster fire.

That’s pretty much wowrep.io. However, as any such tracker - rio included - needs to have an opt-out feature, which renders this reputation tracking quite irrelevant.

Hell yes. Been looking for something like this for so long. May actually give it a download.