Addon Raider.io remove from game

Solo queueing up to 1k rio score can be a quest near impossible.

Why? - Because sadly peoples who finally reached that rio score will look for experienced peoples, and i won’t lie I’m doing the same when forming a group.

So my biggest advice is actually find some peoples who are similar in progression as you are, and team up with them, and then progress together.
Atleast thats how it have worked out for me so far :slight_smile:

Saying that M+ is the only that keeps this game floating is ridiculous, pvp plays a good part too.

What I came here to note however, and as have been said earlier- form a team. That’s the way to progress in an mmo. It’s not a solo player experience- it’s a team effort

I have noticed that raider . io encourages extreme elitism, now I’m not sure what I am supposed to do, I am very experienced in wow, been plying over 10 years, I have 404 ilevel, and almost 1k RIO and yet I’m still being declined from 99% of groups, admittedly not all my runs have been on time, as I spend a lot of time boosting guildies and helping others, but honestly I do feel RIO is ruining the game because I know a lot of decent players, that find it impossible to get into any groups, ‘so make your own group’ I hear you say, which is fine we can do that, but what if I want to farm tol dagor for that trinket, i have to keep doing my key over and over until i get a td key? its ridiculous. I do like RIO in principle, its the players using it that ruin it.

I love RIO. Its the most trustwothy metric in the game. Even though, I am mostly punished by it. For example, just swapped mains, at season switch, and lost reference to my near 1k score. Limited with time, it takes me almost the full season to get to 1k.

But, I get it. I hate playing with the Dregs that can’t figure out what to do, EVEN after you tell them. M+ is a “good time” at +2, but people fail to realize, its “end game”/hardcore content. That means you need to know how to play your class, bring buff items, i.e. drums, foods, flasks, invis pots, everything possible even though they often won’t be used. Chance favors the prepared mind. I almost exclusively play healers (x2 druid,2x holy pala), and appreciate tanks that pull with some alacrity/urgency.

The problem people have with m+ is they want a free ride to loot. In the end, if you want loot, just farm +2s. The m+ activity is not for loot (though that is an adjacent by product), its not the reason to push keys above 2.

Some people just want to finish the highest key possible, for the highest possible chest. That is not the normal goal of m+ (though it could be for 5 Dregs). I have started to develop the mindset, if the key will not be in time, the group should just disband. It could be worthwhile for " learning," but that is only if 4-5 members would benefit from that, and those that don’t have the time to burn.

Edit: I almost like the original system better, where if you fail the time, there is no loot at the end of the dungeon.

Let’s be honest you shi tter :stuck_out_tongue: we pugged tanks and healers to 1500 …

@OP The great thing about being group leader is I can choose what ever invite criteria i want … maybe i just want night elfs … or DH DPS … (Ok, i dont want more DH’s … already have Nitan >_> )

@Yowzer Since youre not aware, whenever you put up a +10 Key there are about 30 DPS signing up … So why should i take you when there are 5 other people with higher ilvl, and classes with more utility? that’s not RIOs fault.

Yes Agreed, but that does not mean they are better players, in legion I was timing 15 keys no problem, and i know a lot of people who can easily complete high keys in time, but are not able too, due to being declined. Not everyone has time to farm RIO score, this does not mean they are bad players. The system is flawed and needs refining in my opinion.

Yes, and i raided hardcore in Vanilla, so Method should clearly invite me to their guild… That’s basically what you’re saying with your legion score.

What we did in legions means nothing now. And if you don’t like to be declined, make your own grp and use your own criteria… Im sure you’ll take the ilvl 400 Spriest with 0 RIO ahead of the Spriest with ilvl 400 and 1500 RIO …

@Maliky You’re missing the point… I do have a decent score and decent gear and experience, i know what to do and I do good damage but yet I still get declined. I know I’m not the top player, or method w/e, but i do believe myself to be above average and fairly decent at this game, as do a huge chunk of the community who are also in my position. Raider io is alienating most of these players, and catering only for the elitist minority. The reason I mentioned legion is because that was before RIO existed and the system was working just fine then.

