Affliction Warlock UNFUN has to stop… and here is how

Good day to you, fellow affliction warlock!

I am a rather mediocre player, who started to play affliction warlock in DF. I’ve been playing on retail since Shadowlands (ugh), and also played in classic. Currently 7/8 on heroic and 2/8 on mythic, 0 RIO score, 0 PVP rank.

So I’m NOT an expert in this game, neither in this class/spec. But! I do have an opinion.

And my opinion is: affliction warlock is not fun to play.

So I came up with my own ideas on the affliction tree.

I’m not doing numbers tuning here, this is a concept.

Sow the Seeds - remove the talent and add its effect into Seed of Corruption (I doubt anyone uses one without another)

Harvester of Souls - add a chance to generate a shard when it procs (it’s so weak, shard generation would justify its existence)

Agonizing Corruption - 1 rank, Corruption now also applies Agony, and Agony deals its damage over 14 sec (same as Corruption)

Seed of Corruption - heavily reduce damage from explosion, so that it is only used to apply Agony and Corruption in AOE (yes, Malefic Rapture should become main AOE spender now)

Vile Taint - no longer applies Agony (due to the change to Agonizing Corruption above)

Absolute Corruption - remove the talent

Siphon Life - passive DoT effect, that is applied by Drain Life, damage is proportional to the Drain Life that was used (synergy with Inevitable Demise)

Haunt - move into the middle of the tree

Soul Swap - no CD! Should be right beneath the Haunt in a tree, makes Haunt travel to a new target, moving all DoTs (including Phantom Singularity, Soul Rot and all), leaving only Corruption and Agony behind

This one is biggy:
Malefic Affliction - each time Malefic Rapture deals damage to a target with the Unstable Affliction it has 5/10% (stacking up to 10 times per Malefic Rapture cast) chance to be dispelled and deal the dispel-damage

Dread Touch - a new spell with ~30 sec CD that instantly “dispels” Unstable Affliction

Tormented Crescendo - instead of making Malefic Rapture instant has a chance to reset the CD of the new Dread Touch

Doom Blossom - when Unstable Affliction is “dispelled” it deals damage evenly split in AOE

Summon Darkglare - I’d remove the entire talent hierarchy - it’s such an underwhelming CD. Or maybe steal Summon Infernal from the destruction tree.

Soul Rot - add Drain Soul along with Drain Life to its effect

Overall, I’d add some flat damage talents in the middle section, while removing Darkglare, to be able to pick more cool talents in the bottom section. And I understand that I reduce the overall number of talents to pick from, but - again - some new generic ones can be added here and there.

And the last one here - warlocks mobility.

I’d add 1 more charge to Demonic Circle: Teleport and make it leave a portal in the spot where it was cast, so that I can teleport back, while still having a second spell to put a portal where I want.

I could’ve asked you to leave constructive feedback and don’t judge me, but I know you would anyway.

Thank you for reading this far.

If people like it - I hope Blizz would be able to read this thread and bring those changes live. At least ones that would receive good feedback.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.