An update on all the different unheard clans and tribes within the Horde

As of now:
Frostwolf clan
Current leader: Drek’thar
not updated or heard of since Cataclysm.

Dragonmaw clan
Current leader: Gorfax Angerfang
I’m going to assume Blizzard will never update on this clan, since they did side with Garrosh and got villian batted.
Fun fact: Gorfax Angerfang is a quest NPC that’s killed by Alliance players in the wetlands, but now he’s suddenly the leader.

Warsong clan
Current leader: unknown (Gargok?)
No one knows what their current status is. They weren’t present in the attack on Ashenvale and the invasion of Teldrassil after all. I guess the writers simply FORGOT about them or their reason why they were in Ashenvale.

Blackrock clan
Current leader: unknown (maybe Eitrigg?)
Sided with Garrosh Hellscream in MoP. Were briefly introduced into the Horde during his reign.
Nobody knows if the clan completely died out.

(these are from our main universe)

Revantusk tribe
Current leaders: Primal and Elder Torntusk
Allied themselves with the Horde since Vanilla. Fought against the Wildhammer clan in the Hinterlands.
They were in Zul’dazar stating they will always stand with the Horde.

Stonemaul clan
No update since Cataclysm.
They branched out into Feralas.
Current leader: Tharg.
Last update: They sided with Garrosh Hellscream during MoP.

No update on these, would love to get an update on them.

Also characters like Overlord Angmar, Drek’thar, Nazgrel, Jorin Deadeye

Also no update on the Kor’Kron, despite Horde warriors being able to recruit them as mission followers in Legion.

4 Likes

I’d add the Grookin and Pearlfin tribes from MoP
The Shatterspear tribe was active during BFA as they had reclaimed their former lands in Darkshore but their fate following the Horde’s defeat here is unknown

1 Like

I think Blizzard just enjoys killing off things within the Horde only for them to resurrect them later on, then killing them off immediatly.

1 Like

Yes they seem to have a thing for that

Also among the ones you’ve listed, the tribes I’d reaaally like to be updated about are the Revantusk (old content, potentially crucial to the Horde) and the Stonemaul (by that stage my guess is they have chosen their new leader, and maybe even have reclaimed their village… a proper Ogre town would be neat)

Yes.
I’d love to play as one of the “buffed up” Troll models :stuck_out_tongue: Darkspear Trolls seem too lanky.
Althought they would look a lot like Orcs, I still think they’re pretty neat.

Imagine if they got their own levelling zone… proper introduction towards being playable…

1 Like

Ikr ?? When I saw the “lesser tribes” in Dazar’alor using the old troll models, I was like damn how cool would that be to play as one

1 Like

Also I see you are playing a Sandfury Troll, I wish Blizzard did more with that. I don’t remember Sanfury Trolls being part of the Horde.
Would be great if as part of their “heritage”. Darkspear Trolls would try to gain the respect of all the different kind of trolls and unite some tribes within the banner of the Horde. Unlocking all kinds of different trolls models. Would be so great.

Yea we had a similar discussion in another thread, maybe the addition of the sand troll skin tone could be justified by some sand trolls joining the Horde following the mourning of Rastakhan. Then again the inclusion of the dark troll skin tone kinda indicates that they just… don’t necessarily consider lore when adding customization options

Regarding the Darkspear uniting the Trolls under one single banner, there IS the prophecy of Vol’jin doing something like that, so…

1 Like

To me it seems like the tribal structure in Orcs within the Horde is mostly gone by now.
There was no real content for specific tribes since Cataclysm and it feels like some Orcs of all tribes followed Sylvanas and Garrosh and some fought for the Rebels in both cases.
Saurfang and Eitrigg are both Blackrock Orcs, yet one was in Orgrimmar while the other led the Siege.
The generation of Azeroth-born Orcs that grew up in internment-camps doesn’t seem to give much stock into clans, just like the united Mag’har still remember them but are now united as Mag’har.

There seems to be quite a lot of focus on clans in Maghar racial fantasy (customization, heritage armor, racials…) but honestly? You’re right. They’re united, there’s hardly any clans anymore.

Which is a shame. I always liked that aspect of their lore. Different “teams” with different aesthetics, like factions in a YA novel :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.