(Ghimrizz) #16

Well unfortunately all these discussions sort of boils down to “get some friends”. Finding a group as a dps trought dungeon tools a real bother unless your the F.o.t.m. dps class. Proving yourself to a smaler crowd are way easier then the whole EU.

Even with the greatest score and being a f.o.t.m. class it won’t really guarantee a group since there is like 20-30 dps signing up for +10 and beyond, within seconds. Given that theres three spots well 20+ dps will be declined and probably 10 or more so with 1k rio score. This is just reality rio or not…

because you play dps. If I open my group as a tank, I get 500 dds apply to my group instant…
Usually I don’t invite warlocks, because there are better classes for certain m+ dungeons.
With my druid tank I also get often declined for everything above +9 because people think guardians suck.
The solution for you is to push your own key and form the group by yourself.

Rio and ilvl are just indicators, but I also had groups where everyone had 1,2k+ and were just terrible players and had no team work.
Sometimes players get carried by others to their rio score.
Often in groups there is one not so great player, but yet you can still time a +10 and he gets the score. So at the end of the day the player has a high score but is still garbage. 1k score doesn’t mean much, I guess when you reach the score that you get from running +13 or higher, this chance will be slimmer

It is flawed, but its the best we got.

Can you imagine trying to complete a +7 with randoms, with the only metric is gear?

Two weeks later, you would be the first one back here complaining, we need a system that tracks completed m+ runs (e.g. RIO).

When making the group yourself, works pretty well usually. When joining an already formed group, it usually sucks pretty bad.

Anyways, as I read here; RIO is not the issue. The class balance/usefulness in M+ is. I rarely pick a warlock either, terrible experiences with them (horrible dps mostly without using the right utilities).

You might be on to something there with the warlocks. The ones I have come across are Terrible! Not only in dps output, but simply bad players (don’t know what to do).

(Aezar) #21

Lets see, there is a reason why I haven’t touched my warlock after legion…

Imagine this: You play the class that has the LEAST utility in dungeons. Do you still expect people to play with you enough for you to learn the encounters? No?
But hey what about guild groups if PUGs don’t work? What about them? You need CC for high keys, hey warlock please cast fear to that annoying spellcaster?

No just no, Blizzard has finally made warlocks only fit to dispense stones and receive backstabbing from rogues of opposing faction. All tools warlocks have are
unusable in dungeon setting, a shame.

Yeah, you got a point.

I remember when warlocks brought SO MUCH. Fear was usable, because in many places (dungeons), there was space. Not like the current BfA outhouse size (and quality) dungeons.

Banish was also very useful, as there were many elementals.

I remember dungeon boss encounters where a warlock could banish one add, fear a second, and throw a tanking pet on a third.

Now? Pet will get one shot, nothing to banish, and fear will either break on some random cleave dmg, or pull a whole other pack.

Rio is just a way of showing your m+ experience. How long has there been addons that show raid progress? Its exactly the same thing.

Even players with good scores get rejected from groups because the odds are against you. You can get a huge list of people applying for that last dps spot, they’re not rejecting you they’re just choosing another player.

Also locks make up for it by being first choice for raids.

(Scarlyss) #25

That’s not what elitism is, and being declined when you have 1k doesn’t mean anything. What level are you applying for? What other classes signed up? What ilvl did they have?

I’ve had very little problem finding 10 keys on my rogue, even when he was 390.

You can link your alts to your main. If you check my alt it actually links back to this warrior, so you didn’t even have to lose reference. https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Pikyou

No it wasn’t, it was crap trying to pug a group when you didn’t know the other people’s skill level Most people would just ask for Keystone Conqueror and that’s very little info to go on.

