Archeology and Lore

Hi there,

Sorry if this had been asked before or it is actually obvious, but I still would like to confirm it: is archeology a tool to dive in more into the lore of an era, area or race? (When I started a couple weeks ago I still believed that skinning gives me crit chance :rofl:)

Thank you in advance!

Also is there an addon you’d recommend for this profession?

Hey Kharita,

A belated welcome :slight_smile:
Yes, while definitely not in any way a central source for lore, all of the items you can dig up have extensive tooltips with them, explaining the item and some of the background. Era and area aren’t really central here, but they do give the races for which you dig them up for a bit more background.
Don’t hold your breath though, it’s mostly just small pieces of information here and there.

I enjoy it as a way to pass the time though, as you get to explore some out-of-the-way zones and collect a healthy amount of toys and random fun stuff while doing it.

In terms of addons, there aren’t many, mostly since Archaeology didn’t get any updates, new skill level or new digsites added in the current expansion and has kinda flatlined. The one I use is called “Minimal Archaeology”, it pulls a lot of the windows you use into one overlay and provides a lot of handy qol features and bits. Not sure if there are any better ones out there, but this is the one I stuck with for a while now and it’s still being updated.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help! I’ll start it at lvl 60 when I’ll have nothing else to do just to see what changed the story :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.