Another Full CGI About an Orc

Just want to mention : one more sweet cinematic from the team .
The best thing that blizz has are the art team , they rule :slight_smile:

That’s for sure. Nobody can belittle Blizz’ art team, they are just top tier.

3 Likes

Considering Teldrassil was burned to the ground and what happened in Darkshore, why are the Night Elves not centre stage? I honestly do not understand. I am a horde player obviously, but I always liked the night elves, but they have very little visibility at the moment.

Blizzard make good stories at the moment, but they’re are not enough angles. The spotlight is so narrow that in a world where there should be so much going on, it feels like there are only half a dozen characters who actually matter. Why?

The story is very heavily biased towards Orcs and always has been , they are without doubt the race all others focus story wise around, so it is no surprise that most full CGI cinematics are based around the orcs. I do think it’s a shame that other races have been neglected, when a huge game changing event happened with the burning of the world tree we got a comic style cinematic which although nice was not as nice as having a full CGI one, The potential for a really deep story around this event was there but pretty much ignored, it was in effect just used as plot device for the Banshee queen betraying the true ideals of the Horde and to lead into a story arc for Thralls return.

I like the cinematics and enjoy watching them, Orcs are not a race I play and the storylines around them have never really excited me., would just for once love to see an expansion that has no focus on orcs at all and is all about another race.

What if it didn’t?
Eventually even Alliance PC’s will be forced to help Thrall via Jaina and she will be openly operating together with the Lor’themar (Horde) in Najatar.

What if next Cinematic is about NElfs (Namely Tyrande as Elune Wrath Warrior) make ruckus about cooperating with the ones that genocided them. And it creates a split in the Alliance ranks with Anduin being Anduin - useless.

Basically Tyrande vs Jaina confrontation and Tyrande walking out of Alliance meeting with words “You’ve failed us back then, and now you act as it didn’t happen… You won’t fail us again, I will make sure of it myself.”

Boom we have a duality of faction splits / conflicts.

I’d like to point out, if it isn’t obvious already, that the cinematic itself is fantastic-- a testiment to the art team’s immense skill.

This fact makes it the more frustrating, because isn’t it really time we saw a Night Elf or some other races with a central role and some good screen time in glorious full CGI? Where you can see them emote and converse with such detail.

They build HUGE hype and rally people behind the characters in a way that just can’t be replicated in limited in-game created cinematics. How is it fair that it’s only been Saurfang, and now Thrall?

It ISN’T fair, and yes, in a game that so strongly emphasises faction loyalty, it should be fair. Absolutely the case in BfA where the faction split is so definite, we are seeing a story here from two different perspectives-- yet we’re very much seeing one much more than the other, no? (this is the point people singularly fail to recognise who falsely try and compare this to the apparent ‘Alliance’ expansion Legion. In Legion one perspective, in that we got Velen Mr Alliance; in Cataclysm we got Thrall Mr Horde).

Is it going to make me stop playing, no? Is it the case I play, and have played since vanilla, both Horde and Alliance? Yes. The point is I want a full rounded experience with equal sense of depth and context and faction pride, no matter who I’m backing at the time.

It is actually also a fair side note that Alliance players pay the same subscription, yet these fully rendered scenes cost a large amount in budget and manpower. Three in a row for Horde?

What amazes me is Blizzard’s apparent blissful unawareness to this. What, you can’t see how a Horde loyalist blushing with faction pride as well as enjoying the aesthetic and story is gaining so much more than an Alliance player who only enjoys the latter?

Oh well maybe you’re a Horde that sided with Sylvanas. Yes indeed that whole choice thing you got to make, nice you brought that up as well. Anyway you are still seeing YOUR side of the story unfold-- watching the traitors meet and angering you more because they killed two loyal Undead.

1 Like

Wasn’t the attackers undead night elves?

Blizzard is doing it for the story, if the story demanded more alliance showcase they would do it, if they take turns to please both factions the quality would drop immensely so no Thanks.

So you’re saying that the horde should deal with it if the cinematic didn’t portray what they wanted, BUT the Alliance should get what they wanted? Double standards much?

