Another legendary ilvl added, another goldsink, Unsubbed

I am currently enjoying my alt resto shaman that i picked up during the christmas holiday. It has the wrong leggo (farmed it in s1), the wrong covenant and a mix of 200-226 conduits. Still timing 15’s.

I guess you want a 2nd main. Not an alt. Which i do understand though. Like i said; i don’t support anything of the leggo and conduit systems at all. It is killing multi-spec play and alt-play.

For alts its not needed unless you plan to push above 15+ or aim for top 100 ali or horde or top 1% pvp you can easily use a rank 1 2 3 or 4 on alts the difference in stats is so small.

Edit

The main reason for Legeis is the effect and the 2 stats you place on there.

1 Like

This Post is like the explanation of my complain.
Well done.

And yes, if you want to be revelant you have to upgrade them,
Cause you might get into a m+ group,
They inspect you, and then say goodbye to you lol.
And if you have alts,
They will need legos too, so,
Yeah, if you dont want to get kicked you have to upfrade all.

1 Like

To be fair the difference between the ranks on legos is aweful. Most classes you’re looking at a wopping 0.50% total increase per level. Some classes might be more but most I’ve simmed get about 0.50-0.75% increase per 1 total ilevel. It’s not going to change your game in the slightest unless you push extremely high content.

It’s more FOMO and boosting ilevel to get in content which sucks.

1 Like

Another ilvl of legos will be added in 9.2, I’m already out of gold, and have no means to farm a million gold for alts again,

Then you haven’t been playing anyway. If you would’ve done your daily mission table and callings, you’d be swimming in gold.

I’m terrible at making gold, and I’ve easily made a few millions in 9.x from mainly just playing game and doing mission table + callings on 1.5 characters on average. Now that I’m doing that on 3 characters, I make about 25k a day with little to no effort, takes maybe 30~40 minutes a day max.

Yes this is not the case for new players, however new players won’t be needing the most expensive gear anyway, they’ll have time to build their way up. The item level difference between the best, and the cheapest, won’t make a huge difference vs not having the legendary at all.

1 Like

I was kinda hoping they’d just make rank 7 acquirable in another way. But they decided to stick with the old rank 4 recipes being required.

The insane gold costs just feel bad to me. I mean upgrading a legendary pretty much feels the same as crafting a new legendary since the soul ash and soul cinders are nothing compared to the raw gold cost.

And to everyone that says “Just use lower ranks”.

Yes, you could easily do that. But it honestly just feels bad. These are the “legendary items” after all. They shouldn’t be worse than the normal gear.

And also keep in mind that Rank 5,6 and now 7 all require the materials of the rank 4 base item, so the people will be inclined to rather craft the new rank 7 items and sell those, making rank 4 items more expensive aswell.

1 Like

Wait, i am missing a lot of gold gains apparently. I am getting 1500-2000 gold per calling and like 500 gold per mission board per day. Do that on 3 chars and i get 7500 gold, not 25k :open_mouth:

1 Like

My only gripe is that leveling the crafting itself for the base item is atrocious. I’ve tried it with 1 single piece in 9.0 and it was a day job to farm all the mats, and even then it wasn’t worth it because selling the mats gave me more money while also letting me buy the base item off the AH.

That said, if you want to make money, you can level the craft. If you don’t want to spend money, you can farm the mats, sell them, then buy the base item.

I don’t really see an issue with this system, as you’re free to level the craft yourself if you don’t want to pay.

Each gold mission alone already gives 350 gold, and I have days with 4~5 of those gold missions. Then there are missions that give you crafting mats, which can be sold on the AH for roughly the same in sum, usually between 250~400. Then there are augment runes, which I get about 8 on average per day, though usually it fluctuates between 5~13 with exceptions to 14~15. They sell for ~150 each.

So on 3 characters that’s an average of 4200 gold per day from just the gold missions. If I take an average of 350 gold for a bag of materials as well with 3 bags, that’s about 3150 on 3 chars. Then there’s the augment runes which is easily 3500 a day on 3 chars, that’s already a total of 10850 for a single MT round on 3 chars. Now do this twice a day (I do it after work and before bed, so about 6h apart), minus some slower missions, let’s average on 7k, so 17~18k total from the MT alone. Now 3 chars with 1700 from the callings, making it around 23k.

