All anti-RDF arguments are outdated

Yes but since the reality is mega servers you are shooting to a completely wrong direction with rdf. The real problems are what you are listing. Not rdf

3 Likes

I haven’t played since WotLK and only recently got back to TBC.
Back then I truly believed Dungeon Finder wasn’t that great. Sure it was convenient, but a bit of “magic” got lost.
The times have moved though - the social media changed and therefore the people behavour.
Today I believe that Dungeon Finder would be a really good way to improve WotLK (and people still could spam LFG if they wanted to)

6 Likes

Glad to see a old player not blinded like some players.

1 Like

Peoples behaviour is shaped by enviroment so yes rdf is problem.

1 Like

To me not being able to group up cross realm is a problem, i have a group of friends who i was going to lvl up with in LK but they moved to Gehennas even though they knew i would never move to a pvp server.

So this social aspect and so called “server identity” (LOL) got used against me and screwed up my social aspect in the game.

1 Like

With RDF you would not be able to do it anyway. Grouping up with other peoploe from other realms on the same faction came in Pandaria i think.

Calling Gehennas a pvp server today is a bit of a stretch. It’s missing one of the P’s.

Peoples behavior online these days is massively impacted of the 24/7 access to internet and the many anonymous social media accessible with only a quick thumbmovement also 24/7.

RDF is only a very very tiny part of that.

Peoples behaviour is shaped by a enviroment they know perfectly, that’s the real reason.
TBC is known, there is no RDF, and it’s just a spam of “LF last x for”

Semantics
Potato potato

You can give no guarantees about future plans of blizzard with these mono-faction pvp servers.

Some people have a very weird understanding of what social is. If I go on vacation and refuse to talk to locals, because after the vacation I go out and have a drink with them, am I being social?
Is trying to ban vacations because the people you meet will just stay in their country and you won’t be able to play football with them afterwards or because you might get robbed on vacation social?

There is nothing social about being against the RDF. You just have a weird understanding of what social is.
The RDF is a tool that enforces players to do social activities. Because dungeons are social activities. Even if you don’t talk or you don’t make life long friendships. The RDF brings people together in dungeons. And even people that wouldn’t be able to run dungeons otherwise.
Every player that really values social activities or interactions should rejoice about the RDF. Because that’s exactly what the RDF will give you.

You want to talk in the dungeon? You can do this even with the RDF. You want to go to the wedding of the tank? Just exchange battle net IDs and stay in touch. And maybe he will invite you. You want to find a new guild? Well you still can and you can also find a new guild on a new server too.
And on top of this, everything is completely optional. You can also choose to not use the RDF and build groups the old fashioned way with your fellow RDF-haters, that got stuck in 2009.

So stop pretending this is about being social, because this isn’t. This is just about you wanting to police others on how they play the game, because you don’t like their way of playing.

There are a lot of us.

The people argumenting against the RDF now are mostly people that even back then made up their mind about the RDF before even trying it or without trying it at all.

3 Likes

rdf is not the environment. so, wrong.

1 Like

Don’t bother, it’s just a troll.

2 Likes

First post edited by adding an anti-argument :

1. RDF should be implemented with ICC only : Wrong, RDF was a part of 40-45% of the total Wotlk life, and RDF is not a dg/raid content, it’s just a tool so as the game is in 3.3.5 it has to be in day one, exactly as the fly is 150%, 1.5sc casting, double spec and 200 others things that we can list.

How about ulduar and ICC should they be in from the get go also?

As said dozens of times before, a qol feature is different from actual gear progression content. Seems only you cannot understand this.

4 Likes

Learn the diference between a raid content and a mecanic

3 Likes

Why do yuo make a difference on the two? If one is in from the start then the other can be also, maybe i dont want to raid Naxx or Ulduar and thus it is a QoL fix for me to have ICC from the start (And it can be cleared in Blues, it was done back then).

But i dont want ulduar or naxx i want ICC. Now, not tomorow. You dont have to do it if you dont want to. It is a QoL change for most of us that dont like Naxx or Ulduar.

Bad troll is always a bad troll…

Unless you’re actually blissfully unaware of the fact that it is kinda common practise to separate the two. Blizzard seperates them, and all of us seperates them.

Because mechanics/features and content is two different things.

3 Likes