[ADRP] What do you think is wrong Blood Elf RP

To be fair, there are portions of Horde roleplay that actively drive blood elf roleplayers away. There have, historically, been guilds that dived out of campaigns because they didn’t want to roleplay with blood elves.

And I think the opposite to you in regards to who thinks they’re superior roleplayers. It’s easily seen on the forums, but there’s the idea that the uglier the race you play on the Horde = the better your roleplay. While conveniently brushing femboy trolls going into heat and orcish clan leaders talking about what they do with their “mate” under a rug.

It does and has gotten pretty standoffish at times.

Edit: my point is that a what plagues the blood elf scene isn’t unique to itself (not that thag is a defence).

7 Likes

I actively roleplay a blood elf, perhaps maybe more than you roleplay Aerilen, given how busy you are.

I don’t know what puts elves off from campaigns, I do recall the warhost isolating itself in western plaguelands during the undercity attack for whatever reason.

I can say that yes, Belves often think they’re superior roleplayers, hence the community scoffing them off. When really they rp like the rest of us, for the most part.

2 Likes

More than me these days, i haven’t logged on in a long while and i’m patiently waiting my sub to clock off so I can be a free man.

BFA killed me.

2 Likes

Hehe Yeah no, I’m not going away. Although Telia is getting close to not a kid age.

I can tell you, if you’re still interested in roleplay, you just got to find the guild that suits you.

I obviously main Blithere, but whenever I log onto my Highblood MyrmidonsTM character for even an hour, I have the time of my life.

Simply because of the great officering and abundant amount of on-going storylines that flourish in a strong community where everyone can get involved. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well I don’t think I’ve ever RP’d with you (or this character?) so I can’t make a comment on personal level.

But please don’t ask for hugs, I don’t like kids, my character doesn’t like kids either. :confused: (wow much self insert)

Erp and 24/7 romance rp is what’s wrong with belf rp… but luckily there’s a really epic guild called the Highblood Myrmidons that doesn’t allow relationships ic between members, and erp is strictly forbidden :sunglasses:

10 Likes

that is absolutely based

1 Like

Blood Elf RP just has a bunch of negative stigmas attached to it, unfortunately. If I asked you to imagine Silvermoon (Or worse, the Bazaar) roleplay - I can guarantee we’re all thinking pretty much the exact same thing.

2 Likes

I was just reminded, speaking in [Thalassian] when around other races is also why elves get a bad reputation. There is an add-on that allows you to keep the brackets and still speak in orcish. Ideal for that lone orc near the campfire who just wants to read your roleplay, or who might know a bit of broken thalassian!

Come on guys, stop isolating yourselves.

10 Likes

That’s pretty fun practice in general, especially when using your race language to insult someone who doesn’t understand.

Blood Elves that don’t adhere to the Blood Elf bodytypes.
Don’t you have (or had) one such Blood Elf in your guild?
A priest that’s a “fat” blood elf. Disgusting, not because fat people but because making an elf fat just to be different is stupid.
Elves don’t get fat. Prove me otherwise.
Also hate those hypersexualized belves who have HUGE teats and HUGE hips, there’s some weird types out there with weird art like that.

6 Likes

Don’t you dare to come for my CURVY HOURGLASS belves with golden ORBS that’s checking you out secretly!

Tbh I am kinda guilty of the ART crime, I like drawing big tetas, so my belf arts end up with much less slim-type bodies than how I write on my TRP.

6 Likes

Prefect Elyrius? Is he here?

3 Likes

Just googled “fat blood elf” out of curiosity to see what you were talking about.

I am changed forever.

3 Likes

I’m always here

I also have no clue what you mean, sorry bros :eyes:

1 Like

Belf RP might spread out a bit more if, 1) Blizz would make Quel’thelas not an isolated TBC relic and repair the freaking Scource damage already.
2) if Horde aesthetic moved beyond “everything is spike-huts or blighted ruins” :stuck_out_tongue:

Much like how Alliance side is cursed with ‘all building are, of course, Human’, despite the fact Gnomes likely have quick-assembly gadgets and Nelves can literally just grow a base in the space of a few days…

I want an HD Silvermoon City, dangit ;_;

3 Likes

The biggest problem with blood elf RP is that we don’t have a revamped, HD version of Silvermoon City and perhaps even Eversong Woods. They should’ve fixed the other half of the city by now, you know.

9 Likes

Whilst I share your want to get a new cool shiny Sillyspoon

and yours… I fail so see how it would improve RP or even bring back life into RP beyond the initial honeymoon phase where everyone is discovering this slightly re-textured city, but ultimately hovering above the Farstrider training square.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the quickest fix is to just add those zones to the Real World so you can fly around like a rlly cool guy.

3 Likes