[A/N] Caravan RP - Howard's Oasis đŸ«

~General Information~

Howard’s Oasis is a home primarily for merchants. And by home, we mean following a Camel with tents and a caravan. This oasis is home to nearly anyone whom would want to call it home. From an ecstatic cheese salesman to a socialite who can provide the best crystal “healing” this side of Azeroth!

There is a somewhat unsteady peace between the Alliance and Horde at the moment! And do you know what peace is good for! Profit! We’re here and we’re ready to bring the separated factions back together by the most beautiful thing at all, buying from us.

~Goals~

A home: For Rp’ers new and old! A place where individuals can feel safe to learn lore and learn the art of Rp, or where older veterans of the game can share their knowledge and have a relaxed zone to RP with. A place without strict ranks or the like.

To encourage casual RP: Guilds are wonderful for offering events, Dm’ing the like! But sometimes we just want to focus on the social side of things! The Oasis is a location people can come and go from, to RP and just enjoy themselves, without the impending doom of death or complicated roll systems. We wish to not only bring Rp’ers to us, but to go out there, approach Rp’ers whom are stood alone or shy to interact, and give them a fun evening. Coaxing strangers to join the guild is never a priority, nor do we actively go about recruiting off the streets, we merely wish to encourage people to RP.

A place for civilian & profession RP: Not everyone in this world is a hero! We’re certainly not! We’re just a happy old caravan who adores a camel far too much. None of us are going to be wearing attires of pure gold or blessed by the Naaru themselves. No we’re just regular people, traders and craftsmen. That’s the kinda people we want to put the spotlight on within our oasis.

To meet and work with all kinds of communities: We’re not going to be going out of our way to avoid people. We want to interact with every community appropriate for our Oasis to interact with. From selling to Shal’dorei nobility, to helping the Dwarven pubs. As long as it’s suiting for us to interact with people –IC- and –Lore Wise-. We will be doing our best to do so!

~Rank System~

Rank’s within this guild are genuinely not an overall priority. Yes we have the boss Malcott Sugarplum and an officer team. But that’s it. Each person’s role isn’t determined by rank, but by how they interact with the guild and others. It’s their choice to determine their path and role in the oasis. Who are we to command what passion or storyline someone may wish to persue?

~ Our Rules ~

Whilst we’ve a discord with the majority of our rules and ways, we’ll give you the basics here. Within the oasis, members are expected to treat others, how they would themselves wish to be treated. To treat people with respect OOC. IC differences may occur and we embrace and accept that. We shall never force people to like each other, but we do expect it to be kept purely IC. The merging of IC and OOC will not be tolerated. Lore will be expected to be followed, but we understand people are new and learning. So we’re more than happy to aid with teaching lore or even RP skills, should you desire it!

It is also of course a given that we adhere to the WoW terms and conditions, and we will not tolerate any of those rules being broken.

Our only recruitment rule is that we do NOT take Demon Hunters or Deathknights at this time. Why? They don’t make good sales.

HATS! WE WEAR HATS! During work-hours! You MUST wear a HAT! Why? It’s called fashion! Howard wears a hat during work hours! And so must you!

~Location~

Azeroth is our limit! Or well, maybe Outlands too
 But that’s not the point! The fact is, we’re going to be everywhere! We are however an ALLY guild, with no Horde members at this time. So we will be in locations such as Stormwind and other Alliance zones. Sadly we will not be serving cheese in Silvermoon quite yet. Give it thirty years and who knows what lore will bring?

~ Recruitment Officers~

Whilst in time, we may develop a larger recruitment team. Currently as of now, Malcott is the only one giving recruitment interviews. HOWEVER, contact any member for an OOC chat, or come find us IC! That’s the best way to see if you’d fit in!

~Who can join?~

Anyone! Or well nearly! We’re a Caravan after all! However if you’re going to actively sacrifice us to the void, or get yourself in trouble with the law on a regular basis. You may not be the exact fit. We do what we need to do survive, but we’re in no way a criminal guild and do not enforce those ideals. But if you can get us a discount by sneaking a few things out a competitor’s store, we won’t complain.

~How to join?~

As stated above! Either contact one of us OOC, or just come find us Ic! And let RP take it’s course!

~Who is Howard?~

Howard is our camel. Our mascot. Our icon. No this is not a cult for a camel. We just like him.

~Further Questions?~

Ask in game! Towards any of us!

~Argent Archives~

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/250817

12 Likes

Hello! It is I! Victor Fane - THE CHEESE MAN!

We just want to thank everyone for coming tonight! We truly only expected two or three people at most. Yet our grand opening, held more than thirty customers in a sudden wave of people! And without any advertising or the like we were blown away!

