Alt unfriendliness in retail and why there are complaints about no content

If you find the quests, grinds, reputations as boring and braindead (whatever it means) contents, then don’t do it. No one is forcing you to play with 23523523 alt chars, and no one is forcing you to gear them full BIS. This is just your obsession. You can clear all the raids without them. Just because you are obsessed, it doesn’t mean everything should be given on a silver platter.

You are the one thinking the game is boring, not me. Yet you are the one who forces himself into it, not me.

Maybe next expansion should be like this;

All your chars are at max level, even if you create a new one it will be max level. Max lvl professions. Small new zones with no mobs to daze you or obstacles to annoy you and you can fly from minute 1. No storylines because they are all completed, you can buy every essence or whatever from vendor because you are exalted to all, you will have all BIS items available. And all these will be true for every alt char you have or will create.

I mean, that’s kind o fmy point tho? It’s exactly what I’m saying that I don’t want to do this dull and time gated grinds a second time so I’m not playing the game lol. What you seem to don’t get is that I’m not forcing myself, as i previously said i want to play the game, but I won’t because eff me I’m not going through that bullcrap again. Btw nice going from 0 to 100 lol, taking it to an extreme is not doing your argument any favors, what you wrote is not what i want and you know it so stop.

Then you are doing the right thing. If you played it already, and you think you are done with the game and you think you don’t want to through all those ‘‘boring, braindead (does that mean requries no IQ or something?)’’, ofc you will stop playing, that’s the right thing. Wrong thing is forcing yourself into it.

So you say you don’t want everything to be given on a silver platter. But that’s what you are keep asking on this thread. Make up your mind already.

It means they don’t require skill or thinking, at least that’s the way i intended if i called them braindead. As i already said in another thread about this long ago they should do one of three things with essences:

1. Make them account wide (the easiest to implement and lazy way out, albeit the wrong one)

2. Ease the requirements for alts (the less lazy way but still not the right one)

3. Rework how you obtain essences so they are not timegated (the right way to do it)

you can even od both 3 and 2 for all i care, point is right now they make no sense, why can i get the rank 2 of the focusing iris from a +7 but for rank 3 i need three weeks of +10? why doesn’t killing queen azshara in lfr give rank 1 condensed life force, normal rank 2 heroic rank 3 and mythic (as it does) rank 4?
They provide a power spyke so high that if you want to do decent numbers they are required, there is a reason that in this patch we went from 27k(I think i’m being generous here, we probably did less then 27k) average mythic dps to 53k average mythic dps, and it’s not the rising in Ilvl even if it contributed obviously.

1 Like

Raiding doesn’t require too much ‘brain’ either. A little bit more than what you need to be able to hold your spoon and feed yourself with it. It doesn’t reqiure 6 digits IQ.

Timegating, rep grinds, ‘‘they want to increase time played’’… etc these are being used irresponsibly and needs to stop.

If you want to get things, you will do the requirements. If you don’t do them, you won’t get it. Pretty simple. You can do all the contents without your rank 4 essence or BIS items.

No need to ask for freebies. Especially not for alt chars. Alt char mentality needs to die, like yesterday.

There is also no obligation from players to Play this game. There are plentty of games to choose from that dont lock people out with idiotic Time Gates to boost mau

Yes, that’s what i am saying. Those complainers should try something else. Acting like addicts and threating a company with 10 euro/month is laughable.

Got 4 characters between 435 - 445. 12 characters between 400-434.
So I’d say alt friendliness is way up there.

With being able to do a +10 run a week with every char, this topic is not about ilvl :frowning:

That doesn’t make it welfare gear, it makes you pathetic…

There is no middle ground with you i see, you might be the very definition of close minded.

What a nice position to have lol, I’m just gonna leave this here and not answer anymore you’re not here to have a discussion anyway, just here to judge and dismiss.

1 Like

I can see why you have a date every week, that’s a very eloquent way to make your point :smiley:

It’s the Essences rather than the gear that take the most time to redo on alts.

Hi guys and gals. How would you feel if we were to be able to level an alt per month, for Core Races, obviously faster for Demon Hunters, Death Knights, and Allied Races, which start at higher level, and a total of 100 characters on an account, so we could make 50 Alliance, and 50 Horde toons?

Okay i wont read Everything thats been writen here, so my bad if i mention something someone else already did!
And i do agree to a point that Essence should be Account Wide

BFA Is one of the most alt friendly expansion, Here’s WHY

1 You can get the 5% Bonus Elixir, and send it to the Alts, and Heirlooms
You can easily get to 120 within 2 Days of /played.
2. At 110, you can fly to Quest, or simply just do Isles for some Juicy EXP
[If Flying is unlocked]

3 Fresh 120 = Send over Benthic gear from your main
4 Accept the Nazjatar Q-line
This will reward you a 375 ilvl weap, if not misstaken.
Also do the Magni Q-line to get instant 35 Heart LvL.

5 At this point your ilvl should be around 370 ilvl.
6 Do mythic Dungeons for 400+ items.
7 At about 385+ ilvl, start slowely push M+.

This comes from a lad with Severe Altoholic problems with about 45 120’s
Which about 18 of them are 415+ without even doing Raids.

This Warlock im commenting on is currently ilvl 426
and havent even done Normal / HC EP, since its not as interesting to me!.

I think if you had read all the comments in this post you will see we pretty much don’t have an issue with gearing alts, its the repetitive rep grinds you have to do on them for exalted reps for essences, which are mandatory, you need them to get into raids and M+. I have got my main ( Resto Druid ) sitting at 444 ilvl and after 5 weeks have most of the essences I need to raid on.
Now my new guild has 3 Resto druids which is a bit much and as I do prefer to play MW, im going to reroll which is a choice between myself and the raid leader.
so now I have to do all that again to get the essences as well as doing Arena to get my ranking up high enough to get conflict and strife. I’m not a fan of PvP of any kind because I suck at it, but as healer dps is now a required thing in the majority of mythic raid guilds, I have to do it which is fine.
The rep grind is long and god damn boring once, let alone 2nd and 3rd times!

1 Like

10 Characters Required.

If you agree with this or something similar then you’re of the same opinion of most in this thread, everything beside essences is fine for alts, but essences are a very big pita.

2 Likes

Yeah, 100%

but you listed EVERYTHING we are not talking about.

Leveling new toons = Cake
Gearing new toons = Cake

Talk about what we are talking about, all you do is level up chars, gear them a little and haven’t even got rank 3 essences on that lock, follow what we a re talking about dude, you obviously don’t do end game content so what do you know about it?