Make your own groups if you don’t want to use rio.

i got my rio up to 1.3k in enh spec, with only doing 2/3 dung per week, so anyone in any spec can get 1k rio and do their +10 weekly dung, youre just too lazy to up you rio that’s all
dont try to make rio addon/website responsible for your lack of motivation or skill

This is mean. Its visible from the space, that you are one of thoose “elitist” players. What i find odd, is that although u have almost 2k Rio score, you have 0 logs. You have low progress on Raids, wich doesnt make sense, because usually high Rio score players, have high raid progress (usually players above 1,5k Rio have progress at least full HC and the first 4-5 bosses on Mythic) and you didnt even killed Jaina on HC. That makes me think that some of thoose “succesfull” m+ and raids done, where boosts. But anyway, you are a mystery and a mean/evil and idiot person.

Sadly its not m+ that is keeping the game alive. The “noobs” , thoose players that you hate most,thoose “noobs” that dont know what to do in a m+ dungeon, but you know, because you are a elite player, represent almost 90% of the total subscribers on this game. So you should thank them, because of them you can “expose” your elite skills and “spit” on noobs.
M+ is the most booring and repetitive feature in this game. If you haved the pacience to scroll and watch the rankings on RaiderIO site (it took me almost 45-50 min, but i was curious), you will see that out of 8,8 milions players that are ranked on the site, only 400-500k players finished keys +10 or above. That is around 7-8% out of total. Total of all WoW realms : NA, Europe, Asia. Why i talk about keys above +10? Because +10 is the separation between “elites” and “noobs”.
So then the question is : if only 8% of total players do high m+ content, what does the rest do and who keps the game going atm? Thoose “noobs” that pay subscription to do pet battles? Thoose “noobs” that pay subcription for world PVP? Thoose “noobs” that pay subcription for PVP (arenas and battlegrounds)? Who? Because in any way you look it, its not the mythic+ players. If all players that would do m+ content would remain and all the rest would quit game, Blizzard would shut down WoW in 1 day, because they wouldnt keep the game running only for 500k players, divided in all regions (that would be around 160-170k per region).

You talk about experience? You didnt even killed Meka and Jaina on HC and you pretend to be a pro player? I would be ashamed to talk with people like that. Even me , a “noob” , i have better progress on raids. And you consider yourself a pro , just because you have 2k Rio score? Learn to be kind and humble, dont be a retard that pretends to be the centre of the universe. You are just a sad little kiddo, that repeats all day the same thing and pretend himself that you are something.

Now on-topic: I think RaiderIO is good addon, but its missing something: a tracker to distinguish between good players and boosted players. What they could do (RaiderIO devs), they could make a link between Rio addon and any dmg meter addon (skada,details,recount,etc) to work both addons together, and at the end Rio to remember your total dmg done and the average dps done in that dungeon. This way, when you would look another player, you would see on the tooltip the score, wich dungeons he did highest and his dmg. Knowing the dmg would make visible to all to distinguish if that player has the score made by himself or by boost.
Even if i am not a “pro-dps” or “elite” player, i agree that certain content should be denied to people that dont have the skills (ex: m+ above 10+ for example). You have skills? Good, then you deserve your score. You dont have skills? Np, resume to the content on wich you have skill and go on with your life. This, i think is the most fair atitude towards this topic.

(Brodanyo) #28

I’ll give you pro tip why people don’t take you for M+ dungs and why I wouldn’t take you either for some affixes. Destruction is amazing spec but for PvP, raiding as it bases on single target or two targets cleave damage (Havoc). In mythic+ people expect you to do aoe damage that’s why Outlaw is go to spec for rogues, Unholy is for DK and Ele is for Shaman. For Warlock go to spec is Demo and this won’t change ever as almost every Demo spell deals aoe damage. Demo has insane AoE while he also has good (not the best) single target damage. If you are a good warlock you can gather some Demo azerite pieces and trust me with 10 ilvl less people will be more likely to take you for any M+ dungeons. You can say “I don’t like Demo. I’m destro and I’ll play M+ as destro” but in such situation I’ll probably take someone else with better spec.