Any populated server not filled with GDKPS?

Is there any decently populated server that isnt 95% GDKPS and boosts? I’m on Gehennas atm, and its a total sh*tshow with alll gdkps and boosts etc. So fkn boring and braindead to be there.

Is there any server that have nearly no GDKPS but still a healthy population? Wanting to switch server for WotlK

4 Likes

Nope.

Depends on what do you consider by healthy population. For me, 3-5k players is just fine…
I guess smaller servers have less gdkp and boost, less spam in general

PvE realms maybe. But right now a lot of people are burned out with TBC so at max they are running Sunwell and nothing else. If you want to join and gear from older raids then it will be harder as it’s quite hard to find PUGs or guilds that clear old content regularly - and why GDKP is so high.

Current gear will get overridden soon with new expansion so you can take it easy. There will also be FRESH realms at prepatch that can be more sane for a while, but it’s a risk they end up with low pop or monofaction. PvE realms seems to keep the population and are smaller so resources have better availability.

Yes, the PvE servers. Pyrewood’s LFG chalnneli s full, but no GDKPs in the 10 minutes I let it run.

Not really as GDKP is the meta. You’re stuck joining a guild and raiding with them or looking for the odd SR run.
Perhaps fresh but likely will end up with the same meta.

Plenty of guild recruiting on my server as they’re still 4/6 SWP. Maybe join a guild rather than trying to join pugs?

I’d go to the wotlk fresh server if you haven’t invested a lot of time into alts and gold farming etc on Gehennas. It should be better than the current live servers for the majority of P1 at least, but in the end it will end up like any other realm with RMT infested GDKPs taking over the show. But at least you can have fun for a couple months.

1 Like

It is super easy to get a raid going if you run with SR instead of GDKP.
If you dont want to raid with a guild just make your own PuG raids.

PvE servers are your best option, not completly free of GDKPs but a whole lot less than on the mega servers, on Mirage we only really have one group of people running GDKPs and that makes it so that LFG chat is not full with advertisements of it

1 Like

Some people are way too busy gigachads IRL to play the game on fixed schedules.

There’re very little GDKP runs on Golemagg.

Earthshaker seems low on GDKP runs as well.

So they expect other people to be at their beck and call with pugs ready for them to join whenever they feel like? Good luck with that lol.

Truth is, if GDKP did not exist, those groups will not magically be regular pugs. Most of them will simply not happen at all, and the ones that did, without the geared/skilled people to organize and pull the weight, will not be smooth at all, if even they will clear the entire raid. Even most SR pugs occur at a fixed date and time and not randomly through the day.

So if you think that removing it will suddenly populate with SWP SR pugs going all day long, that will simply not happen

Retail raids are way more mechanically complex and PUGs clear them all the time no problem. I’ve progressed heroic CN with nothing but PUGS.

With WOTLK items levels will be more or less stabilized and as long as person has good enough ilvl raids should be fairly smooth.

Of course, what do you mean? New faces are always needed in GDKPs to contribute to the pot. You wouldn’t want the same people in every run or the pot is in danger. That’s where dad gamers with a fat credit card come in WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE and they are VERY welcome.

GDKP organizers and raid leaders are not making the runs for charity, you know. They take huge cuts of the pot for their effort. Those “geared/skilled people to organize and pull the weight” are getting payed vastly for that.

Sadly, there are zero high pop (over 5k) servers that don’t have GDKP ( that system is brought to us from private server players). A NORMAL pop server is 5k, which is totally playable ( that was the norm back in the day). Find a server that size and call it home <3 Don’t believe the smoke and mirrors that is ‘mega’ servers–those numbers are skewed due to gdkp/bot/gold sellers. Good luck and have fun with wow <3

1 Like

What exactly are you replaying to? Cause that quote was related to your argument that some people don’t have the time to play on a scheduled time, and complain that they can’t join a guild so instead they expect pugs (not gdkp’s) to be ready for them whenever they have free time.

Yeah I’ve heard about ppl selling full sunwell run for 250 euros now. So maybe the time of gdkp is soon over :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.