<APES> Should be banned/rolled-back for Bug Abuse?

So, now Blizzard fix the XP bug from raid groups in dungeons AFTER APES abused it to speed level to 60 in dungeons together and then clear MC and Onyxia.

Should they get temp bans for exploiting a bug? I think they should. This doesn’t make their world first kills legit.

78 Likes

Are you for real? Another targeted attack at APES for no reason at all. APES and what? absolutely everyone else?

How did they ‘exploit’ a bug. World chat was just stacked full of these groups posting for dungeon grind groups. It’s over now, get over it. Taking back a week of peoples lives for that is an insane suggestion.

68 Likes

Personally I don’t think they should be banned, but they should have characters rolled back, if it is true they abused this. I haven’t paid attention to them as I don’t really care about them and this whole ‘oh look world first’ matter since its kinda pointless. But this is very similar to the XP potion bug abuse, and those players got banned… Sooo technically Blizz should give temp ban to remain consistent.

But thats only my take on the matter. If Blizz hasn’t banned them yet, then they probably won’t.

23 Likes

Blizz should do what they did with e.g. the World First Achievement races in the past, to remain consistent.

So de-level the characters who exploited a pretty clear bug (some even Streamed them doing so) and Ban them, temporarily or not.

However, considering a.o.t. not everybody at Blizzard wants Classic to succeed, I sadly fear the repurcussions many would like to see may not be happening, especially given those Streams.

They were seemingly okay with possible ToS violations to avoid logging out (like hiring people to play on their Account, as apparently e.g. Method did), too, so who knows what will happen?

17 Likes

Yeah rollback 90% of the classic population that has done this in the last week. ALSO BAN THEM.

They won fair and square because everybody had access to the same tools as they did.

45 Likes

OH stop with your QQ, it’s pathetic.

18 Likes

90%? get real…

Its the same thing with the XP potion abuse in retail. It should be punished, with a ban as for blizz to remain consistent. As blizzard said with that whole affair, it was cheating, same with any thing like this in past. I mean, blizz banned that guild (cant remember its name) that got World first Lich king due to the bomb bug they abused.

Then again im just saying it for people ingeneral as I dont really know if apes did it or not. I couldn’t care less about them lol. I just want blizz to be consistent as otherwise it just shows blizzard doesn’t really care about classic otherwise. Consistence with enforcing rules is important.

28 Likes

Really, who cares what they did. It’s not important and has nothing to do with us.

These world first achievements are just as pointless as they have ever been.

8 Likes

They clearly exploited the XP bug by using raids to grind dungeons for mass amounts of XP which raid groups shouldn’t normally allow, which is why the bug was fixed and conveniently after APES had already taken advantage of it and cleared end game content.

13 Likes

From some purely justice based perspective I guess it makes sense to delevel players who specifically used this bug to power level. However lets not kid ourselves and pretend like it actually makes a practical difference. We are talking about a few days of leveling progress that would be removed. It is an insignificant amount of time in a game like WoW.

Not to mention that the guild they are QQing didn’t even use this bug and lvled in 5 mans, but that doesn’t fit the OPs and whiners narrative.

3 Likes

There are people that “abuse” layering by spamming the same mobs for mats on every layer they can.

BAN THEM ALSO CAUSE OF LAYERING. Please shut up.

THE xp potion is a different case because people knew it was a bug and abused it KNOWINGLY.

In this case nobody knew if raids should’ve rewarded xp or not. In the beta people did this also and blizzard didn’t fix/investigate it by now. So everybody thought this is intended and this is how it worked back then also.

Completely different scenarios.

Where is your proof of this then?

Maybe the “abuse” wasn’t that significant? Blizzard isn’t afraid of rolling back progress which was obtained cause of bugs. They’ve done that in the past.

Because they streamed the whole leveling process?

3 Likes

It took a while for Blizzard to make a statement with the whole xp potion thing. Could be the same here

Layering is a different issue all together because it’s specifically there as a temporary solution to the mass amounts of players lagging the servers, so the layering abuse can’t be avoided apart from the small cool down added, and layering is going by phase 2 anyway. It’s intended to happen and Blizzard know it, hence why they added the CD.

XP bugs to get to max level quicker than usual is an exploit, it’s not intended by Blizzard and is a serious issue, AND Blizzard should punish those players for abusing it.

They are abusing those systems though. People who did this should be banned as they should know that is not the intended way off play and know its a bug. Its the exact same scenario… LIke I said its a similar issue with the Iich king grenade/bomb thingys that made the platform regen. They claimed they didn’t know it was a bug and were banned. You can also make the statement not everyone knew about the XP potion thing, but they were still banned…

It’s just a consistency thing. You cant ban for one offence and not another that is very similar. Although I dont think it should be bans, instead only roll backs. It’s just not fair, under blizzards reasoning for last time this happened.

7 Likes

Blizz is afraid to roll back progress lol. No one was rolled back with the XP potion thing. Which is stupid in my opinion lol as it still basically meant those people who did it saved time.

1 Like

A good bunch of the big streamers out there were broadcasting out there in the open that they were farming Scarlet Monastery for hours at a time in a 10-man raid, even those that were part of the whole “race to 60” hype. It became such a widespread form of leveling that it’s impossible to police retroactively without causing a massive problem.

Also… who cares about first kills? It’s a fun thing to celebrate and meme about, not an actual competition.

1 Like