Any merge in plans?

Like said in the title, I was wondering if any merge is planned for this server?

It is no secret that this server is still to this day very much dead. Players are returning but at extremely low numbers. Leveling is becoming an absolute pain with no players around, not even for dungeons. Max level is not that much better with group finder. The RP is absolutely dead Horde side, only the non-english guilds are active. As for Alliance one, I see it being -very- occasionnal.
At first I thought they’d have merged the server with a PvE server, and even though I am guessing it’ll be unlikely, I still think it’d be best for the server’s sake. They’ve already noticed shut down all of the other RP servers for the same reasons, I thought this one would’ve met the same fate.

1 Like

I doubt they will do anything of that sort. They wanted to, but then decided to keep HW open due to the considerable backlash.

1 Like

Backlash? People didn’t want HW to merge? But how is that going to help with the server’s activity?
I find this so disappointing…

1 Like

There were free transfers to HW from all European servers, but they closed them in favor of transfers off HW to Lakeshire. Blizzard thought that everybody from Celebras and Zandalar Tribe would come play here, but they were wrong - only some few did. I do hope they open free transfers to HW again, instead of just announcing them (Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available-- Updated 22 November). Maybe that will help somewhat. I have read of a few people wanting to come.

1 Like

We can only hope.
For now the server is at a terrible state even with Celebras and Zandalar Tribe merges… An average of ~40 active players on Alliance, and 10 on Horde… never seen lower, although there’s already been lower apparently from what I’ve been told, half a year ago.

No, server is just fine. Do you think you have hard time leveling? Go to overcrowded server and then try to get mobs you need for your quests and then come back…
I was on Pyrewood server before and it took me more than 1 hour for every quest to get enough kills/items to finish up a quest.
No thank you for that kind of experience!!! If they merge that server and population will go up too much I will just stop playing again, because this is not retail where everyone can tag a mob and get experience and loot. Here you tag it and no one else will get anything from that mob, then it is only around 5min wait queue for you if you are lucky and not some dumba$$ will come and steal a mob again… and then all over 5min and more of waiting…
Never again I want to play on any server that has population more than medium!

1 Like

I understand the concern about a high population but Hydraxian’s dangerously low. I have to sometimes wait an entire day -if I even have the time for that- to find a group for one simple dungeon. And that’s simply not enjoyable.
Some questlines I cannot finish because there’s no one around…
Anything that demands another player is basically not possible to achieve when it comes to leveling.

Are you on the HW discords? People there are very nice and will help you, if need be.

1 Like

May I get the link for the discord?

Sure, all of them! :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t! I thought it was no more, I was mistaken.

Free Transfers to HW are now up and running from Gehennas, Golemagg and Firemaw!

2 Likes

Hydrax will stay as the only EU RP server. Even though the community is small, there is a demand for this distinctive server type where:

• RP happens.
  • People are more respectful to each other than generally in WOW.
  • Paid dungeon boosting and gdkp is not accepted.
  • Civil conversations take place. Usually even in full sentences.
  • Everybody knows each other and players who disturb the positive atmospere will be remembered.

It comes at the expense of not being able to find a dungeon group at any time of the day or the night and of having to network over discord servers ect. for trade, ect.

Players have a choice which kind of server they want to play on.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.