Thank you everyone for the warmth and the passion towards buying cheese! We look forward to bringing the Oasis to people on a common basis so that they may have a fun night of social rp! And most importantly, BUY CHEESE.

https://i.imgur.com/GHpjBFm.png

2 Likes

Goodday! Me names Ussat Leatherbelly! I proovide massages - mooslty for yer pets and moonts, but I’ll gladly rub your back as well!

1 Like

Like, oh my LIGHT, Malcott. I knew you’d forget to mention that we have an Argent Archiges page. Why is it always me picking up after you guys?!

Anyway, the great Aur’eth Evengleam (ME) is offering astrology, crystal and palm readings - aswell as manicures for the more refined folk. I’m -NOT- fixing your nails if you show up with an unsalvagable mess.

It’s been a true pleasure, ta ta~

3 Likes

If you need me ask. If you don’t, Then why are you here. Unless it is a drink, or hats.
Anyways, I’d ask you keep it quick and leave the two boxes alone in the back.

There “Fragile” Sometimes I wish they wer-
Not they- It
were not that heavy. Anyways, -So whats’ your want for the order again?

2 Likes

We look forward to seeing you all at the Lunar Festival! Elune’adore and all that jazz friends!~

https://i.imgur.com/2SI61f6.png

1 Like

Thanks everyone for having us @ the Lunar Fest! We sold plenty of goods and had a blast! We look forward to seeing people next during Love is in the Air!

We’ve got some big plans coming up, perhaps even hosting some contests and the like! But for now, have a darling piece of art by our amazing dwarf! Hope to see you all soon!

https://i.imgur.com/xTQo66U.jpg

1 Like

I sadly do not look good in hats :frowning:

Now this my dear is a complete lie! Everyone looks good in a hat! And then you don’t even need to do your hair! It’s a win win!

For some otherworldly reason, my hair seems to disappear when I wear hats
 which just doesn’t look very nice!

Civilian RP is often overlooked and this looks dope, Im sure our paths will cross sometime. Best of luck <3

1 Like

I dearly hope so! That’d be lovely! We’ll keep an eye out for the Tauwahe tribe! May’haps we can even get some Tauren wisdom on matters! Or trade goods!~

Thankyou for your kind words!

1 Like

Sooo, as we’ve like, been settling in Stormwind City a little bit, making friends - experiencing things that have got us COMPLETELY SHOOK, in both a positive and maybe like, a negative way - the crew’s ITCHING to open up the caravan for lovely customers to enjoy again. Yay! Come peruse our many many wares and services when we do, and we might even have a little bit of a surprise in store for you! Like, totally awesome right? I’m HYPED. I’m THRIVING, I’m READY.

(Seriously though, hurting Malcott isn’t cool and whoever’s responsible deserves to melt into a puddle of idiot juice!)

2 Likes

The Oasis will likely be hosting once more next week! - We’ve had a few questions about recruitment so I will throw them here!

We do -NOT- accept: Ren’dorei | Ilidari | Deathknights. We do not think such people are fitting or acceptable to RP merchants within our guild due to their respective lore. We understand people may want to Rp such concepts, which is fine, but we do not have them within our own guild.

As of this current time we’re not accepting Horde members, as we’re keeping to Alliance zones. Whilst we will sell to most people for coin. The Oasis does not work with Undead and will likely be hostile on sight.

Lastly, we’re not a guild who focuses on recruitment. It is not our nature. If you -do- wish to get involved. Come RP with us! Or whisper @Malcott or @Evengleam. We want to make anyone who joins is a good fit, from both ends, so we like to RP with someone for a while before inviting them. It saves dramatics and to us, quality is much more important than numbers.

We will also mention, whilst being called ‘The Oasis’. We have no ties to the Uldum community, or any community of that mater. Nor do we have any characters themed on said concepts. The ideology is that wherever we settle, alike a mirage, you can find a beautiful retreat, a place to rest, an Oasis.

I lastly want to thank all the support we’ve gained so far IC! We may not open every week for sales, but we’re out and about RP’ing and the support and adoration we’ve gained is truly overwhelming. We look forward to hosting for you all again soon!

Until then! Lots of love,

The Oasis Family.

3 Likes

Hiii you guys. It’s like. Totally been such a long time since we’ve opened the caravan, but that’s just because we’re on a little spa breaaaak. Howard’s Oasis will be back in business very soon, and we’re all ITCHING to be nice to customers again. So like, yeah. Totally come check us out, or whatever. Byeee!

1 Like

Hi, yes! We will be. Maclott has a health issue IRL and hurt his hat. Once the hat is stitched up and worn again and back on his feet, we will be returning in force!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.