Alliance, dead or alive?

So, I’ve played horde for the past month or two, with huge regret as I love my dearly beloved alliance side so much so I have returned back to Alliance (Silvermoon / Ravencrest) servers. It seems there is SO LITTLE guild recruitments in the game right now in trade chat (For the alliance side atleast). Are there even guilds recruiting now, It seems to be that only high progressive mythic guilds are recruiting. I used to be a CE player in BoD, and the guild parted ways, and then I went on to move house and country, and it seems it is very difficult to get back into the swing of things of raiding again.

Should I be waiting for shadowlands and play alone, or is there hope (and i’m just blind) or being severely picky about what guild I want to join and be apart of.

Depends what you want to do, your server and what guild you want tbh

Like for example if you wanted alliance rp argent dawn then no its not dead

Alliance is 30% or less eu mains

1 Like

I’ve been Alliance for well over 10 years now, and I do not really want to go to Horde on a permanent basis cough faction pride.

I just noticed how there are ALOT of horde guilds recruiting no matter progression, and there are mearly just a handful of alliance guilds that still raid heroic.

Silvermoon seems so dead at the moment lol. 90% of the time when I go in SW AH it’s only me in there. Came back from a 6 month break and before it was rammed, you could barely target the NPCs. Which is abit worrying as silvermoons one of the bigger servers?

Looking for keys or premade groups is pretty rough right now. There’s a low amount of keys all day. Starting one as a tank it usually takes 10 mins+ to find a decent healer. Does seem pretty dire at the moment alliance side. A big amount of my guilds gone horde to push keys and for easier groups ready for SL :pensive:.

2 Likes

Do reason they do max ilvl gears from BFA and want easy run “solo” in SL quests?

Alliance is 70% or more eu mains

1 Like

No idea what this means?

Could have sworn I saw on wowpedia we still had a majority, though those figures are probably donkey’s years out of date. Give me a minute and I’ll try and find them.

EDIT: here we are, taken from https://wow.gamepedia.com/Realm#Faction_balance:

"The following data was taken from WarcraftRealms, current for October 2015, and represents only the number of characters recorded on US and EU servers.

Faction balance:

• Total: 58% of characters are Alliance only 42% are Horde.
  • Alliance are slightly more popular with EU players than US players, with an A:H ratio of 59:41 for the EU, compared to 57:43 for the US.
  • Average faction balance depends heavily on realm type:
  • PvE servers in both the US and EU feature a heavy imbalance of Alliance characters, with an A:H ratio of 65:35.
  • PvP servers feature an imbalance of Horde characters, with an A:H ratio of 46:54 in the US, and 43:58 in the EU.
  • US roleplaying servers also feature more Alliance characters in PvE and more Horde in PvP, with an A:H ratio of 60:40 on RP servers, and 45:55 for RP-PvP servers.
  • EU roleplaying servers feature a heavy bias toward Alliance characters regardless of PvE or PvP, with an A:H ratio of 71:29 on RP servers, and 90:10 on RP-PvP servers.

Server type:

• Roleplaying realms
  • RP and RP-PvP servers combined account for around 15% of each region’s characters. The RP:RP-PvP ratio is also very similar for both regions, heavily favoring PvE, with RP servers containing around 77% of characters for the US and 81% for the EU, with RP-PvP having 23% and 19% respectively.
  • Non-roleplaying realms
  • US servers have slightly more characters on PvE realms, with a PvE:PvP ratio of 64:36.
  • EU servers have slightly more characters on PvP realms, with a PvE:PvP ratio of 41:59."

So unless there has been a massive shift in the space of 5 years (which to my knowledge there has not been but I live under a rock), the factions should still be about equal in total.

WoD of Draenor numbers are pretty outdated indeed.

I so wish Blizzard would release them though so we can see where things stand.

1 Like

I mean like players had all 485ilvl gears when stop play WoW and wait for SL come out.
And start do questlines so easy than quest reward green gears.

I just thought it would be worth bringing into the thread as a yardstick.

Hope someone finds use for it ^^

Go on wow progress to get a better number. Shows population of anyone who does keys/raids/pvp and updates monthly. Obviously not a perfect numbers as some players just world quest and do old content. But majoritt of players will be included, best we can use really.

https://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

2 Likes

There are at least two other people in Boralus right now that i can see, we’re still alive and kicking baybee :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trade chat on horde kazzak is taken over by boost sellers so nothing else can be done there. It’s really sad and pathetic.

Every server is taken over by boost selling, it’s literally all you see anywhere now.

4 Likes

Alliance is not dead
…just smells funny

1 Like

And not moving.

Not on Draenor alliance :innocent:

1 Like

Choose not to be part of a guild! I still don’t see the appeal, unless you’re mythic raiding or doing high rated pvp.

1 Like