Anyone else try split leveling?

I started out on a server as a mage - borrowed 50s to get started, learning mining / skinning for cash, got her to 22, then started to level a paladin, then started a priest then a warrior.

I have invested in all the professions (including secondary - for example getting fishing to at least 100 on all of them).

My paladin is currently 25, mage 23, warrior 17 and priest 15. Between my toons I have a total of 60 gold, mainly thanks to fishing, selling light feathers and manufacturing Shining Silver Breatplates as per AH demand with my paladin who is a blacksmith.

Anyone try this leveling strategy? I quite enjoy the fact that none of my toons are above 25 and still have 60 gold between them. Depending on how I rotate them, I get the benefits of rested xp. I also enjoy that I don’t really have a main at the moment - I just play whatever suits me best on any given day.

3 Likes

There’s no arguing with taste. I hope you have lots of fun with your 4 main characters! Good luck and have fun :hugs:
Personally, I am not into that kind of thing, my highest alt is lvl 11, and even that I levelled on a whim in one evening before abandoning it as another bank.

I got 5 lvl 60s that I play ATM. Its fun at endgame as well. :smiley:

I suppose I like the rapid progression of early leveling. Typicaly I get bored by the time I reach my 30’s where things really start to slow down. The endless walks at those levels combined with a staggering lack of flight points (particularly for alliance) exacrebates this. Its usually at this point when I unsubscribe.

This is the first time though that I was able to raise so much gold between characters at such early levels. So that was at least fun to achieve.

1 Like

I do the same thing. I love starting new characters and planning their spec and professions. I also like the variation of having no real main, and just switching around. It may not be very effective, but it’s lots of fun and I never get bored. I pretty much always play on rested xp, which is also nice.

3 Likes

One could argue its more effective to level on rested XP so on that front its time well spent.

60 gold isn’t much. Take tailoring and enchanting and make wands, even low level ones sell, in fact they sell the best. I even buy the mats on the AH and still make a good profit on each.

Get an AH addon and scan the AH often, some greens sell well to.

I can’t settle on a second character after my Shaman. The highest so far is a hunter at 27.

What AH addon would you suggest?

I use auctionator, others use TSM, but TSM is more aggressive as I just want suggestions for prices.

leveled 1 at a time holy pally fetal tank warrior dps mage farmer and hunter for pvp but lvl 39 atm sitting on 38k gold alot of people have every class but level to mid 20s 30s or higher on both factions just what your into

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.