Anything but Alchemy actually worth it?

Hi i’m currently thinking of picking up a profession for gold making since i recently switched on a new server. Thow in my experience so far nothing but Alchemy is actually worth the effort you put in. Sure Enchanting can make some gold to but they have to activly dissenchant gear that can also be sold for like 60 gold a piece and compared to Alchemy the money you get for most enchantings is pocket change. Hell most enchants on the server i’m on are worth less then a single Flask.

So i gues my question would be is it even worth it to do anything but Alchemy? Am i missing something?

Armor plates from leatherworking and skinning are good

Every professions have their niche that actually makes gold, but it all depends on your realm and how many other crafters/gatherers that fills the same niche. If you want a safe pick, sure go with Alchemy.

Sure, if enchanted scrolls doesn’t sells, or are priced to low to be any profitable, that is not good for the profession. However, a reliable source of materials is Queen’s Conservatory, so mats shouldn’t be more expensive than the scrolls themselves on AH, unless the condition is complete Texas.

Is enchanting actually a sustainable way to cover expenses in WoW? Like flasks,pots ect. I just feel like nothing is compareable to the raw gold making potential of alchemy/herb combination.

Enchanting have a potential of being sustainable, but is also a profession where the demand is modest and too many suppliers to the demand will make it almost non-profitable. Herb/Alch is indeed a lot safer as the supply/demand will always be there in a bigger quantitative scale.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.