[ADRP] What do you think is wrong Blood Elf RP

Silvermoon can have it’s update when Thunder Bluff gets lifts that don’t magically levitate for no reason and actually have a pully mechanism like Highmountain.

11 Likes

Yeah okay that’s fair

Nobody goes to Thunder Bluff, and who uses the stupid lift either way?

2 Likes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3 Likes

Put that table right back, Mister Lady!

…Or I’ll send you right to Goldshire, tied up.

1 Like

Uh oh, that sounds like hidden insecurities… then again romance is like the blood elf population after The third war… 90% is poorly executed.

3 Likes

yeah we had a fat belf in our guild once, idk if there is any lore that says if elves can’t get fat tbh. Not something i bothered looking into, but it was not “so fat she can’t run” or anything :man_shrugging:

I doubt there’s any source saying anything of the sort. This being said, being almost unreasonably attractive and fit is generally the elf race in a nutshell, and across various fantasy settings as well. It’d probably be less jarring if Kael’thas or Legolas had a beer gut, but you get the idea.

1 Like

Romance usually spawns drama, isolates people from roleplay. The thing is most romance roleplay lasts not very long and it’s very different from High school romance.
I think the only way to execute it without having some mysterious wierd divorce/break-up most likely due to ooc reasons, is to have one go on to be a widow by losing their husband/wife.

Members can romance non-members I believe, but they don’t so it’s not actually a problem…

1 Like

Personally, they also struggle with being unapproachable.

I’ve alluded to it in a previous post, but even in hubs, they’re all gathered in impenetrable huddles, speaking nothing but [Thalassian]. Although I understand it may be partly due to IC xenophobia, it just doesn’t feel great when you approach group after group, only to be blanked while they continue to chat away in their native tongue. I genuinely get the impression that they don’t want to roleplay with those that aren’t blood elves. I approach and interact with everyone, but elves are the only ones that consistently ignore my character’s existence, no matter how hard I try. After all these years, I’ve barely had any memorable encounters with them.

It’s the same in campaigns, too. When a non-belf guild is placed into a belf-heavy group, they’re often completely left behind. It happened to me twice- the belf commander and his officers refused to speak anything other than Thalassian, which often excluded our trolls from the evening’s activities.

I don’t play a blood elf, so I admittedly know little about what actually goes on inside the community. However, things just feel so unwelcoming and closed-off as an outsider that I’ve never felt inclined to give blood elf roleplay a serious attempt!

16 Likes

Chasing the white hawkstrider is the best euphemism ever.

What’s wrong with blood elves? Headcanon (Magisterium, Spire etc), egos made of eggshells, OOC politics and other such things where the details thereof would not ony lead to bans but OOC harassment. The worst of such get extra wiggle room and liberties to pursue already dubious things with private chatrooms.

Besides, social isolation is a self inflicted wound and a common cause of death for a RP server.

3 Likes

Seems pretty accurate, the only times i been able to find rp among elves is if i happen to know some of the people within the groups. Don’t remember it happening often (or at all tbh) that i have started talking with an elf group where i did not know anyone. Simply because they just… well… don’t get any reactions.

2 Likes

The only speaking Thalassian problem is something I have noticed as well when I tried to bring non-belf characters in Quel’thalas. (It was Albanne if I recall.)

1 Like

This saves me the time it would take to repeat the same points.

The language thing is really annoying, but its not Thalassian that is the major problem that I have found, its Zandali. “Stop IT! Mostof us have been fighting your people for decades, we have picked up the language!” Or even worse, Gutterspeak. "For Goodness sake, are you seriously pretending you magically learned a new language upon the instant of your death. I mean are you saying that happened? You wonder why people have trouble taking you seriously. Right, you still should be able to talk human, right? That’s what we call Common. If Blizzard weren’t so scared of PvP’ers we’d all be doing that. So just…talk…the language you grew up with! I know, crazy right? Also delete Jaina, Khadgar, Medivh and human Mages, they are impossible by Lore. Anyway. Its got problems, Blood Elf RP, but it has the same problems as -EVERY- race’s RP. Yes Blithere, even Forsaken.

ERP is bad folks, can you stop coming to do it at Eversong Forest, That’s…not OK. I don’t want to see your ‘Embalming Fluid’ spraying on someone. I appreciate you don’t have Undercity anymore, but seriously, there is -somewhere- where the undead could, aheh, knock bones.

Troll Children are not cute. They’re vermin. Don’t wander into Silvermoon unattended, that’s like…crazy!

Walking in as an Orc “Hmmn, Garithos was right!” “About what?” “You Elves should have been purged” “You have…just walked through the city gates…I am literally the first person you have talked to” “Yes, but Garithos was Right!” “Ok, in what way?” “Hnnnngh, I don’t know! I challenge you to Mak’Gora!” “O…kay…”

Actually, that’s the problem. Its people coming and going “I want to play a racist, but I know I won’t get away with this in Orgrimm-waitaminute! I can do this inSilvermoon!”

Yeah. Please don’t.

Silvermoon is not a repository for fragile egos, or for you to come and indulge your post mortem kink (I don’t care how famous your guild is or influential they think they are, it is still disgusting) . Its not a little dollyhouse for you to play around in. Just Roleplay.

Actually, that’s what is wrong with Blood Elf RP.
All the damned people who rock up as tourists.
Come with a reason, or don’t bother, don’t turn up to cause a problem that you then complain about,yeah?

6 Likes

Well, thing is, nobody really cares what you want to see, they’ll do as they please.
Same goes for anything, it doesn’t matter what some people want, they don’t decide what others can and cant do, whatever it is.

And I hate ERP as much as the next guy.

I’m like 5% sure that’s lore as it is right now, Brigsy. Maybe even 6%. Are you trying to say that anyone RPing with Gutterspeak is breaking lore?

You mean Orcish? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What.

More like a sacred tomb, its deified inhabitants lovingly embalmed into unchanging stasis for millennia to come, untouched by the outside world.

And that attitude is part of why people don’t like RPing with blood elves. The issue was what’s wrong with the elves, not the insolent savages who dare to exist in their presence.

15 Likes

/thread

34 Likes

He’s talking about the ‘language barrier’. Which we know is a meta-construct because PVPers couldn’t be trusted not to be toxic-potty-mouths :slight_smile: Otherwise, lore wise, everyone should speak Common. That’s why it’s called Common. But we have to work with what we’re given. At least we have the language potions as a stopgap.

Not sure what example you’re trying to cite, or if that’s just a sarcastic swipe/jab? Personally I’ve seen plenty of Belf characters who have varied and interesting, wider world backstories. Much more so than humans, where a worryingly large percentage seem to act like ‘Teh Nerth’ never stopped being a thing.
And lets seriously not mention Scarlet Crusaders, hm? :stuck_out_tongue:

Except he’s not totally wrong? Silvermoon, from what we know of the background, isn’t Orgrimmar (i.e. a melting pot of Horde races) and is quite insular, still. I mean, it’s only the cherished and still-scarred home of the remnants of a people, so… not that surprising?

1 Like