Jaina got an AMAZING Warbringers piece, it’s so good it’s insane.

The horde got to learn that we just shot ourselves in the foot because our Commander, an orc who has been through MANY wars with a huge amount of experience, someone who should know that if he left Malfurion alive the aftermath would be a meat grinder that probably ends in the decimation of the horde but he went lulz no muh honor! and then our leader went from a cunning calculator to a mustache twirling cartoon villain.

The story sometimes is with you ( Thrall ), sometimes against you, sometimes you get much and sometimes you get nothing, demanding to get more representation just for the sake of equality will just reduce the quality, and the quality is already top notch so let’s not taint it please, it’s one of the very few things that everybody collectively praises and loves.

And before you hit me with the you only say that because you play horde, I’ll say spare me, Horde was basically nonexistent besides the 7.0 patch in legion, we’ve been there.

That’s a very decent brief summary of Sylvanas storyline :smile:

You either die as a hero
Or live long enough to become a mustage villain

1 Like

Jaina got a Warbringers animation? Well there’s two things you forgot to mention with that. One, it’s not a full CGI; two, it’s not the only Warbringer animation is it?

Yes, starting the pattern with your astonishing fail after fail.

No, they were Undead (Hint: Night Elves have long ears, and they’re tall).

The quality would drop immensely? You realise that is just a fart in the wind statement? Why? This isn’t a damn novel Bob, it’s a computer game and in BfA it is telling a story from two perspectives. Again, need I remind you that Alliance pay the same subscription fee.

“So you’re saying that the horde should deal with it if the cinematic didn’t portray what they wanted, BUT the Alliance should get what they wanted? Double standards much?”

That doesn’t even make sense, but I’ll try to pick apart the incoherent mess. The point is you ARE GETTING CGIs. There is a damn chance to ‘deal with it’ because there are investments in story extant. For Alliance, well there is void.

Perhaps it is beyond you that having difficulty accepting what’s going on is actually a richness in story? Something for you to get emotional and invested in?

Oh I give up.

Nightborne were Alliance then at the start of Legion? They were the big feature and story of the first half of Legion. NOTHING in that expansion was Alliance or Horde story, because both factions worked together for the same goal. People really do harp on about that ONE damn zone Val’Sharah don’t they? Yea, Tyrande and Malfurion adventures, but you know yet again they are fighting Xavius, not the Horde-- it’s not an Alliance tale. Out of 7 Legion zones one is tenuously Alliance (you know Night Elves separated by all this time aren’t really Alliance; or maybe the Orcs in Outland are Horde as well then?)

If you look at the history of the game I think you’ll find the balance between Alliance and Horde heroes ‘doing hero stuff’ is pretty even. Well, that’s until you get to BfA where Blizzard take the yellow liquid with showing so much more of the Horde side of things.

Even the only hint of valid criticism with Turalyon and Alleria - being Alliance - they are entirely fighting against the Burning Legion. They in no way are progressing an Alliance story.

Now please list all of the expensive and fancy full CGI cinematics those Alliance characters got in Legion? and yes it does actually bloody well matter, if you see the reactions and hype these generate. They are on another level to in-game ones which aren’t even close to a short movie.

It most certainly should be the case that it switches perspective with each one. First you get Saurfang; then you get Anduin (as in a central role not a vehicle for Saurfang again) or Tyrande; then back to Saurfang again.

You know, kind of like how actual films work. They generally feature more than one character’s point of view, you know?

Honestly, as an Alliance patriot…I do love the Orcs. Easily the best part of the Horde and I’ve yet to get tired of their stories and the current Orc characters in the lore.

Is it ok for humans to have orc wives? When will interfaction, interracial marriage be normal in Azeroth?

Wasn’t Garona exactly that? Half-Orc with a Human father and Orc mother?

half draenei, apparently.

A retcon I bet.

EDIT: Aye yes according to Wiki Half-Draenei, in the game that is.

Well, I’ll go with what the film say - which is what I originally stated - because I’d rather stick with something fixed, not the Wheel of Retcon that Blizzard like to play every couple of months.

