Arena Plea

Over the last few weeks I went from excited for season 2 to downright disappointed, this is my first expansion truly trying to push in arena and what a sad sight it is.

I’m currently hard stuck at 1.8k fighting almost exclusively rank 1 gladiators, and despite winning the majority of games and actually doing really well the sad reality is that it doesn’t matter.

I know that you don’t value PvP content much, if you did you wouldn’t have hired a stat-crunching min-maxing elitist jerk in Ion as Game director and actually tried to get a balanced board that represents all aspects of the game (many of which you’ve basically killed off), but as someone who rarely ever posts please dedicate some more resources to this side of the game!

Arena (2v2/3v3) in particular hasn’t seen any changes for a long time, I’m not going to pretend to know the reason behind this but I believe you still have the opportunity to reignite the community whilst you still can, isn’t it about time for a ladder rework? I’m no expert and to be honest Venruki is partially the reason behind this post but I have some suggestions/ideas of my own to improve things in the long term:

Come up with some way of ranking people without basing rewards on a rating value that’s derived from members of a pool

The system is favoured to players higher on the ladder, if someone gets 8 alts above 2.4k rating, everyone else is pushed down 7 places… Isn’t the solution just to lock one character into the “real” ladder and then make a wild ladder for fun only?

It’s not broken so why fix it?

It is broken, so fix it, as of writing this the top players in the world are struggling to get their gladiator mounts, this obviously isn’t right.

Is it not time for some changes to group finding for PvP? It’s a cool system as it is don’t get me wrong and it has everything we need realistically but surely you can just take a leaf out of League of Legend’s book and make a cool group finding tool like they have. You could even throw in a new game mode where you enter several of your characters in the pool and then have a vote/ban phase?

For most people it seems like they’re logging in at the start of the patch, getting 1.8k for the transmog and logging out again, flooding the ladder with inactive players that only log in once a week to cap and then log out again, surely there’s a better way to handle this?

I’m sure there is some imagination and creativity left to come up with some exciting and innovative solutions to this issue… I would hazard a guess that PvPers are the most consistent players purely because of arenas replay ability, but if you’re slow on the uptake of fixes/changes players like me will just give up due to lack of motivation to play and little to no incentive.

This isn’t a dig, it’s more a plea, you have and are doing really great things for arena recently and I am thoroughly enjoying the game alot more ever since you stopped gear being a major factor in people becoming high rating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.