Alliance High Elf Allied Race Megathread

They should, and all races and classes should have some tatoos aswell.
And scars and more hairstyles and colours(evry race should have all realy for colours dye excists aterall).
Tatoos and scars are just basic stuff evry race should have imo.
ANd void/high/blood elf could have some bigger coloured ones , while others are like anchors for kultiran for example but are like grey/black options instead of multiple collours of the elfs or wildhammer .

But those should have different /extra options for wildhammer.(certainly shamans are theyre supsosed to be wildhammer i believe)

Let me just express how much I love this thread, thank you to all the people contributing art and creative ideas. Super inspiring!

In my view, I could live with a compromise solution wherein the High Elf Wayfarers in Telogrus Rift become the next generation of Void Elves with more customisation options added. So that way you could get some lighter skin tones and hair colours. Then perhaps Vereesa Windrunner could offer some kind of quest that you do for the Light to unlock blue eyes and the Paladin class or whatever. A way to balance the Void-influence from Alleria with Light from Vereesa. It would create a super interesting dynamic between the two, and it would offer Blizzard the flexibility to make the Void Elf race into something more interesting than it is today (more variety, more backstory fantasies possible, more transmog colours suitable, etc.). By doing this, they could probably also explain why most remaining High Elves would decide to join them from around the world. They’d use the Void as a weapon against Death and the Shadow, but they would still have a path to redemption and they wouldn’t fully lose track of their own identity.

The other option of course, is to simply add High Elves and be done with it.

for palladins, you dont even need high elfs to give them for void elfs, just racial glyphs. So palladin for void elf would be glyph for a dark palladin for example, with shadow. and the healing priest specs could have shadow aswell instead.
And for nelfs its more silver light of elune type thing,and belfs would have more organy/red glow to it.
those kind of things.

Which is what i hope we see someday in wow.
And for void elfs could have them have some normal strings of hair or normal with with dark strings.

Im all for more customisation in wow as it really lacks it.

(Leíá) #740

Extra customization is fine.

When we start getting into the ridiculous race/class combo futures, that’s where I must draw the line.

what would you consider ridiculous class/race combo?
I think many fit that arent ingame(lighforged monks, heck normal got them and they got own monks on argus)
draenei rogues(rangari adn one of besst legion agents was a sub rogue eredar where you get artifact from).
Night elf palladins(is followers that are them)

And others could work if they have glyph to change to racial style for colours/abilties(functions same just looks different).
Like Nightborne/blood elf Druids with botanists(balance quite fits thems in theme ,atleast way more compared to other specs)

Or can make some weird spec combinations like void elf holy /disc priests or lighforged spriests work fine. The shadow can be used to heal, like shadowmend is a thing, and light can be used to dmg. So with racial glyphs those classes would all fit better/100% fit instead of 1/2specs.

Or kinda like how tauren palladins are more druids/priests of the sun then actully palladins. (which is like human/dwarf thing) and for other races its different.

(Leíá) #742

I like the idea of certain races not having access to certain classes.

Night Elf Paladin could be the next thing, but I wouldn’t truly want it. Blood Elves and Night Elves are unique in their own ways considering the former is the only elf race to have access to Paladin and the latter is the only elf race to have access to Druid.
I like that uniqueness and would prefer that to stay.

Sometimes, when you get too much of something, it isn’t as grand as what you think it is.

Well for night elf Palladins i dont see why not. they dont have typical light but so are all palladins that arent dwarfs/humans really(maybe draenei)

Theyre priests that go in battle for elune with plate, Palladin is imo perfect fit for Palladin.

Im not saying all classes to all races (though if they ever do it i wouldnt really mind ,escpially not if get racial glyphs). But are still some that 100% fit and are lacking currently.

It’s kind of odd, however, that the Alliance doesn’t have a single elf paladin combination available. Just humans, dwarves and draenei. That gets pretty old.

(Leíá) #745

Well the Horde doesn’t have a single elf druid combination, but I’m not truly invested in that.

They make the most sense.
An elf race doesn’t have to be every class.

Well the Horde doesn’t have a single elf druid combination, but I’m not truly invested in that.

