Allied race suggestion: Man'ari Eredar

I think I open a Thread about K’thir/C’thraxxi/Faceless as allied race :rofl:

1 Like

Well, the red light is getting bigger; Legion is gonna be back someday.

1 Like

I can’t post links but if you look up popular races stats, Draenei are about halfway with numerous other races being less popular.

Draenei aren’t the most popular race but by no means are an unpopular race.

I mean they’re not “worthy” to get an other race.

Poor succubus, I feel like a want to level one now cause I am also unworty.

So you mean they woudn’t be able to lift Thor’s hammer? :frowning: And here i was thinking about rolling as a Draenei thinking he was Thor as a Paladin :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I somehow don’t think Allied races are created based on whether a race is “Worthy”. If they were, Gnomes definitely would not be getting one.

I’m not advocating for another Draenei race btw, we don’t need another one and Eredar is stupid, just pointing out they’re not unpopular.

Yeah, it seems that Blizz created a sub race for every race. I mean that they’re not worthy to get their third race.

Just don’t use Thor quote from last Avengers
Cause Bringmethanos sounds fun in your head, but it is a request for a fart on paper.

1 Like

There’d be absolutely no point adding another Draenei race right now except maybe the broken, big maybe there.

Honestly I’d rather Blizz focused on bringing in some more interesting races. I’m not head over heels about Vulpera but it would be something different at least rather than reskins of the same races.

Kul’Tirans at least weren’t a reskin, can’t say I find them interesting but they at least put some effort into them.

I hope their heritage will be a Leatherman’s costume from village people.
Would be a very thematic Alliance race, cherry picked by Anduin

1 Like

Well. I would personaly like Eredar more than the LF spacegoats.
But we already have 1 draenai sub-race? I would rather wish to get some other race’s re-skin or re-color. A yellow re-color is enough for now. No need to add a red-recolor version. :smiley:

This is pretty unlikely - The majority of Orcs are shown to be dead-set against even Warlocks because of what happened with the Legion. Them being okay with welcoming the very Demons who had them corrupted in the first place into the Horde isn’t very believable.

A more likely race would’ve been either the Nightborne or Shen’dralar. Both have experience consorting with Demons, both have had a redemption arc and both are more closely linked to the Arcane, which the Eredar culture revolved around prior to the arrival of Sargeras.

That being said, the Eredar are still literal millennia more advanced than either the Horde or Alliance. I doubt they’d consider us worth their time if they did form a breakaway group.

2 Likes

They would rather conquer Azeroth than join either the Horde or Alliance. Again, Eredar made up a large bulk of the Legion. Even if we did get a break away group, they would not be good.

I believe there’s some demons that have broken away from the Legion but they’re still not good and definitely would not join the Horde or Alliance (excluding Varimathras as he ultimately betrayed Sylvanas and was never truly on the Hordes side, excluding Warlock demons who serve their master and only serve the Horde by proxy and excluding Lothraxion.)

Naga would make more sense than Eredar as an allied race (not that Naga should be cause that’s a terrible idea)

Wasn’t the 2nd in command of the Forsaken a dreadlord? Wasn’t he there for almost a decade as well?

The horde has already taken on Scourge members, why not Legion members as well?

I do believe that, for generic fantasy, sometimes it is best to let evil be evil. However, I will throw some support behind the OP’s idea because I think the design of the Eredar is really slick and cool, much more so than the Lightforged Draenei.

I have had a hard time to wrap my head around what actually happened in Legion. The Legion was defeated, right? And although many Eredar held high ranking positions within the legion, I don’t think it would be implausible for many of the Eredar to have been victims to the rash decisions made for them by their leaders. The success and failure of the corruption of the Orcs may serve as an inspiration to some Eredar to actually try to redeem themselves.

It’s not an implausible idea. I’d go as far as to say the Eredar would have made a more sensible race than the void elves.

1 Like

See my post above yours.

Also the Scourge and Forsaken are not the same thing. Scourge are in control of the Lich King, Forsaken are not. Forsaken are not necessarily evil, members of the Legion by their nature are.

You say that like Windrunner was ever truly on the Horde’s side. She’s always only ever been in it for herself or her people.

I was talking more about the San’layn

Looks around at plague bombed villages Uh huh…

If you want to argue that the zombies aren’t evil, but the demons are, I’m just going to laugh.

Just like the zombies, there are good stragglers who want to break free of the Legion and work with the forces of Azeroth.

Up till BFA she’s been relatively loyal to the Horde whether she’s been in it for herself or not and even now she is still questionably loyal to the Horde but her methods are extreme. Varimathras was still loyal to the Legion and only really ever pretended to be loyal to Sylvanas.

There were given a chance to join the Horde but weren’t really ever officially part of the Horde but point taken, they were still given a chance.

Actions of some Forsaken does not mean all Forsaken are evil. A lot of the time Forsaken actions are performed because of other races actions against them. Humans have never been particularly fond of Forsaken.

But they’re not. Their methods might be questionable and some may be evil but they’re not all evil. Forsaken have ultimately been loyal to the Horde and Azeroth. A lot of their questionable actions are more influenced by Sylvanas than themselves.

Demons have rarely ever been loyal to anything except themselves and Sargeras. There is absolutely no way in hell that Demons would allow themselves to be ruled by Mortals or be considered equal to Mortals. Again, Demons are evil by their nature.

What examples of this are there? The only Demons that have ever opposed the Legion have either actually not really been opposed to the Legion, been out for themselves, been under the control of Warlocks or in one particular case infused with the light. Demons have broken away from the Legion but they’ve never thought about joining the Horde or Alliance willingly.

The Scourge/Forsaken is exactly like what the Legion/Eredar rebels would be like. Many humans still see the forsaken as evil in their “nature”. Forsaken still do questionable things with their new plague stuff but they aren’t part of the Scourge anymore.
Why not the Eredars?

1 Like