All Raids of an expansion could stay relevant for the duration of it. This is how

At the end of Shadowlands we had the opportunity to go through some of the old raids and experience them again. This is something that a lot of people loved doing. You log in and you have an endless list of groups being made and a lot to choose from. We did have to wait for the end of the expansion for this to happen. During the expansion the drought was pretty obvious and many players were done with a patch after a month or two.

Obviously, we can’t have the item level of the previous raids and the newly-released ones be the same. We want to focus on the new raid and get our rewards out of it. However, the solution is already there: Confounding Antique Cypher.

Confounding Antique Cypher (or a DF version of it for the specific raid) could drop from the bosses of a new raid and allow us to upgrade the gear from previous raids to the item level of the new raid based on the difficulty of the boss that it dropped from. This would bring people back to the old raids in order to get the items they are missing, motivate them further to do the new raids and also allow them to min-max their gear which is something that raiders enjoy doing.

I don’t know about you, but this would definitely keep me in a patch for an extra month or two. Would love to see it happen!

eh knowing ion the inept they’d screw up even more old raid scaling HAAARD pass i rather not have to wait until lvl 100+ to do my transmog runs in a old expansion

personaly I would turn old raids in to 1 man dungeons, so people can farm their transmogs and se the lore if they so want to, whitout having to wait to do it.

could even make it so you can turn it on or off, if you happen to want to do the achivments there.

Problem with this is you would essentially have heirlooms for a max level.

The entire expansion unless they did something fundamental to change stat weights mid expansion, BIS would remain BIS in perpetuity.

The only way they could combat this is to purposely power creep new loot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.