True, but elves isn’t a race typically associated with the Horde. You do have a bunch of Troll druids and heaps of shamans and warlocks.

They make the most sense. An elf race doesn’t have to be every class.

If Tauren can get paladins, then so can Night Elves imo.

(Leíá) #747

They can, but they shouldn’t.

I love Blood Elves being the only elf paladin race, just like I love Night Elves being the only elf druidic race.
They can be both Demon Hunters, which goes against what is core for Paladins and Druids, but that is the beauty of these two races.

Night elf s even make more sense as paladins then tauren.
Theyre sunpriests/druids basicly the tauren palladins.

NIght elf palladins are priests who worhsip elune and go in frontlines of battle basicly,thats how ogrinal palladins from humans where aswell. Priests that took up armor to fight and assit in frotnlines more.

Night elf palladins 100% fit theyre one of best fitting races for it even. Theyre priestests of elune that choose to wear plate armor(like wardens/sentinals (who are often lead the sentials by priesstest of moon).

And with folowers we already got Night elf palladins ingame and gues what theyre priesteses of elune going in frontlines to aid/suppport/fight.

They can, but they shouldn’t. I love Blood Elves being the only elf paladin race, just like I love Night Elves being the only elf druidic race. They can be both Demon Hunters, which goes against what is core for Paladins and Druids, but that is the beauty of these two races.

Personally, I think the Horde has been a bit spoiled with the Blood Elves. Not only did they get them in the first place simply because Blizzard wanted to attract some players over on that side, but since then they also have nearly every class available to them, and on top of that they’re getting a bunch of extra customisation features like golden eyes, so nowadays they don’t even need to feel like fel-addicted “damaged” elves anymore, they’re just straight-up holy elves that for some reason choose to still side with the Horde, a faction committing genocide and polluting the land left and right. They even got an amazing heritage armour set, and there’s talk of a Silvermoon revamp. Whew.

It doesn’t stop there. When the Alliance got an allied race counterpart from the Horde’s Blood Elves, they got an inferior race in the Void Elves. They come with a few nifty features but they are very difficult to find good transmogs for, have very few available classes and cosmetic options, and in general look rather sullen and don’t really capture that elven feel. The Horde, meanwhile, got a pretty unique allied race version of the Night Elves, in the Nightborne. They have unique looking models and despite a few clipping issues and the fact that they feel a little nerfed from the NPC model, they still bring something unique. Along those same lines, the Void Elves got Telogrus Rift, whereas the Nightborne have Suramar. Suramar!

(Leíá) #750

Night Elves have gotten black eyes.

And the Blood Elves are just an interesting race that have had alot of struggles, but their story never felt hindered.

Well they are not the same as the Quel’dorei, they once called themselves.

They’ve been battered, bruised and they’ve been made to consider various things. They’ve gone through so much.

The Horde is the right home for the Nightborne.

The Void Elves are supposed to take different theme when it comes to the standard “elves.”
That’s why they might not carry the “elf” feel you want.

(Brigante) #751

Nope, because that’s where they belong…

Ahh, this old chestnut. “They did a poll in the Asian market and people liked them so therefore that’s why we have Blood Elves in the Horde” Fascinating, you are aware the Asian version of WoW is a franchise, and what happens in their game, does not often come over here, in fact most things don’t. Where are my payment options that they get and I don’t, Why am I paying more for my Sub than they are? How come their Forsaken models have elbows and knees? How come they turn into a gravestone upon death and not a skeleton? (I know the cultural reason) My point is, a poll involving the Asian market has Jack All to do with changes to the Oceanic realms.

With the exception of Demon Hunters, which are specifically either Sin’dorei or Kaldorei, the only class that was added was ‘Warrior’. You seriously trying to tell me that doesn’t make sense? Every race should have Warriors, to think otherwise is ridiculous.

