Alts catching up with cloak ranks

How do people do this nowadays?

I tried to do it on one alts of mine yesterday and I almost died of boredom and fatigue after getting it to rank 8.

Any tips?

It is very bad… No way around it.

at this point of the game, they could just give alts a rank 15 cloak now, it would not realy matter that much at all.

The only way to get to rank 15 is to either grind it out yourself or buy a boost (but those are usually quite expensive, so I wouldn’t recommend it).

It sucks, but it’s how it is. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

The worst part for me personally is getting the visions of n’zoth by completing the weekly assaults. It gets so tedious if you really wanna do it on all your alts.

The horrific visions themselves are repetive, but not that bad imo. Maybe you can have a friend help you. Geared characters can complete the vision pretty fast when done without masks.

Are they really this expensive? Now that vessels can be bought with echoes, prices seem to have gone down by quite a bit. I have seen 5-mask boosts for ~80k gold and 0-mask boosts for 20k gold each. Getting a couple of those on the low cloak levels so that you can get far ahead with mementos and buy all the necessary traits might actually be the way to go. With Elite Extermination trait in the research tree purchased, you can quite easily do full-clears and every cloak level only takes one vision run to complete.

20-30k gold per vision is pretty expensive for most players, especially if they have multiple alts.

This! With my friends, we have been boosting each other through the truly boring ranks from 6-12. I think after 12 you usually have enough resistance to be able to do a lot yourself, but from ranks 6-12 I tend to feel mostly useless and frustrated as you just don’t have the sanity resistance on your own to do full clears, thus need to do more runs for each upgrade.

1 Like

Yeah, in that case… spending the amount of gold could be a bit too much. When one wants to gear 1-2 alts up, though? They could buy at most 5 of these boosts and then get enough mementos to be able to buy Elite Extermination by the time they need to do fullruns for cloak progression.

So 100k per alt? That’s more expensive than the curve boost or the 5 mask boost.

I… keep forgetting curve boosts have gone down in price, actually. In my mind, carapace+'zoth is still ~200k gold.

Actually… what would give you more mementos? One 5-mask boost or 5 0-mask boosts? I am aware that the 5-masks in general give more mementos, but I have never actually tried boosting/getting boosted in 5-mask so I don’t really know how much a boostee can actually get that way. You need to be alive when the stuff is cleared to get mementos from it, right?

the biggest problem also for alts is, that you have the same difficult level to do the visions as you had on your main, but less time to gear up, this makes it realy difficult to do the visions also. unless you first gear up your char to quite some high item level, what most of the time can take weeks if unlucky whit dropps, or you spam mythic + dungeons, what in it self takes a long time unless you have people boosting you.

personaly a dmg and heal boost for everyone who has a rank 15 cloak for alts would be welcome, it would still take time, but it would feel better.

Not sure if you have to be alive to get the mementos from the kills, but most of the mementos are looted in the chests trhoughout the run and in the end chests. You only get those end chests, if you hit the corresponding boss atleast once.

Ooooooor the MOTHER research tree could just go account-wide.

4 Likes

I am doing it myself at the moment on my shaman. Got the cloak 2.5 weeks ago, and now rank 13 cloak. There are some stupid levels (7-10) where you need 4 pages, and if you do somewhere reaaaaaly well you are able to get 3 in 1 run. Which is frustrating obviously, with having to do 1 more vessel (10k coal) for 1 page. Getting rank 10 and 11 give A LOT of extra sanity protection.

But this was sort of a progression where you get a better cloak and can stay longer in the vision. After 15 i think the real grind start. You can grind echoes, but you also need those for corruption. It is a pretty long way.

On the other side; it is an alt and it is certainly not needed to max out everything to be able to do something like an heroic raid or a +15. My char is already playable.

ye this is the bad part. I really hate those fill-the-bar quests, hating them even just on main, let alone any more characters.

I mean I’m freaking exalted with both assault factions, just lemme buy these vessels with gold and be BOA :confused: i won’t even mind doing visions themselves.

At least Torgast will not carry any currency system to enter it.

5 no mask boosts would give you maybe 2k more or so, but the 5 mask one would give you a great starting ilvl 470 gear piece with potentially good corruption.

1-15 isn’t so bad. Once you get around 12 you can solo the whole thing; like 8-11ish are a pain.

Then you have to actually grind and decide whether to use echoes on corruption or cloak and you will be generally starved of them anyway.

I think they should just remove the cost for doing the visions. 10k coalesced stuff or 1.7k echoes is pretty harsh.

the real problem for alts are the echoes not the cloak lvls…

i mean everything costs echoes now which easily ramp up to 80k echoes that you will need with limited sources of getting echoes

40min dungeon run on +15 gives like 200 and i need 80k gg