What annoys me, is that the nightelf revenge for losing their homelands and most of their population is getting to kill a random valkyr and having several of their heroes turned into “praise sylvanas” undead slaves…

You know I’d have no objection if that was shown in a full CGI, or that event was shown with greater screen time and with more depth.

It’s not the events or nature of the stories that bother me, it’s the actual quantity difference increasing patch by patch. Alliance ARE just getting less.

Thing is you look at so much of BfA, and it looks like there’s a serious issue with the decision making team. This is probably just one casualty of it.

the alliance will not get any love unless someone like Arthas comes along.

the problem with two factions is that one faction will need a rebel that will be the main villain of the story and plot. on the horde side, it is sylvanas.

this is a horde based storyline. no need for alliance unless they are gonna team up later on in the story.

Right now we are seeing orcs and horde teaming up to overthrow sylvanas, alliance are not needed for this.

If we really want some horde and alliance cgi action then we need a plot/story based on fighting some new evil and forget about the whole Horde vs Alliance drama.

Sounds more like lack of creativity to me.

How about a CGI of Anduin having nightmares about the attack on Daz’ralor? Then he wakes up and walks out into the courtyard to consider his internal struggles but the knowing that he must fight to the bitter end to defeat Sylvanas? Making some kind of big decision for another coming battle.

Oh that was hard, yea maybe not an amazingly original 3 minute sequence but you know I thought it up in 1 minute.

How about one with Tyrande travelling around the world to find allies to take back Darkshore proper? Or perhaps even her own attempts to make a direct attack on Sylvanas. Because Blizzard, oi Blizz, Night Elves didn’t actually get any revenge did they, because that is contested still.

Oh that was hard.

How about showing Calia Menethil doing something? Returning to Arathi and making plans, contemplating…

There are ENDLESS things they can do besides Orc Orc Orcity Orc-Orc.

Anyone have at a guess as to what character will feature in the 4th CGI?

You know people will look back this expansion - if it continues its present course, and why wouldn’t it? - and realise “Oh yea, it’s was pretty weak being Alliance back then wasn’t it?”. At the moment they’re blown away and impressed by the quality of these cinematics.

I am also-- but you know I really do think I can compliment the art team on the superb quality of their work, and simultaneously see how this really isn’t a fair distribution of resources given how this is not only a game which strongly encourages faction division and pride, but doubly so in an expansion that clearly divides the factions with two distinct perspectives on the story.

it always the fans that knows how to correct the story scenes and how they would deal with the CGI situation.

do you remember in legion when alliance got a scene with Anduin and the horde was upset? they wanted their own scenes on how the horde are coping with sylvanas and if any tribe leader wasn’t happy about her leading the horde?

In a way, blizzard’s only focus is the gameplay and endgame. when it comes to Scenes it feels one sided.

the only time when we get something for both faction are the novels. I was actually interested to see Christie Goldens work for BFA cause I heard she gonna take part in the writing. but maybe it’s not easy as it was in books.

Even from a Horde perspective it’s boring.

Orc, Orc, Orc… everything has to be Orc. Can we get some Undead and Tauren stuff?

Then you look at Alliance, and they’re not even getting anything

I’ve seen it and to be honest it’s not left a good taste in my mouth. Also what bothers me and this is not about it being good which it is is this constant need to get Thrall back in when things are not going well. This to me stinks of a attempt to distract people away from the issues that the game has by putting him in the thick centre of it all again.

I also am not a fan because it became more and more obvious when he was around that the Green Jesus complex was becoming more and more evident. I know that Chris Metzen was responsible for the lore of the game but it still feels like to me that he’s allowed back as thrall because no one wants to say to him Thrall is not some kind of Messiah figure.

I also have to ask if he is voicing Thrall is this at the expense of other lore characters or leaders. Thrall left the Horde and should stay out of the conflict and as I have stated not be bought back when things are not as peachy as they use to be for the game over all. I think it’s a case of bringing him back so they can slip in stuff we don’t want whilst he’s distracting us. The phrase “A good day to bury bad news” comes to mind. I personally hope he’s not going to be carrying the Horde story line forwards through the expansion because that would prove to me that Blizzard is desperate not to lose face given all the mixed feelings over BfA thus far.