Anyone recommend other MMOs

Well yes, I stated so, but also a lot if Kill X between those mission, I’ve made it to Stormblood, but like… 20% into main story and I was bored out of my mind due to the… not so fun quests.

Only at random times in the main story… But it does get better in Stormblood.

I agree - and the world is empty. Pretty but empty. And all instanced.

Personally I pay little attention to the quests - I just enjoy the instances/raids.
Get my fix and then play something else.

It’s nice to hear British accents for a change - I am biased though.

Great OST tho, Especially the fight against Titan.

Have you done any of the Stormblood endgame yet?

That’s the clincher for me.

Raid based on FF Tactics, raid based on FFVI. That was the take my money moment for me.

Fighting Kefka in 3D with that music playing 20 something years after the SNES was worth my sub fee.

I don’t have any recommendations, but I can share my own personal experience: there are no other good MMO’s. I’ve tried pretty much everything else that people like on the market, free or not. I could not properly enjoy a single one except for WoW, so I’ve pretty much given up on that. Keep in mind that this is a subjective opinion, and I’m sure that you could find something else that is your cup of tea instead. But I feel like most people who play WoW won’t enjoy other MMO’s.

If you’re looking for a single target RPG, then there’s a lot of excellent options on the market. Assuming you haven’t tried these yet, I would give the Elder Scrolls series a go, fallout is another great one, and also the witcher 3. There’s a bunch of other ones as well, but those are the main ones that come into mind that I’ve personally enjoyed very much.

Only got to the start of SB before sub ran out the door. :frowning:

NVM start of Heavensward

You need to first buy the original disk from someone right? The downloaded clients don’t work or something like that.

All good points but have you ever played Aion that mmo is the epitome of pay2win the same way you can buy gear with real money to get ahead you can however farm fair for it but still those scummy players will always be ahead of the normal player’s.Dont get me wrong Aion has good pve content and PvP/pve one where you siege the enemy faction In order to be able to do one of the raids similar to VOA in wotlk.

Why are the threads like this posted under WoW general discussion, in which the subjects about the WoW should be talked about :thinking: ?

1 Like

I second this am loving it a lot.

Black Desert Online for the incredible character customisation and insanely great combat is the only MMO that even comes close to the holistic feel of WoW.
ESO / GW2 / FFXIV are not on the same level at all.

Sadly BDO is P2W but at least it has (an almost) true open world, unlike the others which are poorly written, story-driven (drivel), garbage collecting, invisible barrier fests with trite combat and laughable PvP.

Other genres are available until ActiVulture_Buzzard pulls its collective finger out & releases
World of Starcraft with a brand spanking new, next-gen engine.

1 Like

For ‘legality’ reasons I have to say: Yes. :wink:

(I still do own my original copies for anyone being way too virtuous)

1 Like

ESO was ruined after they reduced the difficulty in endgame to wow’s leveling system (2-3 hits = mob dead).
But the story is pretty entertaining iirc. The mass pvp mode lacks balance as always - but this happens when you copy blindly from other games. GW2 pvp is the same garbage - and having no endgame except “world quests” bores enormously.

Tldr: wow is by far best as long as we get new entertaining raids periodically.

1 Like

gw2 i would always suggest. if i hadn’t invested so much in wow, i would go to gw2 full time.

1 Like

Obligatory EVE online suggestion.
No battlemages there tho, only battlecruisers :slight_smile:

o7

1 Like

Low and slow content update and insane story unlock requirements.
Also their pvp has extreme potential but they refuse to address zerging.
Suffers from the same autofinder bs wow does, ppl dont talk to eachother, dont rp, dont do anything just farm, even wow is more community based compared to gw2.

If anything go ESO

My personal experiencies with some games mentioned here and compared to wow:

• ESO: looked interesting but i could not get over the control system which was too different and felt somehow claustrofobic to me. I own the game and have tried many times but just can’t enjoy the gameplay because of control system.
  • FFXIV: This one tried and got bored after playing half an hour, because i was just been sent around to talk with npcs and haven’t fought a single mob by then. Felt too slow to me.
  • SWTOR: Same controls than in wow. Excellent storywise, fun classes, fun flexible dungeoning system (from solo to full group, with npc’s fighting with you if you wish), pvp quite meh alltough occasional Huttball match is fun, has had long content drought but expansion is coming autumn. If you haven’t played it ever there is tons of things to do. Subcribe to get proper game (there is limited f2p but it’s not same than full game).
  • GW2: Same controls than in wow. Good story, excellent and very fun classes (lot of different ways to play), best mounts in any game i have ever played, excellent open world with lot of dynamic events, fun and friendly community, frequent updates and very friendly devs who talk to community a lot, world versus world pvp is fun. Buy latest expansion pack so you get the mounts (they came in latest expansion).
1 Like

Battlecruiser operational:sunglasses:.

1 Like

While I agree with you… The main story is a bigger slog to go through than WoW, since its missions can be summed up in “Teleport there, teleport back, and kill X amounts of Y”

Mhm, but it does get really good in Heavensward and late vanilla story… Early game I do agree with you however. Big slog.

1 Like

30% xp ring and armor with another 30% (both go to lvl 30) stacks with xp food and fc xp buff… I am not finding leveling that hard. I also enjoy the story as it is the first time.