AnnounceRare frustrating - health figures

AnnounceRare is the only up-to-date rear announcer addon I can find, and I really like its convenience of even offering a map pin on click in chat, and it even has a config section, but what frustrates me is that it barely contains anything, and the elephant in the room is missing: message formatting. Even though it is up to date with the game version, it still shows not just health percentage, but health and max health figures, which are not that relevant with scaling tech, because they mislead if your char is below max level. Instead it would make a lot more sense to include the mob type (rare, elite, rare elite).

But I don’t know how to reformat that in the addon’s LUA script. It chains lots of %s, so it seems to expect to be fed variables in a certain order, and that’s more tricky than if it had clear var names. (But it would still not solve the mob type issue.)

Alternatively, if it is more feasible, a script would suffice, too. If you can modify the following accordingly:

/run local x,y=C_Map.GetPlayerMapPosition(C_Map.GetBestMapForUnit("player"),"player"):GetXY();SendChatMessage(format("%s %.2f%% ~(%.2f, %.2f)", UnitName("target"),(UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")*100.00),x*100.00,y*100.00),"CHANNEL",nil,"1")

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.