As an Alliance player, there's no valid argument against exterminating the Horde

And I believe orcs were justified for attacking them back, it’s not like they tried to warn them or tried any diplomatic measures.

Night eles should be aware of orcs - especially when one is a great hero that even Tyranda remembers fondly. So long Broxiggar is a canon then nelves have a very thin excuse.

Gurubashi summoning Hakkar was becuase of the Saundering consequences, unlike nelfies they were not given boons from dragons, they were suffering heavy casulties and there was a problem with famine.
Nelfies sought power for the sake of it.

I’m just pointing awful double standarts, that it’s ok to wipe out others but it’s not ok to wipe out alliance in return. I don’t really see any difference.

And the trolls from several thousand years ago are the same individuals as the ones populating the world now?

Again, if the actions of said trolls translate into extended traits for the whole race, from your point of view, how is it that the same doesn’t apply to Night elves?

PS: Besides, if i wanted to “redirect my hatred”, i rather take it directly on those elves that currently live and are working for/with Tyrande (many under Mordent), instead of going with the generational gap of several thousand years that even changed their descendants physical appearence.
(Unless i argued for the Amani of course).

1 Like

Elves vs. Trolls, spicy!

Not to rain on your little parade, but the physical changes happened within the same generation of original exiles. I do hope this is an innocent enough point to keep me out of the rest of the “Elves vs. Trolls” thing?

1 Like

I’d also have deep hatered for those who assauleted, me took over my possesion and land, killed my brethren and so on and so on. Troll hatered for others is justified.

1 Like

Trolls are agressors! Interesting! When both IN-game books and Chroniclers said that once they established their empires they were perfectly happy with their borders and were minding their own business.

They even had a deal with nelfies that they agreed to not fight so long they’re left alone. And guess who broke that pact? That’s right! Elves!
Apparently Saundering made that deal expire!

1 Like

Oh the amount of double standards on both sides is so refreshing.

2 Likes

They ended her because she threatened the entire world (and themselves) with the Legion. Not for some altruistic reasoning about “ending her expansionism”. She was pretty done with it once she started with their new shenanigans with the Well.

And its not as if either Malfurion or Tyrande ever protested about the land they inherited.

Breaking a lance with the game “villains” here, the Amani case still is one that has them fighting tooth and nail for what basically is their land.
You said that the Alliance Night elves were never the aggressors because they simply defended their territory. Well, same applies to the Amani.
Even the Drakkari, Farraki, and Zandalari (these last in its own particular way), have similar claims and approaches regarding their supposed “aggresive” ways.

If you want to argue that Night elves weren’t aggressive because they were basically defending their territory, said logic applies to most troll claims too.

The Amani bit certainly goes more towards BEs, but the stance about being apologetic regarding Night elves aggression still sticks out.

And we have some of the ones that directly worked under Azshara, and directly contributed to the sundering, working under Tyrande and Malfurion.

The “remnants of Azshara’s highborne” aren’t the Blood elves. Those are their descendants.
No, the actual “remnants” are split, and many of them are under Mordent working for Tyrande and Malfurion.

3 Likes

Yea yea, lets cut the bs , the first thing the alliance did was track Sylvanas in Stormheim 3 expansions after she killed Greymane’s son instead of the main goal , BFA goblin miners

Lets be fair, there is wrong on both sides there, firstly, Yes, as a starting Dwarf or Gnome, you do get sent to go and kill children. That’s a thing. That happens. Bold move by BLizzard, admittedly. Not just ‘Your race kills children’ but ‘you as the -hero- kill children’. Bold move.

Obviously we can look at that and go “Yeah, that’s evil”

The Kaldorei are only reasonable when it suits them. If they thought the original Orcs were the Legion and so were justified in attacking them, then How the Heck didn’t they attack actual real life Eredar who rocked up next door from a crashed spacecraft. Actual Eredar! I mean they even -Look- like Archimonde just smaller, not just ‘They looked funny’ but ‘They look identical to the bad guy we just had to sacrifice our immortality to kill!’ (I do of course refer to the Draenei)

The Kaldorei were never all sweetness and light, and were quite happy to be an aggressively expansionist power, as were the Trolls. Saying one is bad, for doing what both did is faintly ridiculous. Also yes it was -those- Kaldorei. Some followed Dath’remar into exile and became High/Blood Elves, Some for some reason the Kaldorei handwaved away and stayed in Kalimdor (Not sure how that worked), some became Shal’dorei in their bubble of isolation, and some are indeed now Kaldorei again under Mordent. So yes, it was the same Kaldorei. They are not complete innocents here, I mean that’s the point, No one is.

that was meant as a joke not an argument, calm down, you haven’t even replied to the main argument I proposed.

You really provided no argument. It was not lumber they were cutting, it was their home, their sacred groves, and ancient lands. Imagine someone walks into your home tramples it and empties your fridge, should you be making friends with them LOL. Next you will ask the Kaldorei to apologize to the Warsong?

