All round ranged dps

Hello!
After playing druid a bit I understood that I will always be pigeonholed to be resto, directly or indirectly.
Huge problems of being moonkin or cat with gear, consumes, dps and not being effective at pvp (if you dont want to FC).
So I decided to get second character and what to have your advice - what class from ranged dps are friendly to play (pure dps classes and not hybrid ones like shadow or ele)?
Friendly for me:

• being able to get prebis and raid gear and not to run in blue gear for years;
  • feeling comfortable at solo play and not be strugling to kill mobs outdors;
  • don’t overcomplicated and dont need 300gold consumes each raid;
  • being able to farm some gold - as far I understood hunter, mage and lock are pretty good at that, but how hard it is?
  • can be part of WSG, AW and Arathi and be good on it and if needed - can be part of premade.

Because being a druid with mostly healer gear I need to rely on other very much and solo play is pretty meh.

Thanks for your opinion and advice!

PS: heard that playing hunter you need to be piano genious and 300 macro for pets, traps and other stuff, to be proper mage you need to have 200IQ and be chess champion, being warlock is not very easy too thats why I’m asking for feedback from active players and not the 15 yeras old rumors.

I can recommend a Mage:).

I think the class can suit you good.

1. These days the prebis gear is not that important as most guilds are doing MC in 30-35 people and with or without you is the same thing. Also as most people already have the MC tier you’ll have no problems getting geared.
    Now as a Mage pre bis is definitely not hard to get with a few exceptions like the Reed from Jed UBRS. You can buy greens from AH for a few gold and boost up your SP quite nicely.

2. You can kill solo mobs fairly easy but you’ll have to drink, alot. Then you can AoE. It’s not easy in some cases but this depends on your play style. I find learning the AoE mechanics quite engaging and entertaining. Like “spell cleaving” SM.

3. It’s not complicated at all. You can play a Mage as you want. And there aren’t so many consumables or as expensive on raids compared to other classes.

4. Farming gold isn’t a problem. You don’t have to boost people or do crazy stuff in order to make decent gold/hour. For example you can take Herbalism and farm DME jump runs only at the lashers. Nowadays you’ll find tons of YT videos to learn from.

5. Regarding BGs a Mage will always be in demand, mostly a Frost. But you can also play fun specs like PoM Pyro once you get some gear.

Mages toolkit is pretty awesome and viable in most activities.

1 Like

I think when it comes to range you’ll best choose Mage or Warlock, Perhaps Shaman. It’ll also depend on how Min/max your server is and if there’s room to play the somewhat frowned upon specs. Just remember that for some classes there’s other items that aren’t set items that can compliment whichever spec you choose.

Find guild to raid in feral boomkin even if that will take 12 more minutes to finish raid

Main things I’m beware of - being vending machine, drinking all day and being one of the ten boys in raid. Also pvp as a mage scares a bit - as for me ppl often focus mages and rogues.

Dont see any sense. Gear problems, high consumes cost, low dps and pvp meme speccing.

Yeah so?
You are competing for some important irl stuff or playing fantasy game for some fun?
Imagine, looking at meters and parses in 2020?..
:slight_smile:

Dont think that riding wheechair instead of car woth it.

Pvp? Pve? Leveling? Gearing? Farming? and so on…
For all class questions, the answer is always the mage!

Laughs in 950 DPS cat

pvp meme speccing

WAT. I mean, druids aren’t SL locks, but they are not pushovers in PvP and eat mages and rogues for breakfast.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.