Alchemy, Basic Phial Experimentation fails every time

Has anyone faced problem with Alchemy and Basic Phial Experimentation? After learning some recipes it started failing constantly: I’ve tried it 4 times in a row (with 4h cooldown) and it failed every single time. It seems to be bugged or smth. Alchecmy lvl is 46.

7 Likes

Now its’s 5 times in a row.

2 Likes

i don’t fail every time.
but i also don’t unlock anything anymore.

reading a bit more about this topic and it’s always the same: people unlocked a few recipes (mostly i read about 2 unlocks) before being unable to unlock anything anymore.

it wont explode everytime.
but i also don’t unlock anything and i could probably experiment 24/7 without getting something new.
tho as soon as i exploded once i WILL explode again 100% the next try if i reset with liquid courage!

i expect that this is a bug and maybe a certain unlocked recipe makes it bugged.
right now i’m only waiting for the CD to run out just to get it again without unlocking something new…

2 Likes

got 5 blows in a row as well… WTF, 5 times

3 Likes

I’ve tested it on two separate characters

Around 4-5 recipes unlocked through experimenation, without failure. After that failing every time (already over 6-7 times in a row)

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem. Discovered a couple of recipies in the beginning but now it has failed 5 times in a row.

3 Likes

2 days in a row now every single attempt results in blow up and 4 hour cd. Used 4 items to remove the cd yesterday, still failed everytime. It feels like we are getting punished from people abusing the system when it was bugged and they have went way too far and reduced the chance of success way too much.

I have tried both Phial and Potion experiment, same result. Alchemy is the worst thing in the game right now, frustrating as hell

6 Likes

Can’t agree more with what you are saying. I have experienced the same thing. I do not think this is balanced correctly.

Is there any possibility that we get a Blue post about this, to know if they are fixing this or that they mean for the profession to be tedious as hell.

I have been @ it for a while now, got first try instant explosion 8x in a row now. Seeing others next to me doing 4-8 runs on experimentation without problems. (i have several knowledge points into experimentation doesnt help at all). 8x in a row to me cant just be RNG they shouldve made some increase % succes with each explosion.

I really just wana know now if they are gonna fix it or i should just give up on the profession.

1 Like

I got the same issue, unlocked 5 recipes and after stat every single one was a fail… I m currently on a 10 failing streak…

1 Like

They locked basically all good recipes behind a system that is purely luck based AND routinely locks you out for hours at a time. Fun. Failed 4/4 in a row now also.

in a way yes… but also no… once u hit advance experimentation u only get a 2 hour debuf… and the best recipes are not really locked behind eperimenting… the best potion for raiding the Elemental potion of ultimate power… comes from the raid anyway so we cant get it atm. gues the flaks… kinda… are locked but diferent dps use diferent flasks…

Guys… i have ADVANCED experimentations and it still huge RNG, but sometime I can press this butten 5-15 times BUT NOTHING DISCOVERS. I have discovered many more with Basics but this ADVANCED is designed to bring more Chance to discover something new… WHERE ARE MY NEW POTION RECEPIES - i v just brought 20 Points into Advanced Experiments Potion true and cant profit from it? Blizzard? I would have done the 20 better in 3rd Tree to craft more/cheaper/faster reagents then this rng Chaos every 2 hours… So bad designed…

2 Likes

This is an option for people who teched towards this ability, but as you cannot reroll the knowledge and also that the knowledge available is weekly capped, everyone else is out of luck and stuck with 4 hour lockouts which seem to happen very very frequently. I’m ditching Alchemy, in its current form its a complete mess which is a shame because I have run it for several expansions and I like to have the ability to empower myself through my own creations, but if I am at the behest of a system that is purely random and time-locked to get my recipes, I’m just not interested.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue…

Failed Experimentation streak since ~2 days - tried both Phial and Potion Experimenetation.

I hope this is some kind of bug that is getting attention soon and not intended design.

I kind of like the Profession redesign but this particular part of it is just frustrating…

2 Likes

still no bluepost about this ? experimenting is not fun at all

This is why Experimentation node is a viable option.

My opinion: Experimentation is super fun, neither me nor my friends had issues with it, even though I had several fails in a row, I got all recipes I need (potions, not phials). Just take it easier.

P.S. Maybe blizz just should add guaranteed success after ~3 fails.

FFS 8 fails in a row… who decided this was a good system? Can you PLEASE just make it a 30 minute cooldown or either 1hr. 4hr cooldown is rediculus… I don’t understand how this was not picked up as an issue on the beta.

So after days of being stuck with fail after fail and 4h waiting I finally find an object in the world that gioves me 3 point and I get Advanced Phial Experimentation.

It’s orange and new and I use the best crafting material for it to increase my odds … and boom!

‘Only’ a 2 hour cooldown on advanced, but still … send the braindead dev that came up with RNG on RNG on CD to the IRS, he’ll fit in much better than as a game developer, he has no idea what fun is.

7 times in a row. was in CD for 2.5 days. very frustrating.

1 Like