Alt unfriendliness in retail and why there are complaints about no content

im not that oftne on forums, but im here often enough to know that red isnt someone feeling entilted at all and demands free stuff at all.

he/she is one of most constructive posters on this forum in my experience(i dont agree with evrything on him/her) but Red’s posts are basicly Always veyr well writtten and thought out,certainly compared to alot you see on forums thats X sucks and should be scrapped or if you like something i dont you should feel horable(and other such bad/stupid posts).

but red’s arent anything like that,and again i dont Always agree with what red posts but i can Always atleast understand where he/she comes from.

1 Like

Ah yes what wonderful progress the gave us, hey how about you wait two weeks and come here daily to do some boring quest so you can do decent numbers in raid? No one is here saying that essences CONCEPT isn’t good, it’s entirely and i can’t effin stress it enough entirely how they have been implemented that is wrong and people hate.
You know what kind of catch up people don’t like? the one that is completely free, why is the azerite essence for the neck not a fuulfilling grind? because you don’t have to do anything and it’ll become easier on it’s own, if it didn’t scale weekly w/o people needing to do anything that would still be a meaningful grind (albeit too long but i digress) and guess what you can do once ur done with your main? go and do it on your alt but way quicker so as not to bore yourself to Death, this is a good catch up mechanich and no you don’t know what I want you can believe that all you want but it won’t make it true.
Blizzard wants me to play the game, I don’t see the correletion between complaining and not having time to play, i have it, if I wanted to unlock those essences I could, but I’d honestly prefer to shoot myself in the balls, at least I’d feel something instead of turning off my brain to do 5-8 different (but not really) dailies that were boring the second week they were out for another month.

Its alt he is supostu be weaker than your main. It is not supostu be your second main.

Yes and No. Whilst my main has traditionally always been the geared one (although I’ve not raided on her in a very long time), it’s not usually been this noticeable. I don’t ever expect an alt to be like my main, although I did used to maintain more geared characters.

3 Likes

You hit that pretty fast in BFA compared to say… WoD or Cata. I spent quite some time getting gear in WoD and Cata. In BFA? Lol, I just get showered in gear. All progression is gone, it doesn’t matter any more.

Really depends on the type of content you wish to do, and if you exclude things like traits, neck levels and essences from the equation.

I felt gearing my maxed alts was much more fun and worthwhile in WoD and Cata than in BfA.

3 Likes

I strictly do dungeons, including mythic plus. I hate island expeditions, I hate WQs. I won’t do them unless I can get an instant upgrade from it. The heart of azeroth never should have been implemented.

Well at least titanforging is on its way out now. But agree with OP, the thought now of regrinding rank 3 essences is just crushing. The AP catch up isn’t bad, but the essences really should be account bound once earned. It’s not like you’ve not put any effort into the game to get a rank 3 essence. I was disappointed not to see it in Ion’s video. And now it looks like there’s another visions-based talent tree grind? So three grinds now (AP, essences, vision talents)? There needs to be some relief for alts in this.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I for one don’t want to do 5mans, M+, raids, LFR, WQs or IEs for my progress.

I want to spam BGs and Arena, and you’ll be grinding a fair while with that selection if you do those, even if you supplement it with the occasional emissary reward.

Still, the amount of power that traits (and the potential variety in them as options) and essences give your character is just something that completely demolishes my desire to pick up a new character and put it through some content.
My shaman is all but abandoned because it’s just not fun to play with lackluster traits and no viable essence.

3 Likes

No, they need to stop this stupid system. Go back to gear being the thing that you progress. Not anything else.

If they want to continue down the path they currently are on, they need to make you able to get these things through the thing you actually want to do. Not the things that bore you so much that you fall asleep. If they had 10 man raiding still in the game, I’d be fine with raiding too to get stuff but 20 man? No, I have no desire for that. With 10-man raiding in Cata we raided as a group of friends, it was perfectly fine. Then they shattered the ability to do this and I haven’t raided actively ever since that.

1 Like

Agreed. I do enjoy m+ in this expansion but the effort to kickstart alts into m+ is just to boring and way to much of chore now. I need essence, neck level and then i’m limited by how much i can grind each day due to blizzard.

1 Like

Thing is you dont want to play alts. You want to play 2+ mains and have them on same power progression. Such concept do not belong into mmorpg game.

Sure but what you dont seem to understand is that ap grind is there to offset easy, acessible and fast high end gear drops. Time you would spent gearing is now time you spent farming ap. You might say that getting gear is more fun than grinding ap. Yes it is but. Most people would not have acess to this gear. So Blizz rather give everyone free epics and off set that time with ap grind.

It gives casual audience acess to high end gear while keeping rime spent progressing same.

The AP grind is easy, accessible and fast, you know. It’s just mindnumbingly boring to the point I’d rather to do something else.

1 Like

This is my problem. The only reason I have managed to play this game for so long - is that i do not let this game burn me out. It is not question of hard or easy, but some activities like grinding AP that feels like farming air - feels so … not rewarding, boring and shallow. I feel its a chore that gives me no gratification.

I rathr go spend time hunting a good transmogs - looking good least makes me feel happier. AP in my neck or rep for essences does not.

1 Like

This is one million % true.
Make it alt friendly again.

Like waow Blizzard, before the azerite essences happend, i could play every single class, exploring, having fun in different ways without no hinders.

Now i have 11 classes at 120 standing AFK in Zuldazar around 400 ilvl thats whereabout the fun ended.

Bound to this druid now, very sad.

1 Like

Says who??

2 Likes

Why not? I have at least a main M+ healer, a main M+ dps and a main raider :thinking:

All of those who said we want it for free on alts, its not like that, I mean it takes 4 weeks to get to exalted with rustbolt, after a week or so the content is a bore, seen most of the quests, you build a mount you will never use because it cant fly.
now I have no intention of trying to get those pvp essences, I thought yea i’d give it a go but 6 BG’s = 0 wins and having to wait pretty long to get into them is just a joke.
then I have to do all that meaningless grind on alts for things that are mandatory to play now or you struggle and the groups you’re in suffer or just get kicked from random M+ grps because you don’t have this and that essence.
Add world quests to Mecha and increase the rep gain for starters would be a step in the right direction.
how about adding a currency that enables you to buy whatever essences you want, isn’t locked to how many you can get on a day, week etc.
At the end of the day, Blizzard are forcing players to do content they don’t want to do because if they don’t they will be left behind.

As for the Ion interview, they only ever touch on topics they want to talk about, anything that is controversial like this topics just gets blanked.
we’re adding 6 new essences - wow ( stacked behind yet another rep grind probably) we’re doing away with titanforging - not fussed about that tbh, I get ppl get unhappy because they haven’t had a nice Tf item blah blah blah, but when they do get one, they’re as happy as can be, oh look at the big F****** off TF waist with a socket I just got!!
All we are asking in the forum is to make it easier for everyone to play alts, I mean I miss doing content on them, I really do so atm I pay £120 a year to play 1 char and then repeat the same old crap on other toons.

I really wish someone over at blizz is reading all this and would leave a bluey here to give the player base some kind of answer or that they are looking into it, nearly 100 comments here so far, come on blizz pull that brown finger out of that hole and start typing!

1 Like

I will say this with the 8.3 updates to the heart they really need to lower the azerite for each level again as that will make having alts in 8.3 very difficult by the sounds of things.