They’re getting one. one customisation feature. Golden eyes. A feature nobody even wanted!, One feature unasked for is not a ‘bunch’

That is because they are not addicted to Fel. That was -never- their thing. They have a Mana Addiction, which all Thalassians share. Know what a High Elf who spends too long around Fel energies looks like? Yep. A Blood Elf. Blizz confirmed that the High Elves of the Allerian Expedition in lore have fel green eyes, just as a Blood Elf who lived in Dalaran whilst the Fel crystals were there, will have blue eyes. Blood Elves were -not- huffing Fel. The Fel crystals were there to keep the magical buildings of the city intact. We know what a Thalassian Elf who -does- drain Fel looks like: Selin Fireheart, first boss in Magister’s Terrace. Looks nothing like a Blood Elf or High Elf…

and why shouldn’t they? I mean the Gnomes got an awesome set too, I don’t begrudge them that.

Now there you have piqued my interest, people have wanted a revamp for more than a decade now, what is the source for this? as I really hope there is talk of a revamp…

Have you rolled a Nightborne? They don’t -get- Suramar. They get someone’s back garden with no buildings at all. Amusingly, they get less than the Void Elves. The rest of Suramar is still just as hostile to them, as to anyone else…

Firstly, I apologize because I mixed up two different things the ratio and the percentage into one, sry I was a bit too tired.

1000? Why do you use this number? Blood elves as a term can be used only after the Arthas, before that all Thalassian elves were High elves (now you have Blood, Felblood, High, Undead elves, San’layn etc)

12% of sruviving Quel’Thalassian population are High elves, but the ratio at the beginning for the survivors from Quel’Thalas was 1:9, after Kael it is 1481:11000, so 1:7,4. With all what happened, the ratio for Blood elves goes down even more.

Sunwell can provide the energies for any Thalassian elf no matter the space and time, even in Alternative universes. It also consists of both the Light and arcane energies.

Fel was apparently not used by Blood elves who stayed on Azeroth. The eye colouring is caused by irradiation from fel crystals, which were “gift” from Kael from Outland.

Yes, they are addicted to magic, but if they did not start with the Void back then, when their Sunwell was destroyed, then there is virtually no reason for them to study it and risk so much. The Sunwell was restored and can provide enough energy, magic, to any Thalassian elf.

Void elves were described as “Elite crack squad”, how many do you think that this could mean?

Thousands? When there is prolly less than 10k surviving Thalassian elves and we are talking about the Void.

• Studying and using Void is extremely dangerous.
  • Sunwell was restored, it is completely safe, so they have no need to look for another sources of energy.
  • Before clarifying, it was possible that creation of Void elves was one time only event, that could not be repeated.
  • There is also a question if all the Void students have to/want to go through the physical changes to look like Void elves.

Nope, because that’s where they belong…

Respectfully disagree. The High Elves (or whatever we choose to call their race in general) have fought alongside humans for thousands of years, usually against the types of creatures you’d find on the Horde, such as orcs, trolls and the undead. They joined the Horde in a moment of extreme desperation because a temporary leader of the shattered Alliance was a xenophobe who treated them very poorly. I can understand that choice, sort of. I mean, 20 years prior their homeland was under threat from extinction by the orcs, so it’s a little weird. But I get that desperate times call for desperate measures.

That’s where it ends, though. The Blood Elves are culturally very different from the other races on the Horde, except for the recently recruited Nightborne. On top of that, the Horde has behaved very, very badly over the last decade. From Garrosh to Sylvanas, they are doing pretty much the exact opposite of what you’d expect a High Elf to do.

It gets worse when Blizzard intentionally has to change the Blood Elves in a sort of contrived way, by giving them mean and wicked characters who are incredibly arrogant and verging on genuine evil. It doesn’t suit them, and whenever you see them depicted in normal lore situations, for example the High Elf mother who is trying to escape Arthas holding her child in the Sylvanas Warbringers cinematic, this is just more evident. She looks like a perfectly healthy, decent, lovely person who just wants to live and prosper in a nice, orderly, civilised society. Pretty much like the Humans of Stormwind. But then you go in-game and you see these Blood Elves fighting side by side with walking corpses in gas masks, polluting the ground beneath their feet with the plague and torturing people on these bizarre devices… no. It’s a very forced and very strange change from the elves we got to know in the RTS games.

Ahh, this old chestnut. “They did a poll in the Asian market and people liked them so therefore that’s why we have Blood Elves in the Horde” Fascinating, you are aware the Asian version of WoW is a franchise, and what happens in their game, does not often come over here, in fact most things don’t. Where are my payment options that they get and I don’t, Why am I paying more for my Sub than they are? How come their Forsaken models have elbows and knees? How come they turn into a gravestone upon death and not a skeleton? (I know the cultural reason) My point is, a poll involving the Asian market has Jack All to do with changes to the Oceanic realms.

