Anyone else hoping that Blizzard will adjust Frost Mage before Pre-Patch hits live?

I mean just waiting for procs all the time is so boring and Blizzard didn’t touch Frost Mage since like Legion? Really hope they change a few things to not get kicked from raid groups anymore at least.

1 Like

That’s because the spec works well. It only has one issue which is FoF munching. The talent tree is great and well balanced.

Only reason for frost being looked down on lately is because fire became so powerful due to a mash up of borrowed power. Frost will be fine in 9.0, probably the go to spec for m+ from our class.

2 Likes

in sl only 2things are questionable for frost :

1. flash freeze in conduilts maybe? (for people that love glacial spike gameplay), also they did flurry upgrade, now you dont need positioning with glacial spike, in some situation that was not very comfortable.
  2. and ofc pvp in frost since legion is bad(legion 3.0 inc), to upgrade it they need to add new pvp talents for frost if they dont wanna break pve frost (they not even touched all classes pvp talents, arcane even remain with displacement one, even they remevoed it.)
    Ok in that way we can skip number 2 question till they do update maybe.
1 Like

Shadowlands frost is all about ice lance, all the power ia being funnelled there. The leggo that stop frost nova breaking on dmg is very strong in pvp right now.

about pve : Yes they added to much for empower ice lance and forget about glacial spike gameplay, some conduits simular to azerit trait “flash freeze” will be cool to add some choice with the frost builds.

1 Like

They never planned the noIL build in bfa and couldn’t fix the rotation even after buffing ice lance.

They could have fixed the mastery scaling on glacial and had a mix of traits but instead they went all in on the opposite of glacials to make sure to get the rotation back to normal.

Glacial should still be viable although thermal void worked well on ptr but thats with haste from lvl 50/120 475 gear and neck/azerite gear.

You still need to. Flurry generates an icicle, so if you are pressing it before casting GS it will be wasted (towards next GS i mean).
There is no positioning problem in other builds though, since you can’t “waste” icicles in any other way.

1 Like

It is only so strong until you queue into a druid. :joy:

1 Like

Lol yh true

1 Like

Or a paladin. Or any healer + durable dps comp where you want to go for the healer. Or a WW monk. Or… anything that can rid of a root, in fact. It’s a very comp-dependent legendary.

1 Like

You can bait anything with a cd, even reapply frost nova during a kill

Everyone: Trinket
Gnome and Dark Iron: Racials
Warrior: Avatar, Bladestorm, Fury root remove new pvp talent
Hunter: Pet Freedom, Feign Death pvp talent
Mage: Blink, Block
Rogue: Vanish, Cloak
Priest: Dispel, Mass Dispel, Dispersion, 2 Grips with new legendary
Warlock: Demonic Circle, Imp Dispel
Paladin: Freedom, Sac, Dispel, Divine Shield
Druid: roots omegalul
Shaman: Dispel, Enhance sprint thingy, Rsham healing rain pvp talent
Monk: Tiger’s Lust, Defuse Magic
DH: Immolation Aura pvp talent, Reverse Magic
DK: Lichborne, Wraith Walk

And that’s only the root breaks, there’s a billion other ways to counterplay it.

Unless they buff it so it reduces Frost Nova CD by like 5-10seconds and perhaps even grant the Shatter effect for fire and arcane, I don’t think this legendary will see any legitimate play out of questing and maybe dueling.

1 Like

It increase frost fire and arcane dmg by 10%. You can talent into 2 charges on a 30sec cd, you can quickly eat into their def abilities. Maybe not against druids but you can switch leggos before the match starts :grin:

Tbh if you are able to just force out any of these with just a random frostnova and a cc on the healer, then you are in a great situation for the rest of the match and can just annihilate the enemy in the next go when you use your CDs. In certain matchups, the legendary will be really strong.

1 Like

I mostly just wanted to show only the freedom/cc breaks available, but there’s 1000 more ways to counterplay it, since it just a root.
If we still had Improved Conterspell, then it would be extremely strong.

But after non-mage players learn of it and start playing around it, it’s gonna be very underwhelming, with some exceptions in duels, 2v2 or wpvp.
Also don’t forget that Nova is still gonna break on your partners damage, so it’s gonna be really difficult to use it in 3v3 arena.

But is that really enough? Considering how easy it is to counter.
Even warriors that usually struggle vs roots, have at least 5 ways to deal with it.

Yea, Ice Ward is gonna make it good vs few classes, but you’ll still mostly get use out of the 4sec DR Fnova, since the 1st one is probably gonna get answered.
So that brings up the question: Is a 4sec unbreakable Fnova worth over Chrono Shift, Frigid Winds or Ring of Frost(and losing on a different legendary effect)? Very often, no.

2 Likes

In 3v3s, fair enough. It’ll probably be too weak since you would also have to make your partner stop damaging and the third person in the enemy team can likely somehow deal with it. In 2v2s, though? This is looking really strong against certain matchups. All for example a rogue could really do against it when you cc their healer is cloak or trinket, both of which are cooldowns that should not be forcable with just a simple frostnova setup without sacrificing any other cooldowns.

While there are indeed situations where it’ll be useless and it is not a legendary I would craft first because of just how situational it is, I’ll probably make one of them later on since it really seems to make the difference against certain specs. It might be not as strong as some folk make it out to be, but it is not entirely useless either.

2 Likes

I hope it turn out to be good enough, it’s my favorite legendary, but I have my doubts. Could be as a second legendary, once they allow us to wear two.

I think giving it the Shatter effect + 5-10sec reduced cd on Fnova would make it great. Desync’ing it from a lot of root breaks and allowing you to sneak in some burst, before getting your Fnova removed.

Well most of the time you get a full poly on the healer in 2s, rogue has to use either vanish, cloak or try to run out of LOS with sprint or something.
Also they can still just kidney shot if you get too close for the Fnova or blind, and save their cloak/vanish.
Not saying that it’s not good, but rogues have more than just vanish/cloak to rotate to answer your Fnova every 30seconds.

2 Likes

I can agree with that to be fair… at least the shatter part. As it looks right now, the legendary will be far stronger for frost than it is for fire/arcane, despite supposedly being one of the universal ones that could be beneficial for all three specs. Having a shatter effect could actually help fire’s sustained damage, which we’ll most likely sorely lack after the loss of BfA’s borrowed powers. It should basically mean another 100% crit on every frost nova setup, since the shatter cap should be easy to reach with fire’s extra crit.

This nova legendary takes away the ability to go away and line during such a setup, which has the possibility to make quite the significant difference. While such is possibly not the case for frost that much due to the slows and frozen orb burst setups, fire is quite vulnerable to being LoSd.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say “take away”, Fnova still radiates from your characters model, you still have to get close to melee range to do it.
You’d likely have to use a Blink to get Sheep on healer, then use another one to get back in range for Fnova, and the rogue would still have 2-3seconds to react and hide before have the chance to root him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.