Anyone actually been on beta?

They don’t give Beta to best players. They give Beta to streamers who know nothing.

1 Like

they said they will balance and tune since vanilla, we are still waiting.

On a more serious note:
Their beta is always completely out of whack, people say “it is only beta” then it is "it is only prepatch "then Season 1 is completely broken for several weeks / months then in S2 they will implement new broken trinkets / set bonus / legendary / stupid systems to break the just restored “balance”

They said over a week ago they will do tuning, meanwhile nothing happened and many talents are still bugged as well and straight up not working.
3 weeks till prepatch is not exactly tons of time

on a more more serious note: LOL

1 Like

is mage broken at anything, plz say yes

It’s been the same pattern for so many years that it’s safe to say that they’re treating PvP balance as a thing to deal with after using the actual release of the content as a public beta test, after the supposed beta is already over and done with. Same with PTR when it’s the middle of expansions.

Hard to say why, but I’m guessing it’s because they don’t use what people say as a source for what to look at, and probably rely on an internal system that flags statistics and events for them to use as a guiding light. But that’s just wild speculation, could be anything really.

What I’m hoping is that if Microsoft manages to clear the scrutiny of market regulators worldwide for the purchase of ABK, then hopefully they’ll be motivated to take the role of “knights in shining armor” (figuratively speaking) and identify this chronic problem with PR that Blizzard has had and deal with it, and use that to kickstart changes in the lackluster procedures they follow to tune the game.
Because it’s pretty darn clear that it’s ingrained as a fixed protocol to not use testing-data to tune PvP to a satisfactory degree, and it’s really hurting the relationship Blizzard has with their consumers that PvP. It’s like they’re intentionally launching broken things sometimes, just to see what the data will look like by using live servers as inofficial beta testers.

On the one side I get it, they may think that the test data from this few players is just not enough to balance (their fault anyways).
This would be more or less valid for smaller imbalances but the huge gaps we have on beta are mainly cause that they seem to balance around pve DPS and that looks from my dummy tests actually fairly balanced.

Most classes I test played (roughly) ended up at around 40k dps. Certainly there were burst spikes of 80k dps.
The issue is that DPS are irrelevant (mostly) in pvp and all that matters is burst, utility, cc and survivability. They seem not to look at those from a pvp perspective and that is why there will be absolutely nothing balanced.

Why they distribute DPS in that way, I have no idea. I mean why stormstrike hits for 10k but ele blast hits for 250k. Can they not just distribute dmg? What will happen in their peanut brain is nerfing ele blast to 80k dmg and buff stormstrike to 15k and then wonder why dps will be bad and tell you wait till next patch.

We be good. :sunglasses:

balancing for pve is just plain dumb, because at the end of the day, if all classes do the exact same dps, and you thionk thats balance, then there is class utility, tankiness and other things that don’t get considered, and even if there were NONE of these things, a caster freecasting without moving doing the same dps of a melee that has to move and dodge things will make the game impossible in a pvp scenario, where the caster has to moive dodge fake cast and get cced, and the melee just pops all his cds and charges in nonstop

no hyperthermia? it;s like random combust ;p

I had a ret paladin in my group doing 70k dps Single target lol.

While I am positive that Blizzard will NOT balance things properly (but they don’t have to, what matters is how fun things are), OP, your posts lately have been nothing but producing hysteria and it is almost like you want to be disappointed, which is why you are freaking over Elemental Blast hitting almost three times people’s HP and you expect that to go live?

Some caution is healthy of course, but it is not just that numbers are not tuned on beta. They are completely bonkers, and OBVIOUSLY need cleaning up.

So no real reason to stress, it won’t do you any good anyway.

No. This build has nothing random in it. Just pure burst and CC. We can template to other versions, which include can Time Anomaly, Pyromaniac and SKB. Test variances by all means after prepatch. :yum:

just testing pvp builds. maybe consecration build or some other rubbish is out of line

ah btw great tuning round today to increase the dmg of the one shot of dhs and try to hide it by not mentioning it in the patch notes haha

What is their one show? I know the Hunt does a lot of total tamage, but not enough to oneshot on its own. The hunt + decree would normally do the trick against some though.

Have no fear! They just nerfed shadow priest mind blast by 20% damage, so now DF will be fine!!!

yea hunt + decree and they just buffed decree
very easy to land anyways with all the cc they got now.

Aside from that a simple death swept (5s cd) hits for 80k as well eheh

I can tell you what’s the problem. I said it multiple times already but I don’t mind explaining it again. The problem is damage breakdown. There are too many CDs and micro CDs in the game. Through all these years Blizzard kept adding CDs to the point your baseline spells do literally nothing. On the other hand when you pop everything you one tap people in 1 global. Some CDs are also doubling the damage of your spec overall. Think about Wings, Enha Ascendance, Incarn, DH Meta and few others. This is an extremely unhealthy design for a PvP mode because what it means you’re a god for few seconds but then when your big spells are on CD you’re laughable. Unless this is going to change retail PvP will be similar to Legion, BFA, SL. It can be more and less bursty like SL compared to BFA but overall the concept stays the same. What I’m the most disappointed is that DF absolutely wasted the concept of bringing back talent trees to redesign specs. They literally took everything from SL (even more CDs) and just put it into trees.

Why DF talents don’t work compared to Wrath ones? In Wrath you have class and talents are the way to shape it into spec. So you have passives there to increase range for spells if you go the caster way or reducing cast time etc. There are 2-3 unique class spells for spec in the tree as well. What DF does is that they put mostly active spells that they gathered from all past expansions and allowed you to pick 60%. Same goes for spec tree. There are just too many spells so then you get this stupid cooldown stacking. While I was against pruning I believe this game needs it now but back then they removed plenty of spells and left all these CDs. Now I believe CDs need to be pruned.

Also what I think would be the best solution isn’t creating the game for PvE and the adding PvP talents on top but maybe other way around. Creating basic design and then giving extra 6 PvE talets like PvP talents in legion to add some CDs, aoe etc. So specs aren’t 99% built about rotations like now.

well ret is the definition of multiplier

it is crazy how something that does 20k dmg baseline can do over 200k if your buffs proc at the right moment.

That’s all it is to it. Over the years they added more and more modifiers so the game turned into this weird CD trading thing.

Well WW got absolutely GUTTED from what it was. The tuning came and it got beta’d in every sense of the word. SotW, RSK, Thunderfist all took a legit 50% nerf lol.

Werent they oneshotting people?
I feel people should be happy theres heavy tuning happening.

3 Likes