As an Alliance player, there's no valid argument against exterminating the Horde

I wish I could stand by and just watch. I can’t. I’m forced by Jaina to help his daddy Thrall rescue a cow.

3 Likes

Zandalari are confirmed weak because they weren’t immune to the Sundering. Yep🙈

3 Likes

Or when they buckled under a specific troll tribe high on Titan Fetus Blood and leeching on the energies that seeped out of her wound…

Well, no sh!t!!

2 Likes

We would have already got our final victory if Baine wouldn’t betray us all the time.

Yeah, kinda hard to win anything if the Horde war modus includes having several collectives shooting themselves randomly in the foot. Repeatedly.

1 Like

That’s correct.

Which begs the question:
What was Blizzard smoking, when they decided to put this two races on the same faction.

Worst:
The Forsaken are part of Thrall Horde because the Tauren thought, at the time, they could heal the Forsaken …

What the authors did during all of these years and especially in BfA ?
Show that was a mistake …

Thank you Blizzard for showing me something, I knew since day one in vanilla …

Cheers.

1 Like

I beg to kindly disagree. After all its not all flowers , and the allegiance was ofc, military focus. Th Horde would acquire a foothold in Eastern Kingdoms, and the Forsaken would have allies, since the Alliance rejected them, and being alone is dangerous.

The Tauren trying to be helpful and merciful towards Forsaken is very Tauren-like as well, and in character of them.

Finally , in BFA forsaken and their torments are once again highlighted with Vivian, and even Zelling who was a very interesting character imo, and ofc in Before the Storm Novel and the Arathi incident.

Its not like the Forsaken fit right in with the Horde, but they do fit more with the Horde, since they are outcasts the Alliance fears and hunts. And they had a fine cooperation so far, so there is no reason to question that.

Allegiances of convenience happen, or start for benefit but may end up more.

I mean what do Lightforged Draenai have in common with Void Elves? Srsly…

1 Like

I’m going to try and rephrase what I meant, by “fine” I meant more like, it’s acceptable. I mean I did list several things, for my sake they could place down prison camps, like the ones Thrall escaped from around The Eastern Kingdoms. Some quests could be introduced where you as a Horde work with one of the leaders who are not as sympathetic to the deal the Alliance forced upon the Horde or some covert elements who realize that CLEARLY this is not how the state of things should be to work to free the prisoners/help spark uprisings. That’s just one ontop of my head, besides what I wrote in my first comment.

I too feel like the Forsaken alliance wasn’t that of an issue.
It was an alliance of convenience, and presented in a way that didn’t have the worst Forsaken aspects all splattered across the face of the rest of the Horde factions.
It worked because both were outcast collectives, and the Forsaken were intelligent enough to not let the worst of them be excessively apparent.
In Cataclysm this approach shifted towards a more utilitarian mindset: the Forsaken were useful because they brought results.

But in BfA, we have both things being thrown out the window from the rest of the Horde leaders point of view (or at least that’s what writers are attempting), for the sake of making them irredeemable in the eyes of the faction and use them as a scapegoat to bridge the differences with the Alliance in a way that doesn’t make Anduin look bad.

Ps: Every race has their issues with the rest of the Horde. Even orcs and Tauren. Forsaken are just the current trendy villain to be thrown under the bus.
This doesn’t mean that their inclusion in Vanilla was a bad idea, as there are many ways it could’ve worked. Something similar happens with Night elves and the Alliance.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

Someone needs to remember Activision Blizzard authors of that part.
In my perspective it’s gone from the narrative.

Baine Vs Sylvanas …

How about a narrative in which Sylvanas has a justification for war backed by Baine and Saurfang ?

My theory:
Anything that comes under the Alliance narrative, becomes justified.
Even void and the light …

Can you imagine the light sharing close quarters with the void ?
That’s Aleria and Turalyon …

Cheers.

4 Likes

Pretty much. Nobody ever trusted the forsaken, which is why it makes 0 sense that Vol’jin would be convinced to give all the power to Sylvanas. The story would be 100% better if Sylvanas never became warchief.

1 Like

I like to think its more of a Christie Golden problem, cause she tried to have the Alliance make amends with former Lordaeron, thus Forsaken. While this is indeed in-character for Anduin, I think it also as very very pointless unless u plan to bring factions down, there is no way Forsaken will be pro-Alliance.

Bringing us back to Alliances of convenience and Forsaken bringing results, lets not forget it was Sylvannas who saved everyone from the Trap at the Broken shore like, “yesterday”.

2 Likes

You might have hit a nail there.

It’s theorised that Sylvanas is doing things so everyone comes together.

Does it makes sense ?
I will let this to each individual opinion.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Oh here comes deux de machina rants.

If we are playing that game, then Horde shouldnt exist after SoO or even at the start of BFA.

As for Forsaken, I think whoever said that Thrall accepted them to gain foothold in EK is accurate, and Sylvanas at a time wanted to have allies against Alliance and who is better suit for that then Horde, but she never had any intetion of loyalty of any kind.

But it’s true.

It’s the equivalent of giving a cavemen tribe a machine gun. They’ll obviously find it easy to beat the rest.

Same happened with the dark trolls and their monopoly over the Well.

And this sort of thing will obviously remove some merit whenever comparing the fighting prowess of the two.

1 Like

Same can be said bout any power boosting features, including LoA or Light at this point, Sunwell or technology.

No, no, yes (kinda), and no.

The first two are basically cosmic energies of extended use that aren’t favouring one or another for exogenous reasons, and the last one is a conception created and developed exclusively by the society involved.

The Sunwell follows a similar logic to the Well tho.
But at least it was consciously created and “weaponised”.

Dark trolls just came to stumble upon a crate of guns someone had dropped at their doorstep. And used them to subdue the rest of “cavemen” (to follow my own analogy), while taking advantage of a fortuitous act of God that gave them said advantage.

The Well had nothing to do with Night elves themselves. It wasn’t their “might” as much as it wasn’t their doing.
They just were the ones lucky enough to set camp where someone had left said crate of guns.

PS: To clarify, I’m not taking this as a way to discredit Night elves entirely. I simply don’t think that the fight against the Zandalari was that meritorious nor a show of the “Might of the Kaldorei”. It was basically about bringing a gun to a knife fight.

1 Like

Loas are true beings and they’re not mortal you ignorant fool! They’re there for us to grant true prosperity. Maybe humans needs one deity for pissing so they could get a clue and piss off.

We’re blessed by natural beigns that are there for us for good and bad, they react quickly and actually avenge their followers instead of watching idly or waiting for next patch - like that lunar thingy that saggy ears are worshipping.

You wish to have true theocracy but you got two flimsy chapels and that’s it , while entire Zandalar is filled with temples and shrines! Being in contact with divine forces is our call and they will reward me for bringing heads of a savages such as yourself. And there couldn’t ve a greasest call than that.

1 Like

Hey good talk man, good to see them in action in Dazar Seige. They are very quick to react to defand their city. Bwansamdi was especially great with his aid in dealing with yar King.

1 Like