Anyone else cancelled Shadowlands pre-order?

I just did. Not because I hate the game, actually WoW is my top game of all time due to lore and story telling and vast majority of a characters being likably folk. However, real life hits hard and also recent events surrounding Blizzard.
Anyone else maybe have done the same thing ?

3 Likes

A lot of people canā€™t as itā€™s not a pre-order but a pre-purchase and theyā€™ve used part of it.

3 Likes

Did not preorder anything begin with because preordering digital goods is kind of pointless.

13 Likes

Actually some of the things you can use now.

Iā€™m still waiting to pre-order in the first place. Iā€™m not getting a digital version if the physical CE is worth it this time around (BfA was the first time it wasnā€™t), but theyā€™re dragging their feet announcing the contents.

1 Like

Nope I wasnā€™t dumb enough to pre-order.

12 Likes

Nope.

Lifeā€™s not hitting me hard and I donā€™t really care about Blizzard drama. If I enjoy the game, itā€™s fine.

9 Likes

Despite playing for any given amount of time, some people just donā€™t like WoW enough - n/m Blizzard et al - to commit any further than their next subscription.

In the same breath as ā€˜never pre-order/purchase a video gameā€™ some of the same people wouldnā€™t bat an eyelid at throwing 10 times as much & more at a tech. machine manufacturer the second their newest model is releasedā€¦ go figure.

I am capped out in Battle.net balance @ ā‚¬250 from converting WoW tokens. Used that to pre-purchase, cost me nothing from my own wallet.

I typically play 2 hours a day, donā€™t have a raid schedule with guilds due to my shift patterns.

I pre-ordered BfA because it came with a level boost I could use in the back end of Legion and there was actually beneficial stuff I could do with an extra 110 character.

Shadowlands not coming with a level boost by default has stopped me from preordering. I need more time to figure out if I can actually use the boost for something relevant or I if I can just go with the cheapest option. ATM Iā€™m pretty sorted with alts, I would use the extra 120 character forā€¦ IDK, the mission table?

I meanā€¦ Iā€™m gonna play it either way. But we are still an estimated 6-8 months from release. I might be able to get it with a gift card or something when it hits retail. Unless it comes with something I can use and I care about, thereā€™s no rush and no point in pre ordering, and I donā€™t care about mounts, pets and cosmetic junk.

2 Likes

Butā€¦ why?

I pre ordered, basically as soon as it was announced.

I guess i did because to me WoW is great. And itā€™ll be my first time ever being there for an expansion release. Since i started playing late season 3.

1 Like

Because I enjoy the game and I donā€™t anticipate not enjoying having loads of new content in the game I enjoy.

9 Likes

Have fun with it.
Expansion launch are always great, especially if you donā€™t have to work next day and can chill with few friends on discord all night while enjoying the new zones.

5 Likes

Life is too short to care about drama like that if I enjoy the game the drama behind it does not affect me.I always say keep your head down whenever you can it can save you the trouble unless that drama affects you in some way.

5 Likes

@Tomboyass-tarren-mill has lost the ability to understand how anyone can still like WoW - that would be my guess.

1 Like

Iā€™ve played every xpac so far and Iā€™m going to play this one too, if nothing really unexpected happens irl. Iā€™m entertained enough to think I have value for my money even in this critizised xpac and patch and what Iā€™ve seen of SL so far I like it. Feels like the game is getting a reboot.

2 Likes

Nah, I just donā€™t understand why someone would play something no matter what. Iā€™m currently subscribed.

Well if you played quite a few of them and you never got too much disappointment, you can quite safely assume the next one is probably going to satisfy you the same.

Of course exceptions might happen but i think this is the general rule people might use.

1 Like

Old-skool loyalty; many born this century find that an alien concept.