Armor and Warriors

Ok guys its time to adjust armor stat to actually matter for other classes or give warriors ability to bypass it (oh good old colossus :(. I don´t know, warrior is, lorewise, master of arms, it could passively ignore certain percentage of enemy armor because he/she knows where to cut :wink:

Out of all melees warriors are basically the only class which is hugely affected by enemy armor and physical immunities. DHs, rogues, surv hunters, ret paladins, DKs, all of these basically bypass armor because majority of their dmg abilities aren´t physical or they at least have magical aspect. They don´t care if they face warrior with high armor or mage with cloth, they do nearly the same damage because warrior´s armor doesn´t matter for them.

The only class whose dmg is heavily reduced by enemy armor is warrior since all of our abilities are physical (except of deep wounds ofc.)

So if I face someone as warrior, my damage depends on enemy armor but enemy on the other hand doesn´t care about my armor (except of other warriors).

Armor stat really just needs to be adjusted so it means smt for more classes than just a warrior. Warrior is iconic class with heavy armor but that armor is totally useless for him against all other classes. So just adjust armor so it means smt (warriors armor could reduce percentage of magic damage taken) or give warriors a way how to bypass it just like all other classes already do (that idea with ignoring certain percentage of enemy armor). 10k mortal strikes against plate wearers on 350k health pool aren´t fun at all.

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh I see im not the only one who is thinking about it.

2 Likes

My suggestion for fixing the phenomenon is either reitroduce sunder armor or change mastery to ingore enemies’ armor by a percentage equal of our mastery

1 Like

Warrior damage doesn’t seem to be slacking at all for me though, it’s absolutely insane if they have uptime. I’d rather give them (and other classes) some utility like Intervene back

Practicly,arms dmg at pvp seem to be fined but on a therotical lvl it lacks

3 warriors in top 200 2v2, its pretty selfexplanatory :frowning:

2 Likes

Not even close. Warriors are more than good

Outlaw says hi. Subtlety says a little hi because they have find weakness which is only 20% in pvp. Windwalkers say hi because even though I think they have a CD for armor (or had) they still deal pure physical damage aside from Dampen Harm and Karma.

But ok warrior is the only class. It’s so the only class that it is more played than Outlaw, that suffers much more than Warriors.

Now lets be serious, Arms is an insane PvP spec when it’s in the right team right now. The damage is crazy good, and Iv’e lived some 45k Mortal Strikes on a Rogue that has 21% versa, so I guess a plate wearer could take up to 20% less, which is far from 10k.

1 Like

lorewise monks also do know how to bypass armor but yet here we are

lore><game

Outlaw isn’t played because everyone plays OP spec which is assa man. I would be glad to have a different spec I can play in arenas, especially 2v2 :slight_smile: but u know, 3 arms in top 200, no fury there :wink:

Don’t compare rogue and warrior arena viability man, its oranges and apples :wink: jusz look at ladders and blizz tournaments and compare it.

2 Likes

So what? In 3s there’s quite a lot warrs in top 200 can see your prob.

why play warrior when u can play dh…

1 Like

I agree with armor being insignificant, but to make this argument as only affecting warriors would be unfair.
Some specs are rendered completely unviable because their dmg is too low due physical damage. Outlaw and MM are prime examples.
Only arms and WW have numbers to make it work, and in the case of arms their main pressure comes from bleeds which bypass armor.

The min-max between low armor and high armor is just ridiculous. Depending on if it’s cloth or plate I either do 70k Executes, like here,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/223972896219856896/617008101077286913/unknown.png

or I do 35k. It’s a pretty huge difference.

3 Likes

Pikaboo says outlaw is viable but it is more about setup and cc chain than doing dmg (except if you got lucky on roll the bones you can delete someone easily).

I guess it’s easier to play assa than outlaw or sub so nobody plays it.

1 Like

Yes, and why is Outlaw not the OP spec despite having a blind sap on a 1min30 CD, a ranged kidney wity shorter cd, a 8yards kick, gouge and a disarm ? Because of two reasons. ONE, it has no MS effect, TWO the pure physical damage gets destroyed by armor. Why is arms played in comparison despite having also physical damage ? Because it has the MS effect and somehow the damage is so high that the armor reduction isn’t that big of a deal, as Karanze said.

Outlaw is much more flexible than assa and has much better tools. If it was given magic damage (which would mean a damage buff right) or a ms ot would be at the top of rogue specs. So yeah, sole soecs suffer from armor much more than arms.

Yeah as it happens arms mage X was one of the RMD counters. But whatever you know better.

Arms is played because warriors have no other choice in PvP, thats all. But as you said, pure physical dmg is destroyed by armor, thats why noone plays outlaw despite his utility and everyone plays assa. As a rogue, you got a choice, as a warrior you dont.

1 Like

I mean I dont have a choice unless the choice is be a CC bot or play assa. Basically every class has one choice except some heal+dps classes.
Unless youre arguing arms is unviable, then I think youre talking out ya butt.

This is bullcrap. I can choose assa, very strong, or outlaw, super weak in the meta. I have no real choice, just like you can choose between arms, viable and strong in 3s, or fury, rather weak. You can also choose a weak spec.

Arms is actually a lot like assassa. Pressure comes from Deep Wounds, Rend and Geti procs, which bypass armor. Fury does pure physical damage and is worthless in 3s. Facing fury in 3s or 2s is just a meme to face, I never feel like they have any pressure on me.