I never mentioned the Asian market, and I didn’t have any such poll in mind. It’s just common sense. I played during Vanilla, and it’s true that the Horde only had these large, brutish races while the Alliance had Night Elves dancing atop mail boxes everywhere. I understand why Blizzard wanted to even things out, although I disagree with them for giving Blood Elves to the Horde.

With the exception of Demon Hunters, which are specifically either Sin’dorei or Kaldorei, the only class that was added was ‘Warrior’. You seriously trying to tell me that doesn’t make sense? Every race should have Warriors, to think otherwise is ridiculous.

I’m not saying Blood Elves shouldn’t be a thrifty, agile, resourceful race that is able to roll different classes. That’s fine by me. But it is a stark contrast to the Void Elves who feel like their lame cousins.

They’re getting one. one customisation feature. Golden eyes. A feature nobody even wanted!, One feature unasked for is not a ‘bunch’

Well, given how they also have Death Knights and Demon Hunters, that adds a whole ton of potential to create diverse characters. Sure, it binds you to a specific class but regardless it means that there is greater potential for customisation for the Blood Elves. I’m pretty sure they’ve had some hairstyles added as well by the way, such as the pigtails.

That is because they are not addicted to Fel. That was -never- their thing. They have a Mana Addiction, which all Thalassians share. Know what a High Elf who spends too long around Fel energies looks like? Yep. A Blood Elf. Blizz confirmed that the High Elves of the Allerian Expedition in lore have fel green eyes, just as a Blood Elf who lived in Dalaran whilst the Fel crystals were there, will have blue eyes. Blood Elves were -not- huffing Fel. The Fel crystals were there to keep the magical buildings of the city intact. We know what a Thalassian Elf who -does- drain Fel looks like: Selin Fireheart, first boss in Magister’s Terrace. Looks nothing like a Blood Elf or High Elf…

It very much was their thing back when they were introduced. They were “High Elves but with a twist”. They were given to the Horde, but they were made to appear like a sort of “fallen” people, beautiful on the outside but dark and vengeful on the inside. That was their pitch.

and why shouldn’t they? I mean the Gnomes got an awesome set too, I don’t begrudge them that.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t. But they have it, and it’s another reason why Blood Elves as a playable race have been treated very well by Blizzard, and why the Void Elf compromise given to the Alliance feels rather lacklustre by comparison.

But I must say, you seem very defensive about the Blood Elves. Which is what I suspect is the reason behind why many players oppose High Elves as an allied race. You are probably a little afraid that your awesome and unique races will be out-awesomed by another type of elf.

Now there you have piqued my interest, people have wanted a revamp for more than a decade now, what is the source for this? as I really hope there is talk of a revamp…

Sorry to get your hopes up, but I was referring mostly to player-to-player discussions on forums and such. The world is slowly being revamped (WSG, AB, Arathi, Darkshore, Silithus, etc.) and capital cities are being destroyed and what-not. So it’s not unthinkable that some of the worst offenders (if not all) among the capital cities would receive major updates soon.

Have you rolled a Nightborne? They don’t -get- Suramar. They get someone’s back garden with no buildings at all. Amusingly, they get less than the Void Elves. The rest of Suramar is still just as hostile to them, as to anyone else…

It’s still in or around Suramar, isn’t it? The Void Elves get a floating purple rock with three tents.

I wouldnt say golden eyes that are only on 3specefic faces instead of being toggle, and not being gold version of normal eyes but have alot of bugs/issues since we got them would be getting a bunch of extra options.
And heritage is something but all will get it eventually.

And silvermoon revamp where is said? only players having asked for it to be usable as actual city for ages and not have second half ruined even though has been rebuild the cit is like a day with rommath in lore .

And regardless silvermoon needs a update as does exodar and basicly evry city that isnt ogrimar/stormwind. but exodar adn silvermoon most

(Итилион) #756

Of course I can, it’s just obvious. Others have already explained it.