Any plans for an official solo 'Party Sync' and how you can in 8.2.5 right now!

Nope game systems can’t be copyrighted. Otherwise most games would have been in trouble. They can’t copy the code (obviously) however.

Blizzard definitely like to do their own twist/interpretation of systems IMO.

1 Like

First things first, fix the scaling. Because that 1-60, 60-80, 80-100, is a stupid idea. You could make everything 1-100, and it would work, and be a lot better than it is today.

1 Like

Fully agree.

Disagree with this. Voluntary character scaling is only option where no one suffers. Having 1-100 scaling would ruin whole part of going back to older content and nuking it just for heck of it (or to grind mats or such). People do it already while leveling not just on max level.

1 Like

tbh, they should make voluntary character scaling too

2 Likes

This is most likely just a bug. Because I remember reading when party sync was first introduced that you should have been only able to repeat each quest once per day and not as many times as you want over and over. This lockout does not seem to work currently.

Just one thing I’d like to add, something I experienced myself: go back to your second client once every 30 mins to make sure you don’t get logged off. If you are logged off, Party Sync will stop and the synced quests will either disappear (if you are replaying quests) or locked (if you are doing the quests for the first time).

You can replay the same quests again after 24 hrs.

Yes I have been doing the same, will edit the post with some extra info :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hate the scaling zones as it is now.
I always wanted a scaling option but what we got wasn’t it.
I would love to see the party sync feature turn into a zone sync solo feature and replace the awful scaling zones we have now.

2 Likes

Another alternative would be to let us scale the world content to 120. Could be an opt in feature, or something ONLY accessible to max level characters. My goal isn’t to do Outland at 60, but to do the content at a relevant level to me.

Scaling the world to max is what they should have done from the go.

The current system only delayed the issue of having to leave the zone you want to be in after one questline, to having to leave the expansion you want to be in after one zone.

But then the lower level players aren’t correctly scaled.

When you enable Party Sync and your level is lowered to 60 or 80 or 90 or whatever, your level matches that of other players questing in that zone. Of course, there is the possibility that a lvl 20 char runs in a scaled-down lvl 60 player, but that possibility already exists.

No. This would have ruined the last scraps of feeling of getting stronger when leveling. It also would have completely removed the possibility to go back to lower level dungeons and raids as solo to hunt some transmogs or just getting some fel of nostalgy (and there is lot of people doing that as their leisure time activity).

Voluntary character scaling is only way to go to offer whole world content for both facerolling for old loot and for normally achieving current items and xp. It has no downside and everyone can keep on playing the way they wish.

3 Likes

When i played eso it felt like i was getting stronger as i leveled, even though the world scaled. In GW2 i also felt myself get stronger, even as the world scaled.

The issue isn’t that the world scales with the character, the issue is that wow’s implementation ends up giving us a a sinusoidal wave of character strength from expansion to expansion, where we peak at the last patch of the expansion and bottoms at the max level of the most recent one. A symptom of the never-ending gear mill. Then there is levelling a new character in which we stop gaining any new tools past level 80.

What blizzards need to do is to figure out a way our stats like haste and crit doesn’t decline while levelling up. Something which is especially noticeable through the last levels.

Which has been a huge mistake on blizzard part. WoW has 14 years of content. Yet the vast majority of it can be rushed through in less than a week… Solo.

They are slowly amending it with the timewalking raids, though unfortunately they seem to refrain from actually adding new transmog while doing so which would incentivize people in doing those raids. Then there is the fact that we get forced to do the entire raids in one sitting.

That is why I suggested it to be an opt-in max level feature only. You’d keep the sense of progression if you could enable and disable the scaling more or less on your whim.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.