Are fire mages fun in DF

sup guys,

I played a lot of fire mage back in Legion. is it any fun rn in your opinion?
is it still combustion and after that weak dmg?

cheers

very fun for me its the most fun i have in this game by far and i gave the other specs a fair (i think) try.

yes it’s still like that, i believe… except in some special situations

Except we combust a lot. About 40% combustion uptime I think. Everything is built around sun king’s blessing (very different to legions sun king), and firey rush makes the spec feel good. Also recent buffs seem to have made it the best m+ spec but community perception of mage is bad rn. Also shammies and evokers are a better option for BL.

Mage is currently the absolutely worst class in the game overall, and it has been like that since the end of Shadowlands, and the joke called fire mage got copied 1 to 1 by blizzard without fixing this pathetic excuse for a wizard. It’s why I abandoned my main here at lvl 64 and main another class. It hurts alot.

Yes, arcane is meta-wise fine. The gameplay is still awful in my opinion. Noone asked for kyrian harmony and the other shadowlands arcane mage modifiers.

Fire gameplay is just trash.
Frost is semi-ok to play fun-wise, but tuned very very very badly for every type of content.

Mages need an actual complete ground-up rework. They needed it at least as much as Paladins.

2 Likes

So you haven’t actually played mage in end game content? Just playing raid talents in the open world then complaining its not fun?

1 Like

I’d argue,
Tyrranical = Frost
Fortified = Fire
Right now it is Fortified Bolstering I believe? Wich is double good for fire! :slight_smile:

Well … they could … if they would deal enough dps and remove ROP. The reality is…it is not possible to keep up with ALL other classes in m+ with the same itemlevel. In all these years of wow i never ever got so much hate and flame for my dps. So yes very unfun.

I mean, Fire (and Frost) untill recent buff was prety much griefing your team/party.
These days after the recent change there shouldn’t be a reason to flame you anymore, as Fire mages are absolutely popping off with prety insane numbers.
Ofcourse key range is everything, but that is a well known fact.

+2 - +17 = Frost
+18 and higher = Fire
Looking at your keys completed and your IO score you are most likely in this bracket (on some dungs, where is your AV? :p) off packs dying to quickly for you to uttelize your Ignite spread properly. That is why you play Frost on lower key levels :slight_smile: (Or struggle ofcourse)

Arcane momentarily has no reason to be played in keys as both Fire and Frost outperform it in their regions…
Arcane good raid dps though :slight_smile:

Yeah also, I honestly think rop is a dps loss for frost in dungeons. I wouldn’t say either spec is pumping but they are competitive outside the ‘S’ tier specs. Saw a 394 rogue pulling silly numbers in an 18 the other day, probably would have beaten me overall if he’d died less.

imho yes , it is

Tried frost over the last few days.
RoP deff is still an increase over Incanter’s Flow.

Sorry for the question but for what stands AV for? (German here).

Well for the dungeons i can’t often compete with other classes and if they pull 1 or 2 mobs it looks really bad for me and so i doint like to go over 15. What i saw the last weeks was really not fun. Often there is not much to spread. (I go random with a healer )

It’s azure vault, the dungeon all the way south in Dragon Isles

Just hold the pyroblast key down fire mage is just a free win at pve at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.