Am I getting this right?

I mean, I get your subs dropped, but instead of offering discounts for roping in “unsuspecting fools” into a failing game, maybe, just MAYBE… how about fixing the game?
postimg[dot]cc/jDRWn9XY

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you. They won’t let me post links. “For some reason.”

Maybe, just MAYBE… how about reading the 9.1.5 changes?

1 Like

That’s what basically prompted me to ask this question…

Those patch notes are essentially the backlog for several years…

And now they have the audacity to pull off this crap as well…

We’re literally paying their salary, just to remind you…

2 Likes

Brilliant marketing is all I can say.

4 Likes

You’re choosing to pay their salary. If you’re not satisfied, then just quit, that easy. No need to spend a penny more. Many, many, MANY QoL changes are being done in 9.1.5.

People cry to fix the game. Blizzard fixes all the stuff people cry about. People cry that they’re just doing it for money. The neverending cycle.

Imagine being mad that a game goes on sale…

5 Likes

I’ll just copy this back:

"This happens because they make a good product. Then that gets the interest of investors. and those give money for influence. And then they start demanding changes and the slide to corporate starts. The product suffers. And eventually the fanbase leaves and the corporation shrinks again until they buy out another IP that is at the beginning stage and the whole mistake repeats.

As soon as a game developer changes his focus from making a good game to making money everyone loses. If you want to be the developer that makes the best games: Never make the money the primary concern (half finished overhyped crap games that never meet the expectations marketing created). But never make the game the only concern (early access hell) either.

Balance is the way of the force!"

I’m being mad about them trying to squeeze out even the very last cent instead of acknowledging their failure and attempting to correct it…

1 Like

You can copy all you want. I’ll share a little secret with you. Companies are made to generate profit. I know that it’s an absolute shocker, but yes, that’s how it works.

By putting the game on sale? You know that WoW goes on sale at least once a year, EVERY YEAR, right?

But they are… in the next patch… have you not read the notes?

4 Likes

That seems to be such a weird thing to get upset about. Sales are the most normal things that companies do all the time.

4 Likes

This happens because they make a good product. Then that gets the interest of investors. and those give money for influence. And then they start demanding changes and the slide to corporate starts. The product suffers.

It’s the WoW community mate. People can’t complain about covenants/conduit energy/alt unfriendliness etc. etc., because it’s all being fixed, but the forum people need something to cry about. So here we are.

2 Likes

The main problem is the timing. Activision blizzard effed up, big-time. Now they’ve promised to fix a backlog of several years in the next patch. (PROMISED)

It’s like the serial killer saying sorry to the families in court…

I don’t know, I mean you couldn’t pay me to come back to SL at this point. Its a stinking pile of dudu.

1 Like

Don’t think this needs any more comments.

3 Likes

That’s all on you for making that connection. They would have done those sales regardless like they’ve done every year. It’s a sale and there’s literally nothing more to it.

The timing? You mean putting the game on sale right before making a ton of QoL changes, that will help new/returning players in SL? How strange…

2 Likes

What kind of shady company would want to attract more people back to their game. It’s outrageous!

Good thing the OP doesn’t run a company.

3 Likes

Man… quality markets and sells itself.
If you’re spending more on advertising your product, than you spend on ensuring it’s quality, I just don’t know what to say… Ignorance is bliss, isn’t it?

the game is getting fixed in 9.1.5