Different timeline,Tyrande in WC3 does not know them, did you read WOTA? In addition you can clearly see the sentinels watching the Orcs from the shadows until they saw them as mongrels that have no respect for nature, they cut trees,killed wisps. On top of that the Orcs even attacked Night Elven villages in order to cut down Ancients ! Because Ancients are made of trees even tho they are sentient and Grommash knew that. Stop playing the victim you are very bad at it.

LOL the land that they inherited 4 thousand years before they were born, yes very valid claims. Tyrande and Malfurion the violent fiends that took the Troll lands ! your problem is with the Highborne and Azshara beyond that you got no arguments.

Blood Elves gonna blood elf. Maybe Zul’jin was right, should have killed them all. Trolls where here first. Night elfs invaded troll lands since the dawn of things. You are NOT the victims.

the Trolls populated empty lands. Kaldorei took it by force and conquered it all due to their advantage of having the Well of eternity, They never were the victims. Ever. Roman imperialism in Warcraft is a Nightelf invention.

You’re the one acting foolish and arrogant :

“With the insectoids driven into exile, the twin troll empires returned to business as usual. Despite their great victory, neither civilization expanded much farther than their original boundaries. However, ancient texts speak of a small faction of trolls that broke off from the Amani Empire and founded their own colony in the heart of the dark continent.”

“These moss-skinned trolls could regenerate lost limbs and heal grievous physical injuries, but they proved to be a barbaric, evil race. The Amani empire stretched across most of northern Lordaeron, and the trolls fought hard to keep unwanted strangers from their borders. The elves developed a deep loathing for the vicious trolls and killed them on sight whenever they were encountered.After many long years, the high elves finally found a land which was reminiscent of Kalimdor. Deep within the northern forests of the continent, they founded the kingdom of Quel’Thalas and vowed to create a mighty empire which would dwarf that of their Kaldorei cousins. Unfortunately they soon learned that Quel’Thalas was founded upon an ancient troll city that the trolls still held to be sacred. Almost immediately, the trolls began to attack the elven settlements en masse.”

But trolls are ebil and haters, so it’s justified, right?

Regarding Azshara :

" Azshara also struck an accord with the Zandalari, who held considerable influence over the rest of their race. Uninterested in conquering the trolls, which the queen saw as a minor nuisance at best, she allowed the Zandalari to keep their sacred Zandalar Mountainsin exchange for ending troll incursions into kaldorei territory."

After their discovery of the Well of Eternity, the descendants of these dark trolls, now calling themselves Kaldorei in their, came to power. Despite the trolls’ attempts to keep them from expanding their territories, the night elves built a strong empire that expanded rapidly across primordial Kalimdor. Wielding magics never before seen by their ancestors’ kin, who remained largely superstitious, the night elves had little trouble demolishing the trolls’ twin empires, an act the aqir could not accomplish.

The night elves systematically dismantled the trolls’ defenses and supply chains. The trolls, unable to counter the elves’ destructive magics, buckled under the onslaught. The actions of the night elves incurred the trolls’ long-lasting hatred and disdain. The Gurubashi and Amani Empires fragmented within only a few short years.

Eventually, the night elves’ reckless overuse of magic lured the demonic Burning Legion to the world. The demons destroyed much of the night elves’ civilization. Though there are no records to indicate that the Legion attacked either troll civilization, it is likely that battles took place across the breadth of the continent.

1 Like

Your main argument were that the Shatterspear attacked first, yes, I’m aware of that.
But your argument was also:

and all I was saying is yes, you can and you did it before. So basically agreeing with you here :wink:

1 Like

Awful thread. Close it down before someone brings up 5.1.

1 Like

Evil blood elf witch !

I mean the thread is about how there’s no valid argument against exterminating the Horde. Of course it is awful…

3 Likes

You know it. It’s in the starter pack of the Blood Elf fanboy to be salty about the Purge of Dalaran.

Since the Horde started this war and committed big war crimes early on seeing the Alliance do this wouldn’t do anything in my eyes.
It would just be payback.

But the fact that there are so many threads like this, in both NA and EU forums, just proves how much the story has been screwed up by Blizz.
All they needed to do, the one things that would make this so so so much better, was give the Alliance the first strike, just have them attack first.

It would avoid so much bickering that’s going on right now, it would also avoid another needless Horde civil war that’s about to happen.

I just don’t know what to say anymore but I dread to see what will happen next, so much so that even the leak where everyone dies sounds good.

5 Likes

It’s Blizzard… “giving the Alliance the first strike”… so basically making Anduin the Scooby Doo-level villain instead. I’d like Anduin to be a misguided villain, but it’s Blizzard we’re talking about. The last good villain they wrote was Daelin 20 years ago.