Am I the only one enjoying Shadowlands?

Shadowlands has rekindled my love for WoW. Not so much the storylines or anything, but in terms of gameplay I’m actually enjoying it.

I feel like I’ve achieved something on my character, which I’ve not felt since MoP really.

Although the borrowed power systems still exist through covenants and soulbinds, I think this is the most balanced I feel its been, without having to grind out quests or do anything too significant to eat into your playing time. Yes theres Torghast to get your Legendary, but thats mainly it. Ngl, I really hated the BFA borrowed power systems in comparison. Heart of Azeroth, Azerite Gear, Corruption, just garbage. Your character without these things felt useless, and all I remember doing in BFA was things I didn’t enjoy. Looking back, why I continued playing BFA I dont know. I disliked Legion for the borrowed power system introduction in the first place through Artifact weapons. Although Legions story was good, I just disliked the gameplay. Didnt like the new gearing system they added, which continued into BFA, and now its somewhat been reverted, which is great!

For me Shadowlands has been steps in all the right directions with work still needing to be done. The next expansion I hope they focus on sole class design and be rid of these borrowed power systems for good. That being said I do like the covenant abilties and the animations for them! I think fleshcraft one of the cooler ones!

But anyway, Shadowlands > Legion/BFA for me.

Happy gaming! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s good that you like it. Personally I can’t bother to log in anymore. I log in and ask myself why I’m logged in and then log out. Glad I have Classic at least.

26 Likes

I found myself doing that in BFA and Legion. Tbh, I would probably feel like that if I only had 1 character. But I usually swap around. If I have nothing to play on this one, I’ll just be leveling another or playing one of my other 60s. I tend to get 220 ilvl and feel like Ive achieved what I want. I know you can go higher, but time comparison to benefit wise I usually just level another character and gear that xD

I honestly have no opinion of Shadowlands as of now. It was just not as they promised.

Alt friendly (lies)
More customizations (allied races are crying)

Less grind (bahahahha) sure…

And don’t even get me started on the Nerfed loot

But aside from all that, it’s ok. I’m trying to manage. The fact I’m still playing means it’s somewhat good. But I hope they address the above issues fast, especially customizations. As a allied race main I don’t wanna wait till after Shadowlands, when Shadowlands itself was promised as a the base of Customizations.

Next they will say “customizations is only a Shadowlands feature” lol

9 Likes

I’m quite enjoying it as well. The exception is one character I leveled through Threads of Fate, but I suspected that would be a dreadful chore, so it only confirmed my suspicions and I had myself to blame. I have no love for the Maw, but that’s optional content anyway, even more so now that I’m done with the soul collection.

1 Like

I like Shadowlands too. As you said, it has gotten some things right, still needs to get the rest right, but ye, I am having fun playing it, and it’s better for me than Bfa and Legion.

1 Like

Even BfA was more fun…

21 Likes

Right now? i don’t like it cause there is no content and people will always hate expansion when there is no content for a long time…look at WOD.
But when there is a CONTENT to do i actually enjoy playing
First 2 months of the expansion were very good
the problem is that we are in first patch almost for 7 months that will hurt the game

1 Like

I hope some day, we will go back to good old times. Less systems, more content.

8 Likes

For a casual player like myself that my interest is random BGs , I enoyed alot SL.
Now, sincce i have reached my potential (if i put some more effort i would go to 1800 rated BGs and that would be trully my ceiling ) i find it a bit boring. I do still enjoy logging for an hour and play couple of random BGs but thats it.
I understand all those more hardcore oriented players and those that want to play more that unless they make like 10 alts they would have nothing to do in the game now…

I only care about casual pvp and I’m not having a particularly fun time doing that. I even go as far as saying it’s the worst the game has ever been for me.
So ye…
Not super enjoying SL atm… Not even playing anymore.

8 Likes

I liked it before booster season in arena brackets started :slight_smile: facing r1/glad players with full gear in 1400-1800 brackets all the time boosting others made me uninstall. It killed all the fun for me.

But other than that its a good expansion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of people are enjoying the game, but usually if you’re satisfied with something you don’t come to the forum to praise it. Otherwise if you’re dissatisfied you’ll end up crying here.

2 Likes

yeah you’re the only person enjoying shadowlands, rest of millions of people do not enjoy it, just you.

1 Like

I’m definitely not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed some of the past expansions, but I do find it playable so far (which is a far cry from the absolute garbage that was my BFA experience).

At this point it certainly feels like it’s shaping up to be another WoD, in the sense that it’s probably going to be completely forgettable and mediocre at best, but post-BFA my standards plummeted all the way to the ground and I will take mediocre over unbearable anytime.

3 Likes

it would be better i suppose if sanctum building levels+anima buffs were account wide
and to be able to send anima from main to alt same as bfa/legion war resource/order hall
by adding a vendor

2 Likes

Do you also like torghast?

I’m loving Shadowlands so far. Most of the mandatory grinds are fairly fast and easy, I can do them quick on my mains, and even completely ignore them on most alts. Repeating the covenant campaign is a bit of a bore, yes, but any kind of questing is, anyway. That’s another reason I love Shadowlands: threads of fate. Since 99% of my characters are healers or tanks, as soon as I’m through the Maw intro, I grab the aid the covenant quests, then spend level 51-60 in Oribos chain queuing for dungeons. Love it.

With very little mandatory grinds (soul ash for legendaries, pretty much; I can ignore Ve’nari rep, because at the level I play, sockets are nice, but not mandatory), I can just play the content I enjoy, and happily ignore everything else.

I don’t care about transmogs, mounts, pets and whatnot, so I do not farm Anima. I do not farm rares or chests or rep, because none of that gives me anything I want. I can log in, do keys, and enjoy 99% of the time I spend in the game. No other expansion I played prior to Shadowlands let me do that, and this feels awesome.

There’s also the mission table that supplies my mains with herbs, fish, meat and other materials, including runes. They also pay for my game time on top of all that.

Granted, there are a few things I’m not 100% happy about: conduit energy is pointless and stupid (but it rarely affects me, so don’t care much). Not being able to switch covenants back and forth as I see fit also sucks: I’d rather play Kyrian on my holy pally in pugs, but I do want to be Venthyr for team keys. I’m stuck playing pugs as Venthyr, because I can’t switch around easily.

The major problem I have with the game is actually not specific to Shadowlands, it’s been a problem since about day one: even though NPCs and racial leaders can work together, help each other, some even have fairly good relationships with each other, we, players, can’t, even though we band together each and every expansion to defeat a common enemy. This means if I want to do keys while preserving my sanity, I pretty much have to play Horde. I don’t like the Horde races. I much preferred being a Kul Tiran over being a Zandalari.

Also, the class/race restrictions could also be lifted, so I could play Mechagnome Druid in keys with my tauren friends.

3 Likes

I’d go and i never thought I’d say this but
Legion>BFA>SL.

7 Likes

I simply can’t enjoy SL without flying. There is content I am skipping such as world quests etc. simply because it is such a time waster to go from point A to point B. Even leveling is something I have stopped as I wait for flying to be introduced.