Any tips for current affixes?

The whole spread but don’t spread is really not something I’m good at. Sanguine and quaking forcing us to spread, causes lots of unwanted agro because we have no space to spread, and being void week, can’t really hide properly because we constantly have to spread.

Any tips for this week? Tried freehold 12 with my usual group, wiped 3 times before the first boss while we timed it without issues last week.

1 Like

Only tip i can give is for ranged to hug the wall in tight places like tol dagor and waycrest. That way half of the quaking circle is inside the wall :woman_shrugging:t3: Its a :poop: week. And get a quaking weak aura to see when its about to hit, makes it a little easier to plan things like shroud and skips with invis pots.

Ooooh a weak aura is a really good idea, haven’t thought of that!

I have one called quaking bar, its handy so u dont have to waste buff food aswell :laughing:

Ugh yeah wasting food is the worst tbh! Main problem we had was 3 melee, but this is not something we can get around to as we simply don’t have more ranged in this group :frowning:

Yeah, tried UR last night with full melee group (except me obviously), it was horrible :laughing: but usually takes some runs when there’s a new week to get the hang of the affixes for us since we dont really play alot, so we get rusty.

Pro Tip: Do something else this week :smiley:

I can’t because I still have to get a +10 done on 2 characters, otherwise no weekly chance of TF, and no TR for my next 450 part.

Don’t stack too many melees. Then you can easily zerg them down before they finish the 2nd cast => no need to hide and should be easy enough to spread.

I do wonder why “we” struggle so much with these affixes tho.

Most of our group are melee, we can’t magically turn ranged.

One cast going off with a badly timed mob hit/AoE or quake and this the void AoE kills us, even if it’s the first hit. On top of that, not sure how I’m supposed to have DPS cooldowns for every voidie if it’s void week :smile:

Because “we” play in a group and it’s not a solo instance?

Hello, I am a bit late to the party but to give my own advices:
This affix combo is pretty tought, well any void week feels like a burden compared to the others two …
As team comp I won t advise more than 2 melee dps, quacking make taking 3 melee character hasardous, especially on narrow dungeons such as TD or waycrest. But it remains possible
As general advice for sanguine + void, prefers to kite away the pack far from the void if possible, so you won t have to deal with its extra damage. If it s not possible, hard focus void & don t tank adds in spot where you suppose to hide or on top of the void itself ( so it doesnt drop sanguine in the most horrible places). Ideally, on this scenario, you don t want to kill any mobs before the void dies

FH void as tons of void in it, but the unskipable ones are not that bad: there is either a very convenient los, or you can drag mobs far with ease

I could go into more details about how I do my route in FH void as tank if you wish

Less experienced groups tend to treat the void 2 ways:

1. Like a nuclear bomb that must be LOS’d at all costs. This isn’t true. Focus it down, eat the first cast, it won’t hurt if you are over 50% health. If a second cast is going to go off pop a defensive.
    or;
  2. Like a regular trash mob that they happily aoe while it gets infinity casts off and kills people.

Decide before hand, if you are going to nuke it then nuke it. You can’t have half the group wussing out and LOS’ing because then it just takes longer to kill and you have more chance of dying.
If you are going to LOS then LOS properly. It just seems to me its this half and half stuff that kills people.

3 Likes

That’s how I do it as well, take the first, hiding from that only will slow down taking it down…then Def CD, if she hasn’t died already. Ofc depending on the group she has close to her…just take the group down elsewhere, then go for her. It’s still a non-fun affix week, at least imo :smiley: . I rely on pugs mostly, and I’ve seen a lot of stupid things, people still do after all this time.

Take classes that have either a knockback, or a pull of mobs :smiley: that being said, I notice I am not that class :smiley:

On my DH I can take 2 casts without too many issues so I facetank through it. Problem comes when the AoE kills trash too fast next to the void :frowning: There are also places you can’t LoS, making low DPS groups a problem.

Managed to complete a ML+11 yesterday with 3 melee in total, wasn’t the smoothest run, but we timed it! But oh boy do those affixes suck… Masterminds that 100% refuse to move out of sanguine pools with no space to out-range/LoS them, getting transmuted into goo and deciding to run through pools, no spce to run out quaking because you’ll agro another pack (can’t wait for 8.3… :frowning: ) etc…

Another thing I really noticed that was causing problems (primarily in shrine), was that people don’t interrupt the casters so they run out of sanguine pools. Sadly these kind of affixes make certain classes mandatory. Having a DK with you makes sanguine almost a non-issue with ranged mobs, while not having one can easily cost you minutes extra in a run.

The quaking weak aura was really useful, so thanks again for that tip!

1 Like

Well, for the mastermind, you can make them move: you have to move out of melee range, but not too far. Some mob have this bizzare-ish property of moving only if you sidestep slowly so they will try to follow you

For the goo the cast should never pass, stunning it won t make the mob recast it I believe, so any CC, displacement do the job. If it pass, the healer should be ready to dispell it

But yeah overall ML is really not the nicest dungeon on sanguine, many mobs that may afk on sanguine & potential involuntary pull due to people sidestepping sanguine carelessly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.