Are we really surrendering to madness? (and Voidform thoughts)

First, let me touch on some Voidform stuff that will be relevant to later points; I was thinking that rather than having Voidform be the “cooldown”, let it be toggle-able, kind of like how Demo locks of old worked with Metamorphosis. Effect ideas, with homage to ** Mass Hysteria**(Naturally in a reduced format, as we can all agree, the legion version grew ridiculous.), let Voidform drain insanity while in use, but stack up haste or crit slowly. Even considering the toggle part doesn’t happen, I personally liked how thematic it felt, gaining power as we delved into insanity… so with that in mind, let’s get into it…

Surrender to Madness, a very thematic ability, but in it’s current state, are we truly surrendering to madness?

Flashback to legion: The insanity doubling effect, ultimately ending in our demise was thematically phenomenal, and pushed us above and beyond in tandem with the infamous Mass Hysteria. Nowadays, it is at best a talent that gives you a brief window to cast while moving, seeing as the insanity generation it provides is barely necessary anymore, both in pvp and pve(not to mention that as far as I know, pve people pick Hungering Void over it, either way. One could argue that it gives more Voidform windows, but even then, Power Infusion or Shadowfiend/Mindbender wouldn’t be active for it…

So what could be done to make it feel like we actually surrender ourselves, and possibly make it compete with Hungering Void again? Some of my ideas below:

1 - Let it be an ability we can cast during Voidform windows to overcharge it, since our class designers so enjoy having us cast things while casting other things: effect = Stopping the insanity drain if we consider the toggle option, or if we don’t, perhaps it could start the Mass Hysteria’ish effect for it’s duration. (The exerted Voidform would also make the impending demise, make sense.)

2 - Since we’re the only class in the entire game with such a massive backlash for using a simple cooldown(“You die.”). Perhaps the we could have it also double our insanity maximum for the duration, along with the increased gain, and maybe make Devouring Plague a spender for it’s duration, that consumes all current insanity, for increased effect(Kind of how Ferocious Bite can consume more energy for increased effect.)?

3 - Alternatively, split Void Eruption(possibly make it a standalone aoe ability with a cooldown and or insanity cost(and possibly make it work like Cascade)), and Voidform, and make the baseline eruption part be Surrender to Madness with it’s effect putting us into Voidform etc. :thinking:

But this is just me throwing my ideas out there, if you all have any thoughts or perhaps your own ideas for changes to Surrender to Madness or Voidform, please do leave your thoughts. :kissing_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.