Anyone recommend other MMOs

ESO is awesome! BDO is great (if you don’t like grind, don’t bother with BDO).

If you are willing to come back to wow in just a few months, my advise to you, is to try another genre, preferably something completly different. PC gaming is the best as regards variety and getting tired from one gaming genre is perfectly normal. Simulation, arcade, strategy/Grand strategy, many gems outhere awaiting to be picked, be played by 100/200h and to be followed by an assured fresh return to the mmo genre, in this case wow.

I’d advise giving wow time or maybe taking a swing at ESO if any and heres why:

Personal Grudges and nice tid bit mentionables.

ESO / Elder scrolls online
The grudge I have with ESO is its well the inputs don’t feel very responsive or impactful but the class design is cool alas leveling is an even bigger slog than wow with alot of blind prodding and a semi linear leveling experience given most of the time I found myself having to intentionally side track and explore the map to find quests which didn’t relate to the core zone story else .

however past that I hear its really good, however I’ve not had the free time to see the end game. The only con there is paragon levels being a thing which effects your gear till you reach the hard cap on gear scaling which means another 60 levels or so past the “max level” you will still get gear upgrades.

GW2 / Guild wars 2
My only grudge with guild wars was the story was slow in terms of how much is released (3/4 months on average for a new segment of story.), and the content being released as of late atleast was repetitive, grindy and sleeper AF. Its the true treadmill compared to any of wow’s rep grinding.

There are other problems such as with every new expan comes power creep in classes which usually means new spec > old specs in PVE and PVP alike for the most part, gear progression is alot more tame but the way of saying you’ve seen the game and what it has to offer is via achievement and zone completion.

The last but biggest eye sores is class balancing and PVP as the dev teams and any class changes were slim to nothing all the while festive content every time I go check the game seems to not recieve any updates at all Halloween as an example in that game has been the same thing for 3-4 years now with no new items or anything, its best to give GW2 a few months if you’re a veteran to the game but there is plenty to do as a new player to atleast wait for new content in games you enjoy to come out :slight_smile:

FFXIV (What ever the fudge the acronym is for final fantasy.)
I can’t comment on this one too much but given from watching friends play and asking how they experienced the game. The gear system is again a giga treadmill like ESO I don’t know the fullest extent but its one of the few things I heard people moan about often than not. PVP doesn’t exist basically after a recent patch idk what changes caused it but thats just how it is, the last grudge is the GCD is worse than wow supposedly. (Not sure how you can achieve this but there we go.)

However the system they use for leveling is nice, realistically you never need to make more than one character and can play every class and lastly its like £6-8 monthly re-occuring from what I understood if you just want to play one character.

Yeah but as I said, when I started playing it was not fun at all, and even if I had 1000% exp I would not touch the main story again, it have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

i agree entirely with Peacemoon, i put so much time into Neverwinter Nights and WoW that i completely missed out on a lot of truly wonderful games, i’m caught up now mostly…except for the Witcher…still halfway through 2…so looking forward to 3…
i don’t think mmo’s in general are in a great place right now, a little stagnant in fact…it’s easy to look at others and say ‘naaa’ when you have so much invested in WoW, any other game needs to have the same impact that WoW had when it launched and that’s going to be hard to beat…it wasn’t maybe the best game but it WAS the best experience…
i’m not going to recommend any others because to me an mmo is a personal experience…i can tell you i like ESO a lot but then i don’t and won’t play endgame content…to me the thought of running into parties that demand cookie cutter builds kind of destroys the essence of Elder Scrolls games…
i also don’t think i’ll ever play another sub based game ever, it only helps it to take over your life… unless o’c it’s something truly special…
just try them and see how you feel, but DON’T try to compare tthem to WoW an DON’T neglect single player games…i hate myself for it…:slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a perfect game for an older gamer like me. I don’t mind working for stuff, there is a ton of content… professions are spot on, I enjoy the story - reminds me of how I used to see wow.

If you are a go go go gamer this game wouldn’t suit… I love how all jobs (classes) can be done on 1 character, although they do have to be leveled individually, all gear carried for those jobs in a special inventory area. Even better I can do all professions too.

I like the rest of the game, don’t get me wrong, but the main story in FFXIV, is not hard… it’s just tedious porting back and forth.

Oh it does, I’ve had done that before in FFXIV, especially when leveling.

I agree on that, my only jobs are Astrologian and White mage and dragoon.

Cause others just don’t look fun, and profession jobs are not my thing, I dislike professions in any game tho.

They are very important though. Currently raid gear is 400 ilvl, and with crafting you can get 390.

1 Like

May be important… but I won’t do them, I don’t like any profession in any game. :V

Does anyone remember Auto Assault?

Yeah the earlier content is not that much fun but if you follow the recent posts and videos of game director you will come to know that they are working on reworking the whole starting area quests .
I for one think they will get it fixed .their past history is good .

Imo they need to rework all pre Heavensward missions, but good on them for at least fixing a bit of it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.