Afflicted is trash pls delete it

Title.

Forcing people to play specific classes in dungeons and having to watch your back 24/7
because this bastards spawn BEHIND YOU while also healing (staring at healthbars) and doing mechanics is annoying to say the least.

Remove the affix and start implementing bonus/malus type of affixes like Thundering but well designed.

17 Likes

If you are struggling to notice the affix this WA is quite good

https://wago.io/S2Affixes

7 Likes

It’s hard for sure.

I have been in 9 runs +18 +19 and all disband after the first 3 trash pack i might not get a M+ Vault this week.

And i will not blame healers this is a bad design affix.

2 Likes

I already have a weak aura and it changes nothing. I still have to turn around my camera, find the bastard hidding behind the corner, mouseover my dispell if it’s not already on CD (because you know, enemies put debuffs as well) and then turn back just to realize my allies are dead because I stopped healing for 5 seconds.

The issues are:

1. Forces me to use my only dispell on the stupid phantom, therefore I can’t use it on allies, which means their will either die or force me to use cooldowns.

2. Forces me to switch the camera around, which is TERRIBLE when you need to deal with any other mechanics like lasers, rocks, etc that are being thrown at you.

3. They are still keeping this garbage idea of affixes that are only negative. They have to implement bonus/malus type of affixes to make them entertaining rather than annoying.

4. Forces specific team compositions, classes like Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, etc are not wanted. You have to stack dispell classes otherwise it’s a deplete because the healer won’t be able to keep everyone alive if you force him to turn around the camera, stop healing and make him waste the dispell.

6 Likes

I’d prefer explosive back, at least every class and spec can deal with those. Still, this week is chill mode compared to last week.

The only semi-reliable way I’ve found to deal with this so far, as a Beast Master that cannot do anything against them, is to list my own keys (at the lowish +11 level), and specifically recruit DPS players with classes than can dispell that Aflliction affix.

The tank will have a lot to do already, the healer will have his hands full with keeping the tank alive and sometimes topping off another player, so it should be the two other DPS in the team that dispell than thing.

Yes, we will lose around 3 seconds of damage, but we WON’T get that horribly nasty -100% Haste on a Fortified week.

This week is particularly nasty with Fortified on top, but either way, that Affliction is forcing us (well, mostly me) to forego my usual PUGin’ and try (mostly unsuccessfully) to find players willing to stop playing the Damage Meter to actually counter that horrifically potent threat !

Finally, I agree that forcing specific team composition on top of already hard-ish content is, to say the least, a very bad move that leaves a good third of the player base out of the game.

I’ve played now-defunct MMOs that implemented those kinds of mechanics, and they are now defunct because those mechanics were never adressed properly.

I know form personnal experience that Blizzard is different and actually listens to feedback (heck, on the first day of that Affix being there, they already hotfixed it so at least Warriors could dispell that debuff), but it’s still a week where I won’t be able to make any progress, and that’s IF I can actually get accepted in a team with a class/spec that already suffers from a negative reputation AND cannot contribute to dispelling the worst possible Affix I’ve ever seen.

My only issue with it is the targeting of mouseover spells. The model is sometimes blocked by ads or nameplates and it’s nameplate seems to have invisible gaps so sometimes it shows the sword icon even though I’m clearly hovering over it’s HP/cast bar. Especially on fights with large enemies like uldaman last boss.

2 Likes

I noticed that their “monster bars” show green as in “Friendly Player” with my Plater addon, maybe using the built-in “target ally” keybind shortcut to select them quickly and cast the needed dispell on it ?

I use the Function keys for members of my team and myself (F1 to F5), so I think it should be possible to target those Afflicted mobs quickly, or maybe even make a targeting+casting macro just for them ?

But still, that effect is more dangerous than everything in M+ dungeons I’ve seen so far (and keep in my my highest keystone was a +14, so I’m a noob), the -100% Haste for 10 seconds with a range of 60 yards and not always possible to get out of line-of-sight kills whole teams even in low-ish keystones.

