As 67 prot pala where can I aoe farm for exp?

title says but not sure where to go to get to lvl 70 by aoe grind as prot pally?

1 Like

Perhaps The Heap in Netherstorm? It’s lucrative farm if nothing else, at least if you are able to loot keys.

i been there, I got the lichen shield now i can farm easier. basically a cheaper skullflame

IMHO run dungeons till 70, then do some quests for gold/rep. Depending on your gear you can start farming Netherstorm/Blades edge demons for Aldor items.

And with gear you will block more and more so Sporregar shield + spike will be very good at it… or just badass spellpower plate set to kill mostly with consecrate.

looks like I will need to ditch skining for Blacksmithing. I have tailor for bag making for gold and thats it. I already got the sporregar shield earlier anyway. If I wanna run dungeons I have extremely little experience or no experience in end game tanking so I will need to learn how to tank in dungeons but I want to sloyly learn and not jump too fast straight into raiding.

So I play healer - in retail and even prior to Classic on a private server. For Classic I rolled a mage, but in raids it wasn’t the thing for me so for TBC I rolled a Pala. The goal was to have HPala with tank offspec. It ended up being - tanking everything until first guild Karazan run. And when we pugged some DPS for our runs quite often people were shocked how smooth simple “pull back” (noob) Pala tanking can be (especially in AC).

For normal dungeons there is no intricate knowledge needed, no spec rotation like on retail. Just shield and common sense and if unsure just pull back… and for normal dungeons you will have unlimited groups to run as there is lack of tanks (or lack of reason geared tanks would run PUG runs).

I started with skinning/mining and I was stashing both resources on mules. The goal was to switch to BS/Engi when I get enough stock but after looking at the professions I just wend with Engi/mining. For Palas IMHO it’s not critical to have BS.

I picked engineering mostly for the helicopter (and utility grenades, repair bots) but the mote extractor sometimes is scary pulling big gold/h. (and there will be nice engi plate helmets).

Questing at 70 will give you solid gold, paying for epic flying even. Dailies like fishing or cooking even do give solid gold for one quest. Gathering isn’t bad either but it depends on realm size and type. I just fly around and squeeze clouds with the mote extractor while mining is mostly stashed right now.

For Heroic dungeons (and raids like Karazan) you will actually need some better gear - defcap, defensive trinkets (like a on-use dodge trinket), manage your spellpower and so on. Quite often in HC dungeons you don’t tank mobs directly but kite them with consecration in Hunter slow trap while mage is doing imp blizzard and warlock is seeding - as some mobs hit harder than Karazan bosses.

I could do dungeons at my Level I fancy but auchindon ones were my favorates.

I am no fan of CoT dungeons but i’l get the morass attune at lvl 70. i play on nethergarde

I only got 1 mule and that is my banker/ah character. I will consider making a mining/skin mule

UPDATE: I didnt feel confortable waiting took longer then i expected so I quest to stop wasting time

yes you can do it for sure

You can also go to black morass and aoe farm the mobs in the instance, there are multiple videos on the web to show how to do it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.