Anyone recommend other MMOs

You’re not gonna have that as a new player tho. :thinking:

Yes you do .shadowbringer. Collectors edition have it .I have too

1 Like

To the OP when trying a new MMO the key is to not think about WOW, if you do then you will be mad at any new MMO because it is not just like WOW.

With this being said, I tried ESO and hated it but love FF14 and play regularly and have since January of this year. So I say try FF14 and see if you like it. As for the slow pace that people are saying, well the zones are great, so is the story, and there is a friendly community, join the mentor group and you can always get help.

2 Likes

To me GW2 isn’t an MMO like WoW to begin with. It’s more like a nice dish you eat every once in a while instead of the bland dish you eat frequently because it’s quick to make.
Atleast that’s how I enjoy GW2.
The payment system does help, no feeling of having to play to get your money’s worth.

I do however think that the lvling process can be something that puts someone off from playing the game. It feels a bit like a grind (Lvl-slotting the personal story into certain categories didn’t help with the flow of the story).

When you want to try out a game, without knowing if you will like it. Would you buy the Collectors edition? :thinking:

1 Like

There are no better MMOs than WoW. That’s simply stating the fact. I’ve been through ESO, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, BDO - everything really.

At first they appear better and hook you up for several months, then you realize they can’t really compare to all the content / community WoW has and you quickly go back.

Even in BFA WoW has double or triple the playerbase of other MMOs. Anyone who tells you otherwise has plainly no idea what they’re talking about.

1 Like

I started when Stormblood just launched. So no.

Your only good options honestly and sincerely besides WoW are GW2 or FFXIV. FFXIV for PvE and GW2 for PvP. Rest MMOs are clunky, artistically annoying looking and their combat sucks and gets boring.

I personally wait Wrath, Cata and MoP retails. Rest is s"it.

If only we could mix several MMOS into one we would get really nice MMORPG because of all them got something good and are lacking in certain aspects. Like lets say SWTOR type of the storylines, ESO/Rift world design, GW2 open world PvP perhaps and WoW PvE endgame, that would be almost perfect MMO in my PoV.

4 Likes

I agree with everything but expecially this part because i am not big fan of pvp and gw2 does not have open world pvp at all, so would be ideal for me. But i guess you mean those instanced big world versus world areas when you say “open world” (as for those who haven’t done it, those areas are huge). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For this combo game, game over all games, i would pick from gw2 mounts first and world events second. World versus World would also be good addition, no doubt.

1 Like

I said shadowbringer the new expansion that is coming up .id you pre order the collectors edition of it you get those items .

1 Like

Yeah and the developer would go broke before even finishing it.

Because no one wants to invest 100-300 million dollars for a MMORPG that might not sell. WoW has always been investment not charity. Only if some crazy oil lord gets WoW fever it would happen, so good luck finding one.

I got the Angelic Attire on the store 30% xp and the 30% ring from Hall of the novice… I played free for 2 days then I bought it… I will preorder the next game for another 30% bonus… nice

I see people speak about ESO here and there, is it any good? ESO and wildstar were released at the same time and after playing eso beta i considered that game dead horse that won’t survive first year. Wildstar looked more promising, however it’s now officially dead, while ESO is being recomended.

PS: on topic, there is no other mmos, wow is reigning champion in its bigger niche.

I took a trial of FFXIV some time ago. I saw many things I didn’t like in just a short visit. And yet when I say this thread I almost bought it last night … some sort of website confusion happened, and I didn’t, and today I’m remembering all the things I disliked about it.

I did buy GW2 back when the base game was sold directly. It was OK, though very limited in abilities, until I realised that the world scaled. Wondering what kind of perverted moron would scale the world in an MMORPG, and immediately losing confidence that such an abberation could possibly make a worthwhile game, I left it there. Under current conditions, maybe it deserves another look.

I’d recommend some single player RPG or story games. They are much more intimate than WoW or MMOs can ever be.

Games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon Dawn, Skyrim, Dragon’s Age, Baldur’s Gate 1 or 2 (steam).

I think like someone else said, don’t limit yourself to just MMOs. There are some classic games out there which are worth experiencing.

1 Like

What level did you reach? The tutorial phase is a bit slow to start off.

In FFXIV? Quite low. But I’m not sure all the problems I had with it would go away at higher level. I hated the instancing; it blew my mind to have to pass through a loading screen to get out of the city to the area outside, or even from one part of the city to another. I didn’t like the character models or the art style - it was too pretty and fussy. But the true kiiller was the GCD. I know WoW can be slow at low levels too, but in FF, I felt like I had time to get a cup of coffee between casts.

Having said that, in the current situation, if I want to maintain an MMORPG, I have to lower my standards a bit. Maybe Classic … please, let Classic come and let me enjoy it.

If anything, that game has gotten better over times (with expansions) and is now much better than when it was released. World scaling does not matter there so much, because if you are high level character scaled down you do a bit more damage than actual character that level, so you do feel the progression. And you get relevant loot no matter where you are, whole world is content. Mounts that latest expansion brought are so unique and brilliant that i spend long times just riding/jumping/gliding/speeding/teleportin around with them with no other reason but the joy of the ride. And this is not some add for you to leave wow, i play both games and everyone should have multiple mmorpgs, it makes the life so much more joyfull! :star_struck:

1 Like

What drove me mad when I tried out Neverwinter was the myriad of ingame currencies, and the crazy way the ingame shop worked.