I think that, at the minimum, it should be reworked to allow more than 7 classes to actually do something about it (with the Evoker being the only class able to dispell all three different Afflictions), or scrapped completely and something else put in place where every class has a slight chance of actually being able to play.

Plater cannot modify the plates of those ads, that’s why we need to disable “hide blizzard nameplates”, so it can show their original ones.
They count as totems so you cannot target them with macros, just by clicking them or mouseover binds.

1 Like

Ah, thank you, I learned two things with your reply.

My main character (this one) has nothing in it’s toolkit to counter that Affix, but now I understand WHY I’ve been slowed to death so many times … it really must be a royal pain in the unmentionnables for the poor people that can actually do something about them !

I still think the “dispelling the affliction” part should fall on a DPS class rather than the Tank or the Healer, even more so with Fortified … so that would mean 2 Devastation Evokers in every group, with the primary task of dispelling first and DPS’ing after that.

Sooo much pain, sadness and general lack of fun with this Affix !

Yep, it’s basically a fight against the UI. It’s ridiculous that in 2023 we’re still fighting against the UI in games.

1 Like

You can always do +11 if +19 is to hard for you :slight_smile: That the beuty of m+ :wink:

1 Like

It’s not a problem for me, it’s for the healers.

1 Like

To be honest I’m finally pushing my score, unlike last week. This week is so easy it feels like it’s free. Plus a WA tells me when they spawn and if I’m not struggling I can help too.

1 Like

I will.

Had healer claim he could not dispel them, he had not specced into it.

I’m honestly at the point where having a healer do the affix leaves me in a state of shock.

In a perfect scenario healers could do the affix but as i have seen in pugs (i’m a pugger) most ppl take huge amount of damage that can and should be avoided so this why it stress out the healers most and also keep me from main my beloved resto Shaman.

2 Likes

I am not sure if it is still a thing, or if it is viable to do so, but in previous expansions BM had the option to off-heal once every 30 seconds if you were using an exotic spirit beast like Hati.

The question is how effective that healing is. In BFA is was stupid strong, while in SL it felt borderline useless. If Afflicted spawn in close proximity to your pets it can be an alternative to use, if the healing on it is decent.

Perhaps what they can do is they can make it so that offensive dispels work on them, along with them having magic effects that need dispeling. That would allow hunters and warlocks to interract with the affix atleast. For warriors they can include an immunity effect that they can use Shattering Throw on.

I am not sure on DKs.

Well, yes, maybe.

In a typical PUG with people that don’t know each other (and mostly don’t care about mechanics), the Tank and Healer roles are already under of lot of pressure, more so with the Fortified affix this week.

So forcing a Healer or Tank Paladin to get out of their already very busy gameplay to Dispell those things, IF they can (three different Afflictions, Poison, Disease and Curse, the only class that can dispell all three is the Evoker) is dangerous : either the Palatank will have to move the fight out of the best spot to use a dispell (Poison or Disease), or the Healer will risk missing a crucial heal for said Dispell.

And if the Tank is not a Paladin, that puts even more pressure on the Healer, so I really think that some DPS classes should do a bit about those Afflictions, to make runs go smoother.

I can do 60% of the affix but when I need to pull 130k HPS on Worm boss i simply have dispell on CD to dispell toxins or need to heal the crap out of my soul

2 Likes

This. I bricked a few keys on reset day, because people didn’t know how to approach the new affix. Now a few days later, I 2 chested a +19 UR, almost 2 chested a +19 FH, and missed a 2 chest +18 VP by literally 1 second. People got used to it, and it’s not such a monstrosity as people are making it out to be.

Way easier than previous week for sure. Even if the cast goes off, it’s not so punishing. I’ll take this crap over incorporeal all day long.

The only think I don’t find fair, is that I actually have to decline really good players, that are unable to cope with the affix. It’s mandatory to invite a boomkin / mage / paladin / SP next to the healer, to make it trivial tbh.

2 Likes