On top of that there are some mission tables that yield gear (vendor it), world quests that give a bunch of gold, chests etc (pick wisely for your calling). Note that I do not sell herbs/cooking mats so I can craft my own potions/food.

On top of all that, there are a bunch of extra ways to make some quick money:

• Korthia crystals sell for 500~800, you can get 1 or 2 a day I believe?
  • Weekly stuff
    • Tormentors of Torghast
    • jailers advance thingy in the maw
    • 2x covenant calling
  • world quests that give you 800 gold for completing, which are usually only a few minutes of work
  • spend your valor and buy the hide box for 10 callous hides. last week I spent 19k valor and got 72k gold in return.
  • Queens Conservatory, gives a nice bunch of extra consumables to sell/use

You can also save a lot of time and money by taking engineering (wormhole) and alchemy (big save on flasks), and use alts to craft consumables. I’m sure there are more ways of getting some quick gold though.

1 Like

They are adding a new currency called Cosmic Flux that you can use to craft/upgrade legendary items.

They haven’t said if it is catch-up only or if it can be used to upgrade to the new max level.

I hate the current system, I think it’ll only get worse if it continues.

are you going to do

because if not alts dont need them its a you problem.

Not to be rude but you do not raid high or do KSM or top arena/pvp so you are putting un needed stress on yourself.

Yeah I want to keep my gold for 10.0 so I decided to drop out in 9.1

Okay so I have 2 screenshots of 2 of my mission tables that I just did, 3rd char is a lot lower on the current covenant so it’s not as rich as these 2.

My DH (main): troops are like 47 or 48: https://i.imgur.com/1GHAJWl.png
My Warrior (alt): Troops are like 53 or 54: https://i.imgur.com/mXk9jYX.png

Note that I don’t really spend too much time and effort in the mission tables. If I would do this a few times throughout the day instead of just after work/before bed, it would probably yield more. If I get up in time in the weekend I can sneak in a few more missions each day.

My resto sham that I never play, is still running around with a 235 legendary from 9.0. Timed a few +17~18 keys in 230~232 ilvl. Can confirm that it certainly helps, but not required.

Edit: +18 and +19 timed at ilvl 231 with 235 legendary during a grievous week :woman_shrugging:

This :100: even for things like KSM it isn’t required, just a nice addition. If you can’t get KSM with a 235 legendary, you can’t get it with a higher ilvl either.

If you kept playing you’d have more gold than you’d have to spend in 9.2

1 Like

The way it is currently on the PTR the cosmic flux is your new legendary crafting currency (like soul ash and soul cinders).

To upgrade the rank 6 legendary you need 2000 cosmic flux and a rank 7 base item.

2 Likes

:sob: Kill… me…

Not really, because all those sources of gold I stopped actively chasing in BFA (the world quests, table missions and the likes) so I ALREADY wasn’t doing any of those for over a year when SL came out and I never had any intent to do them ever again
You might say, go do them then, to which I say, I’d rather play a different game then do world quests or subject myself to any other current open world content because I enjoy none of it

Doesn’t mean I don’t like other aspects of the game in case I get asked why I still play then, I’m happy to RP and if the game goes back to it either not expecting you to pull out a credit card for gold or subject yourself to mindnumbing intelligence breaking excitementless open world content for hours on end I’ll gladly pick up doing dungeons with friends again

Until then I just RP

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I was almost done with KSM by the time I got the healing legendary (I did KSM as resto), as I got the Balance one first because I figured it helps me speed up solo content such as Torghast more.

And when inspecting others when doing successful +15’s a lot of them were still sing the rank 4’s. It really isn’t that much of a requirement.

2 Likes

So you already spent one hour from your day, to do the chores,
Then maybe you can actualy start playing,
Lol,
See, this is the problem…
Not talking about the other systems and systems and systems in systems …
Lol

Not really. I spend 10~15 minutes when I log in to do mission tables on 3 characters, which is enough for 18k~20k gold a day. the rest of the time is callings, which may or may not take a little bit longer. Some callings are done in 5~10 minutes per char, some take less, some take more. I usually combine this with catching up with content creators so I barely even play, just auto-pilot.

You’re bragging about logging in to auto pilot and be mentally absent from a game that should be fun?

Yowzer.

1 Like

I’m bragging on how easy it is to get gold without even trying. Easy enough to do it on auto-pilot while I’m doing other stuff.

Never said it was fun, I said it was easy.