Anyone going back to retail?

Retail? Hell no… not until Blizzard makes it fun and meaningful to play.

Some are here for one version only (Classic), some play both, a good chunk of those who play both will go back and do the storyline. Classic isn’t exclusively one group of players. The whole them and us thing needs to go.

Yep, I have to agree with that as I play both myself

Lost one friend to retail so far, he started a priest got it to 40 and gave up. Classic was too hard and slow for him and tbh thats fair, i get thats its not for everyone. Hes still on disc with us while we all play etc. Giving us a good laugh when he tells us he got 3 lvls in one dungeon or that he could use mount in lvl 1, most of the old guys who has returned dont know what is even going on in retail and cant believe it when he tells us about it :joy:

Why do people, who never even played Retail feel the need to reply to this thread?
People are insane.

I went back to retail day 1, after getting 10 or so levels and feel no need to play Classic yet again, it is too boring to do the same quests for the 999th time. Plus, I see no point to have a lvl 60 character, it’s quite useless, if you can’t do arenas/bgs.

why would I?
I tried leveling there and ironically, despite all the bad press Vanilla got over many years, This was a Hell of a lot more fun than that railroaded, big ball of nothing, that was retail. I already knew that, but I got a refresher all over again on how many systems work so well in tandem in this version.

I’ve had a few drop out too. The game doesn’t seem as busy but I’m not sure if layering is the problem. Cities just don’t seem busy enough but then again many are probably out in the zones levelling.

Classic feels more like BFA in its early state. Lack of players in world pvp, almost 10 horde to 1 alliance at all time, players layer hopping and everybody leveling in dungeons except aoe areas where horde mages are dominating.

Leveling is fun but sometimes get boring because there is nobody to level with and you just keep doing the same thing over and over, whether quests that are almost the same or aoeing the same mobs over and over.

I think the main reason why its boring though, is the lack of pvp content. They should have released BGS early instead of waiting for phase 3.

Ok dont add bgs, but at least add the honor system.

I never imagined such a war between the 2 versions.
Is ridiculous… is like civ 5 and 6… (redoctober appears).
Im so tired about that. There are few interesting threads lately. Just bashing between the 2 factions.

2 Likes

Bad press? Since im on the forum (4 years) ive seen 3 or 4 posts about a bad vanilla.
Even articles you found in internet were in support of vanilla experience.

Nope since I’m tired of retail and not tired of classic.

Sometimes I try to log on retail…3 seconds alt f4, seriously.
I really don’t feel attracted to that game :frowning:
I prefer walking simulator Long life to Classic, than WQ simulator.

3 or 4 years ago you say? well, it’s changed since 2 years ago drastically, from what I remember in most prominent followings, like Preach Gaming, who also praised it, it would always be labeled as the grindiest of the bunch.

Might login to see 8.2.5 when that time comes but until then … eh … nope.

Ah sorry. I never watch this kind of influencers. I was thinkin about a more general idea i had from forum

And couple of side factions,streamers and the pservers…all one happy popcorn forums…drama,doomsayers kardashians got nothing on this.

Nope, haven’t played BfA since last December, I have no plans to return to retail at all.

People have been bored with BfA since the launch of it. Within 1 weak and a half of BfA, I already told people that this x-pac is a fail one, and the savior is …yea, the next x-pac. Nothing could safe BfA. It was already doomed before release…

1 Like

I won’t play BfA. I will probably buy and play the next expansion when it comes, at least for a little while. However, if it turns out to be similar to Legion or BfA, then I’ll ditch it after a couple of days and not look back. If they fix their game, then I’ll play it, why not?

1 Like

You mean to say this isnt Retail? :smiley:

1 Like